• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Tom Buchanan

Bob McCowan (2)
For Me - I would have to go Barry Smith (BGS), and M Ngatai (BSHS).
Smith has strengthened the BGS scrum heavily since he has joined the spring hill boys Rockhampton. I've heard from around the grapevine his nickname is 'twinkle toes' due to his hard step and ball carry
Ngatai has been a force to be reckoned with this season at the 9 spot. His pill is immaculate and he has provided strong attack for the BSHS side, with a couple cheeky tries himself. Personally, I believe he has been a centrepiece of the BSHS spine and carried them strongly throughout the season. I hope to see him somewhere in the colts program in 25.
Mate 100% I can agree with those. Barry Smith constantly finds ball during lineouts and open play despite being a starting prop. Ngatai has also bein a weapon around the ruck, exploiting the shortside and picking numerous times. Also @Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage Romer has been outstanding in defense with a bone crunching hit on a BBC player on the weekend.
Cheers
T.B.

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
As we are now well into the GPS 2024 season , may I ask the forum who everyones most underrated players are in the comp. For me personally it's GT second rower Charlie Cross. He has been massive.
I couldn't agree more that bloke leaves his heart and soul on the field every game. He can lead this Terrace team this weekend to a gutsy win over the Collegians. I'm sure @Quick_Tap_Tony could agree.

Thanks,
ATA

Tom Buchanan

Bob McCowan (2)
I couldn't agree more that bloke leaves his heart and soul on the field every game. He can lead this Terrace team this weekend to a gutsy win over the Collegians. I'm sure @Quick_Tap_Tony could agree.

Thanks,
ATA
Cheers ATA
Totally mate, playing ball with skill is one thing, but cold hard tikka is a trait not many players possess these days. This bloke as you said is one of these rare players giving it everything every week and showing up when his team needs him.
T.B.

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
Hey @Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage, mate, i don't apprectiate the atmoshere that you have brought toward this rugby comunite, I'm just trying to help out a valued member of our communities, I'm sick of people thinning there the big dog now, honestly. Watch you mouth mate.
No one ordered the Waffles mate let's send them back to the kitchen thanks! Joined on Tuesday and telling a survivor of D-day 1 to watch their mouth.
I witnessed the great ban of round 3'

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
BSHS vs BGS - BSHS win
BBC vs GT - Highlanders go over at Gaza
NC vs TGS - Nudgee win at Galipoli
AGGS vs IGS - Churchie

The Welsh Presbyterians v the Irish settlers should be the game of the round and I hope my non-boarding brothers manage to knock off the lads in the Cuban hats and also soften them up for the Nudgee weekend which is looming.

Gaza is a difficult cricket ground to play rugby on and the stay at home brothers, cousins, sons, mates of Nudgee are difficult to play there. I’ve nailed most results so far this season but I regret to say, I think the Toowong College lads might just scrape through here with the sniff of the Premiership giving them just a little more motivation to get them across the line.

Ipswich and Churchie will also be interesting but I’ll have to go with Churchie this time.

I wouldn’t write off the boys on the tractors either v the Rugby Empire but I think Nudgee have too much talent in the end in those outside backs. When the going gets tough, they pull out the special moments that no other team in the Premiership can do…apart from State high of course.

A no brainer re the State high match and a small crowd in attendance.

It’s building…I can already hear the Roman chariots turning to Ross…

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Welsh Presbyterians v the Irish settlers should be the game of the round and I hope my non-boarding brothers manage to knock off the lads in the Cuban hats and also soften them up for the Nudgee weekend which is looming.

Gaza is a difficult cricket ground to play rugby on and the stay at home brothers, cousins, sons, mates of Nudgee are difficult to play there. I’ve nailed most results so far this season but I regret to say, I think the Toowong College lads might just scrape through here with the sniff of the Premiership giving them just a little more motivation to get them across the line.

Ipswich and Churchie will also be interesting but I’ll have to go with Churchie this time.

I wouldn’t write off the boys on the tractors either v the Rugby Empire but I think Nudgee have too much talent in the end in those outside backs. When the going gets tough, they pull out the special moments that no other team in the Premiership can do…apart from State high of course.

Favourite part of the week is reading @Sofit reports

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)

Agree Here - Who else is getting keener and keener for the round 9 GF!