• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Did a SCI (Spinal Cord Injury) while pigging with a couple mates at my cousins property back in 97. Was playing at Gatton Pigs at the time.
After my time at TGS, I made the move to Leos (UQ boarding house), whilst playing for East’s… In the ‘bye’ or holiday period (Can’t remember), I went back home and went on trip out to the scrub with a few mates. To put it simply enough whilst chasing a boar, hopped off my horse and in the process of landing twisted my knee. ACL shattered, and meniscus torn, just like that I didn’t play footy for 2 years. Just a quick message for the schoolboys on this forum. Be thankful your young, and uninjured. With knowing this play your heart out, cause you never know when your last game will be…

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
View attachment 20427View attachment 20428
Nudgee 16A's and 2nds this round vs TGS.
wow, dont they have depth, tito hamala is truly a gift from the gods, and with calves the size of his, he would be a starter in the 1's at any other school. unfortunately for him levi slater was chosen ahead of him from the get go, however he could definitely be the one who nudgee will need as the season comes to a close, if they want to take it home.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
wow, dont they have depth, tito hamala is truly a gift from the gods, and with calves the size of his, he would be a starter in the 1's at any other school. unfortunately for him levi slater was chosen ahead of him from the get go, however he could definitely be the one who nudgee will need as the season comes to a close, if they want to take it home.
Agree - Would love to see the powerhouse come on in weeks to come.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
After my time at TGS, I made the move to Leos (UQ boarding house), whilst playing for East’s… In the ‘bye’ or holiday period (Can’t remember), I went back home and went on trip out to the scrub with a few mates. To put it simply enough whilst chasing a boar, hopped off my horse and in the process of landing twisted my knee. ACL shattered, and meniscus torn, just like that I didn’t play footy for 2 years. Just a quick message for the schoolboys on this forum. Be thankful your young, and uninjured. With knowing this play your heart out, cause you never know when your last game will be…
No bloody way, exact same thing happened to my cousin's mate back in 94. I believe he was also playing for Easts and apart of the UQ college system.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I am excited to see how well Prestyn (NC) plays tomorrow. Had a slow start verse GT and warmed up late in the game
The bloke is a truck. I'm sure it was hard for him to come back from injury against a strong and physical GT side but I'm sure he will get back in his groove, especially after those long training sessions on the flats. I heard from a mate he drinks a Litre of milk a day.

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
i truly do feel for you. acl injury's are truly the worst. ive heard it is very common for countrymen to get these sorts of injuries as the work required is just so physically demanding and i totally agree with you about cherishing your age. all the young fullas i see running around, having the time of their life, really brings a tear to my eye. that was me some time ago, you know. but now im sitting at home, in my old recliner chair, reminiscing about the good old days, enjoying the GPS 1st XV with a cold one in hand. nothing better #howgoodsfooty

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
i truly do feel for you. acl injury's are truly the worst. ive heard it is very common for countrymen to get these sorts of injuries as the work required is just so physically demanding and i totally agree with you about cherishing your age. all the young fullas i see running around, having the time of their life, really brings a tear to my eye. that was me some time ago, you know. but now im sitting at home, in my old recliner chair, reminiscing about the good old days, enjoying the GPS 1st XV with a cold one in hand. nothing better #howgoodsfooty
Should come out to Forum Hill in round 9 and enjoy some with us. Lawn Chairs, cold ones, spinning yarns with my fellow forumists and GPS Footy..... Don't think there's much better in life.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
My tips for this week:

BSHS V BGS: Statey will destroy BGS here. They are bigger, stronger, faster, more skilled and more aggressive. Simple as that.
(BSHS 56 - BGS 3)

NC
V TGS: TGS beat a poor GT team riddled with injuries last week, but their winning ways will come to an end this week, as NC will give them a good old fashioned touch up on Ross (NC 41 - TGS 12)

GT
V BBC: UPSET OF THE YEAR - GT are running low on players, with many injuries, however they are hardworkers and will be more physical than BBC. BBC thought they could just walk past BGS last week, putting on a half strength team, almost treating it like a bye round. This is poor preparation for a tough end to the year (GT, NC etc.) This will be close but BBC just seem like they are taking teams to lightly and might have some ego issues. GT are hard working and humble, and this will be the difference. (GT 22 - BBC 19)

IGS
V ACGS: No pritchard, no win. SIMPLE AS THAT! Underwood doesn't get 1stXV footy. Kid cant play at all. I'd rather have Lucas Clifford at fullback then him. IGS have the most dangerous backline in the comp, and they will put on a show down at main oval in East Brissy. Murgha to score 3 tries, and Walker will set him up for 2 of them. (IGS 38 - ACGS 17)

Cheers lads
Have to agree on all of those ones there @WHACKO_JACKO.GT