• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Everyone's a super star if you're in this forum mate, half of us would be playing big leagues if it wasn't for the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

What injurys ended all your careers if any?
Did a SCI (Spinal Chord Injury) while pigging with a couple mates at my cousins property back in 97. Was playing at Gatton Pigs at the time.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Everyone's a super star if you're in this forum mate, half of us would be playing big leagues if it wasn't for the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

Ruptured Achilles.

It was a warm day out at Gaza verse BGS, I was playing 14B footy, I stepped off my right foot and it ultimately resulted in me rupturing my achilles and tearing my calf. I now only play 5ths. However that injury made me love footy more. I love talking about it as much as I love playing the great game

lead_protect_seal

Bob McCowan (2)

Was playing Nudgee third's back in my day against Toowoomba, was going to clear out a ruck, had a bloke land on me and broke my neck, in hospital for a few weeks was really brutal, but just got so much love for the game can't let it go that's why I find myself here.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
hey all,
just wanted to introduce myself as i am new to the forum, and green and gold as a whole. My name is Paul Vaitusi, but am commonly reffered to as Pilfer Paul, as back in the day i was hard on the ball like Arch Illot is in the present day. Feel free to spark up a convo and cant wait to give my input. Thanks
PP
Hey Paul, nice to have you on mate. Enjoy yourself

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)
TGS 1stXV Starting lineup Vs NC

1. Arch Campbell
2. Reuben Kruger
3. Harrison Humphreys
4. Rupeni baravlilua
5. Jonah Allen
6. Ethan Ramsay
7. Joe gray
8. Tom bailey
9. Jack brown
10.Illease
11. ben burgess
12. Trace beattie
13. Rythem Tusi
14. name withheld
15. Myles Rosemond

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Wow, I always knew that this pack was brave but God almighty do we have some warriors in here. Great to see everyone has kept their love for the game alive despite these horrific injuries.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
GT 16A Team lists this week

1724377632364.png

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)

View attachment 20425
hey QTT,
what a team am i right. They'd have to be one of the top teams in the comp surely. With forwards and back like that id find it hard to believe they would ever lose. I havent followed them closely but would love to hear how they are doing. P.S Ive known that sutherland (11) kid for a while and what a true talent he is. I cant believe he wasnt picked for emerging reds u16

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)

1. Arch Campbell
2. Reuben Kruger
3. Harrison Humphreys
4. Rupeni baravlilua
5. Jonah Allen
6. Ethan Ramsay
7. Joe gray
8. Tom bailey
9. Jack brown
10.Illease
11. ben burgess
12. Trace beattie
13. Rythem Tusi
14. name withheld
15. Myles Rosemond
that ben burgess kid can play footy. made my way up the range last week and he was truly the best on ground. can't wait to see how he matches up against Conway this weekend

lead_protect_seal

Bob McCowan (2)
hey QTT,
what a team am i right. They'd have to be one of the top teams in the comp surely. With forwards and back like that id find it hard to believe they would ever lose. I havent followed them closely but would love to hear how they are doing. P.S Ive known that sutherland (11) kid for a while and what a true talent he is. I cant believe he wasnt picked for emerging reds u16
Great to see you expressing your input Paul that's what this forum is all about. Keep working hard legend.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Any players in this to look out for in the GT 1sts?
Jacob Sutherland was extremely impressive in the Downlands game when he stepped up to play firsts. I believe someone told me he made upwards of 30 tackles in the game and ran the ball over 15 times. This hardworking kid most definitely has what it takes to be apart of the GT side and I am ecstatic to see him grow and play 1sts next year.

NAPALM_D

Stan Wickham (3)

View attachment 20425
Hopefully the Boys can bounce back this weekend against college. I think the problem for these boys is that they are waiting for something to happen instead of digging in and working as a 15. I understand they might have their main strike weapon in nick weir out with a knee injury but with the likes of Condron and Clifton their is no excuse for not working hard. Head coach Luke Dalterio will be under immense pressure this weekend as his side needs to record a win to remain on track for the prem. Have heard that Michael Kent will be called upon if these city slickers cant get their act together and play some hard footy and work as a 15 for 60 minutes. Also a big loss in jerry hard bottle reports saying he sustained a concussion in a car crash yesterday on the way out to tennyson. Can these GT boys catch a break.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Hopefully the Boys can bounce back this weekend against college. I think the problem for these boys is that they are waiting for something to happen instead of digging in and working as a 15. I understand they might have their main strike weapon in nick weir out with a knee injury but with the likes of Condron and Clifton their is no excuse for not working hard. Head coach Luke Dalterio will be under immense pressure this weekend as his side needs to record a win to remain on track for the prem. Have heard that Michael Kent will be called upon if these city slickers cant get their act together and play some hard footy and work as a 15 for 60 minutes. Also a big loss in jerry hard bottle reports saying he sustained a concussion in a car crash yesterday on the way out to tennyson. Can these GT boys catch a break.
Love how you can get this inside info. Are you involved with the GT program mate?

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)

1. Arch Campbell
2. Reuben Kruger
3. Harrison Humphreys
4. Rupeni baravlilua
5. Jonah Allen
6. Ethan Ramsay
7. Joe gray
8. Tom bailey
9. Jack brown
10.Illease
11. ben burgess
12. Trace beattie
13. Rythem Tusi
14. name withheld
15. Myles Rosemond
I am glad to see Rhymen Tusi back in the 13 jumper. He played one of the best games i have ever seen in my life against the GT 16A team. Single handedly dismantling them, scoring 3 tries and setting up two or three from long range.