• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Cochrane

Frank Row (1)
Hey mate no place for that in this forum. It is strictly for QLD GPS footy talk not a place to make your mates laugh. I have reported this and notified staff.

-QTT
Completey agree QTT, I have also reported this myself. This kind of chat will not be tolerated and serves a warning to all these other schoolboys in here. If you have genuine intell that's great, but if not please find another place to get a laugh out of your mate in period 1 woodwork.

Yours truly,
Ron-coch.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Hi All, TheRugbyCyclist here, presenting my tips for the week.
As always, these are just an opinion, and I would love to hear feedback/thoughts from all fellow forumists.

TSS vs BSHS - GIVE ME THE STATEY BOYS!
BSHS have proven themselves week in week out as one of the premiership contenders with season. As far as I know, Roman will return again this week, potentially as a starter (not sure if he has been in Tasmania or not), but after a clutch win against IGS away, and premiership contending momentum, I see state high taking this one. Although TSS have been strong, after a loss against BBC, and especially looking at their Nudgee result, I envision that BSHS will come out with the energy and take this one, as TSS seem to be slightly struggling with their mentality so far.
FINAL SCORE - 22-15 BSHS

BGS vs TGS - GIVE ME THE BOYS FROM THE RANGE IN THE BLUE AND GOLD
After a loss for both sides last week, with BGS suffering a big one against NC, and TGS going out in what was once a close game against ACGS, I see the boys from the range coming out with their first win of the season. Although TGS have been dicey, making many changes in their spine throughout the season, their team will prove ultimately too good for the Grammar boys as they travel to Northgate. TGS have had a solid squad all year and have surprised many by not winning, but with their shifty backs and composed forwards, they can easily grab their first win up at Oval 1.
FINAL SCORE - 33-18 TGS

ACGS vs BBC - GIVE ME THE HIGHLANDER BOYS FROM THE 'WONG
This game is shaping up to be one of the best all season, however for obvious reasons it cannot be deemed as my game of the round. Both sides are coming of good wins last week and have looked to be top 5 sides. ACGS especially have seemed to be unpredictable, with losses against GT but a near win against NC, so it's been hard to pick how they can go. However, i predict that after that loss against BSHS, BBC have been fired up and are looking to put one hand on the premiership. With the forwards such as Eagle, Mayberry and their shifty backs such as Howarth and DJ, The team has looked composed both in free play and off the set piece. Churchie will compete, especially in the scrum, with the likes of Sio and Solofa. If BBC can manage their scrum in the late game and use their bench, (such as Clifford, Smith), i see them coming away with this one in a somewhat low scoring affair.
FINAL SCORE - 18-15 BBC

GT vs NC - GIVE ME MY OLD BOYS - THE BLUE AND WHITE. THIS IS THE GAME OF THE ROUND
Ahhhhh, the battle of the colours. Many things have been said about this game, and their are many possibilities indeed. As a NC old boy, my pick may be biased, but I see NC coming up with this one in a close one. NC have proven themselves all season as the team to beat, however GT aren't one to walk away from a challenge, and on their best day could come out winners. Personally, I see this game going two ways.
NUMBER 1 - GT come out firing, and the game goes down to the last minutes
NUMBER 2 - NC come through putting many points on in the first half and GT don't recover.
However it goes, I see Russell, scoring for GT, and O'conell from NC providing as the centrepiece for the NC attack. Scrums will be interesting to watch, with Terrace having a generally smaller time, however they have proven the golden rule in rugby - Size doesn't matter
FINAL SCORE - 19-17 NC

IGS - BYE

Again, please let me know your thoughts, and I thank everyone for putting in the time and effort to read my tips.
Not To "toot my own horn", but 4/4 here :cool:

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
All this Spr*n*l*r talk just has me a bit sad, thinking about those horrible days that lead to the lockout as @The Blin6side stated. Fellow forumists - let's just try and chat footy and respect the forum as staff wish. My Question for everyone - who is the most in form hooker at the moment?
J. Grenfell (NC) is in my opinion the best. Workhorse in attack and is a solid wall on defence.

-QTT

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
J. Grenfell (NC) is in my opinion the best. Workhorse in attack and is a solid wall on defence.

-QTT
Agree here mate, and thanks for actually talking footy. My personal Top 3 is

Grenfell (NC) - Great Work in the lineout, attack, and defence, as well as a great runner in the rolling maul - always avoiding the sack.
Harkins (GT) - As I watched the battle of the colours, Harkins appeared to have a strong scrummage structure, as well as what I believe to be one of the highest tackle counts in the game. However I believe he doesn't throw lineouts
Mayberry (BBC) - Great leadership qualities (as I have heard from the BBC camp), as well as a fast heavy ball runner with great defence, and a ruck-defying presence that will make any player scared to jackle his BBC teammates.

footyguru21

Bob McCowan (2)
All this Spr*n*l*r talk just has me a bit sad, thinking about those horrible days that lead to the lockout as @The Blin6side stated. Fellow forumists - let's just try and chat footy and respect the forum as staff wish. My Question for everyone - who is the most in form hooker at the moment?
Hey, gents hope you are all staying dry on this weary day,

For me, it would most definitely be the upcoming prospect J. Grenfell (NC) as QTT's said. However, I would like to elaborate on QTT's touching comment on Grenfell and add he is an absolute bloke in real life.

Thanks,
RG

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey, gents hope you are all staying dry on this weary day,

For me, it would most definitely be the upcoming prospect J. Grenfell (NC) as QTT's said. However, I would like to elaborate on QTT's touching comment on Grenfell and add he is an absolute bloke in real life.

Thanks,
RG
Thanks for the reply RG, how do you know him? Coach or Parent or Schoolboy? Apologies if you don't want to get too personal on the forum but I'm just personally interested.

Morning gents,
just wanted to reinstate that this is a footy only chat lets keep it on topic, enough of this silly chat.
Who is the most inform winger this season?

kind Regards,

RG
I agree completely, enough of these silly shenanigans.

I believe the best winger this season so far has been Bode Taylor, his performance in recent games has been outstanding.

kind regards,

the Inverell footy merchant

Terrance brunkhaust

Frank Row (1)
Hey TRC,

I was at the game of the grammars (TGS vs BGS) and was thrilled to see the result TGS got after there close match in pre-season. Being a TGSOB (79') I was watching our own players closely; however, the BGS hooker stood out to me. Timothy Allport i believe his name is, was giving it his all out on the field. With his non-stop work rate, consistent bullet line out throws, and keeping his head up through a tough game. I'm not one to dish out compliments to the opposition that much, but i can see young Tim being the next Stephen Moore. Might i add that the kid is in year 10 and playing in the front row of a very tough first 15 comp.

-Cheers TB

Ethan Caldwell

Bob McCowan (2)
Morning gents,
just wanted to reinstate that this is a footy only chat lets keep it on topic, enough of this silly chat.
Who is the most inform winger this season?

kind Regards,

RG
I couldn't agree with you more RG,
There has been some serious talent on the wing this year in the GPS, some real speedsters. A few that have caught my eye Nick Conway (NC) has shown some serious talent with some impressive individual tries as the one on the weekend against Terrace. So for me it has been him.

Kind regards,
EC

Status
Not open for further replies.