• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
I get what you’re trying to do mate. Undermine my integrity to gain trust on this forum smart play… Just remember your a Frank Row, I am a Fred Wood…
Sorry B6

Didn't mean anything by my comments. I hope we can be good mates despite our difference in experience. By the way, how have TGS gone this season. I saw them get a touch up by GT on Saturday even though they were resting some key players in their lineup.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Any Predictions for the Final u16 Reds team? i.e - after the carnival is finished and the final 23 squad is picked.
Considering the nature of the Reds which can be supported by the u15s, the team is probably already picked in which they will have certain players regardless of their form at carnival. I would say it will be the same team as last year plus a few changes. Normally they chuck 1 or 2 from QLD country in the team.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Considering the nature of the Reds which can be supported by the u15s, the team is probably already picked in which they will have certain players regardless of their form at carnival. I would say it will be the same team as last year plus a few changes. Normally they chuck 1 or 2 from QLD country in the team.
My only hope is to see more form Country/Coast. Reds need to start looking wider in their academies. The saddest part is the lack of choice from up north when schools in Cairns, Rockhampton, Cape York, etc seem to produce nearly more talent than the SEQ area. I love GPS footy but in terms of success the reds need to look far and white and avoid GPS nepotism.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
What are everyone's thoughts on the BBC verses BGS game, haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Pretty shocked by the tightness of the game, was it quite a tough battle on Miskin for the Green and Black?? Still very keen to see how GT vs BBC travels this weekend after the loss against TGS on the weekend.

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
What are everyone's thoughts on the BBC verses BGS game, haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Pretty shocked by the tightness of the game, was it quite a tough battle on Miskin for the Green and Black?? Still very keen to see how GT vs BBC travels this weekend after the loss against TGS on the weekend.
IMO poor game from BBC besides a couple and and a strong performance from BGS.

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
Very tough but lets not forget a lot of these opens and especially year 12 players play through their last year with minor fractures in hands, and niggels that they should rest but don't , just really shows how much these boys love their school.
I am not saying the flyhalf has a minor fracture was just making a sidenote on these boys playing through injuries.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Even if he isn't coming back, tennesyon is a tough field to play at in which they always get a crowd. You have to be up for it if you want to get the result there. At home, GT beat Grammar (Anglican Church Grammar School) and narrowly lost to Nudgee.

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
The selection of the Reds ERC needs to venture further just from the standard of “Oh let’s just hire a selector who happens to also coach a GPS 14/15/16A team”… The amount of talent from Country, and Rural QLD union players goes SOOO unnoticed, and that is the key reason these boys make the ‘switch’ to league. All i‘m saying is don’t let these boys go too waste…

Guan Syun

Banned
IMO poor game from BBC besides a couple and and a strong performance from BGS.
Hey cyclist,

Quite a few standout performances from the BGS boys to keep the margin narrow playing away on Miskin. Debutant winger Bourke scored a hatrick, while Willmott and Siganto looked at home in their first starting appearance. #10 Breen looks like the real deal consistently performing at both the flyhalf and fullback position. After hearing a lot about Lucas Clifford aka The Pitbull, I can confidently say he did not disappoint. While College got the win, alarm bells ring for the highlanders with some tough fixtures coming up.

-Guan Syun