• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
The history of the coming of Waterhoses on this forum
1. The GT Youth - they were amusing for a while, then quickly got banned…
2. Next came the BBC Youth - followed and worked with the GT youth, forming some kind of alliance.
3. The Great War between the BSHS schoolboys and GT/BBC WaterHoses, they reeked havoc on the forum, however they were shut down eventually…
4. The lock out of the forum - A BBC WaterHose decided to use a racial slur that got the forum locked for 5 long days…
5. And now the current day - The BGS Youth has emerged through flames built by the WaterHoses, of the schoolboys before them…
Couldn't be more accuracte it's clear the BGS youth have just discovered the great green and gold

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
2. Next came the BBC Youth - followed and worked with the GT youth, forming some kind of alliance.
3. The Great War between the BSHS schoolboys and GT/BBC WaterHoses, they reeked havoc on the forum, however they were shut down eventually…
4. The lock out of the forum - A BBC WaterHose decided to use a racial slur that got the forum locked for 5 long days…
5. And now the current day - The BGS Youth has emerged through flames built by the WaterHoses, of the schoolboys before them…
HAHA, B6 could not have put it better. I really hope this forum does not turn back into the monstrosity of stage 3. They were dark days for the Forum. Please all newcomers let this serve as a reminder. I am all for schoolboys to serve as a noble source of inside info but please don't use this as a place to get a laugh from your mate in period 3 Agricultural Science.

-QTT

bigmoneybrown

Peter Burge (5)
The great war between BSHS and GT/BBC waterhoses was something else. The PRIME of this forum. Take me back!

Get em onside

Bob McCowan (2)
On my lunchbreak today, I did my daily reading of the forum followed by an article followed by the courier mail, which discussed the Nrl interest in making the GPS school a nurseries for rugby league through adding the sport to the calendar. I find it fairly ironic that they want to further develop GPS talent into league, however I think we can all agree that they are already poaching the players regardless of no league comp in the GPS. It seems as if every schools first 15 have a boy signed to a nrl club. Just to name a few Laine-Sietu (NC), Iraguha (GT), Walker (IGS), Fifita (TSS), Howarth (BBC) . As further highlighted by the wallabies game on Saturday it's evident that all the talent is going to league in which schools marquee players are 9 times out of 10 signed to a league team on a contract. Although you can look at this on a major scale and point fingers towards Rugby Au I think there is some steps the GPS must make. And this is firstly in the hands of the heads of rugby for respective schools. For Gods sake, stop investing in rugby league players as scholarships. All of the boys mentioned above are on a sporting scholarship, however they will never play union professionally rather league. When I'm watching the games all I hear is that guy is signed to the broncos and never that he is signed to the reds. Rugby Au got very lucky retain Church old boy Frankie goldsbrough, but other than that the major talent within the comp is going to league. You could make a top 8 nrl side with players from this comp. Featuring the like of Carrigan, Fidow, Atkinson, Walker, Gilbert, Savage and many more names. For the sake of Australian rugby union schools need to stop investing in league players and foster future wallabies. I think that the competition should follow the likes of Sydney and make the competition over the course of two terms. It's no wander the reds academy always get pumped when up against the warratahs.

bigmoneybrown

Peter Burge (5)
BMB i'll partly agree with you. Yes it was quite funny watching the youth back there school however the ban on the QLD GPS forum was dark.

-QTT
I’m with you brother. Food had no flavour, the sky had no colour. It was the first time i actually considered therapy, hah can’t believe i was that close to talking about my feelings! But boy O boy, those 3 days of stage 3 were something else! I could feel the pride of each school left right and centre. Took me back to those cold mornings on Ross. A time to be alive!

Ronald Cochrane

Frank Row (1)
Moving on from this WaterHose talk, and BGS Youth chat… Who has been your ‘Boom’ player? Meaning a young gun who has surprised you. Mine has been A. Illot (GT), and M. Rosmond (TGS).
Hey B6,
I think for me it would be the young Rockhampton prodigy Barry "Twinkle Toes" Smith, the hard working BGS #1. Although as a team BGS hasn't preformed as I'm sure they may have liked too, Barry, (especially considering I believe he is only in grade 11) has had some undoubtubly solid performances. Barry's footwork with ball in hand is almost unmatched by any other prop in the competition and both his defensive and scrummaging efforts have not gone unnoticed with Barry being one of the few props to play every minute this season. I looked forward to what this young gun has instore for the rest of the season and next year. Keep it up Barry.

Yours truly,
Ronald

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
On my lunchbreak today, I did my daily reading of the forum followed by an article followed by the courier mail, which discussed the Nrl interest in making the GPS school a nurseries for rugby league through adding the sport to the calendar. I find it fairly ironic that they want to further develop GPS talent into league, however I think we can all agree that they are already poaching the players regardless of no league comp in the GPS. It seems as if every schools first 15 have a boy signed to a nrl club. Just to name a few Laine-Sietu (NC), Iraguha (GT), Walker (IGS), Fifita (TSS), Howarth (BBC) . As further highlighted by the wallabies game on Saturday it's evident that all the talent is going to league in which schools marquee players are 9 times out of 10 signed to a league team on a contract. Although you can look at this on a major scale and point fingers towards Rugby Au I think there is some steps the GPS must make. And this is firstly in the hands of the heads of rugby for respective schools. For Gods sake, stop investing in rugby league players as scholarships. All of the boys mentioned above are on a sporting scholarship, however they will never play union professionally rather league. When I'm watching the games all I hear is that guy is signed to the broncos and never that he is signed to the reds. Rugby Au got very lucky retain Church old boy Frankie goldsbrough, but other than that the major talent within the comp is going to league. You could make a top 8 nrl side with players from this comp. Featuring the like of Carrigan, Fidow, Atkinson, Walker, Gilbert, Savage and many more names. For the sake of Australian rugby union schools need to stop investing in league players and foster future wallabies. I think that the competition should follow the likes of Sydney and make the competition over the course of two terms. It's no wander the reds academy always get pumped when up against the warratahs.

Rugby is at great risk of not be played at GPS in a decade, or at least as a second tier sport, as the NRL and AFL are much better products once it gets to the professional level. I say that as someone who can’t stand AFL nor the culture of it, and someone who will from time to time watch a part of an NRL game but will never have much interest in it due to the one demential nature of the sport as well as the obvious poor culture that surrounds the sport. If the GPS allows league into the GPS it’s all over for rugby union.

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey B6,
I think for me it would be the young Rockhampton prodigy Barry "Twinkle Toes" Smith, the hard working BGS #1. Although as a team BGS hasn't preformed as I'm sure they may have liked too, Barry, (especially considering I believe he is only in grade 11) has had some undoubtubly solid performances. Barry's footwork with ball in hand is almost unmatched by any other prop in the competition and both his defensive and scrummaging efforts have not gone unnoticed with Barry being one of the few props to play every minute this season. I looked forward to what this young gun has instore for the rest of the season and next year. Keep it up Barry.

Yours truly,
Ronald
A man of great knowledge you are Ronald.

I have had my tabs on this young boy from Rocky this season and he is one of the premier front rowers in the GPS. Young Barry possesses a great natural talent for the game of rugby as he displays excellent Stamina, Footwork, tackling and IQ in and around the ruck that has won BGS many turnovers throughout the season so far. His performances this season have shown he possesses a level of rugby that is far beyond his youth and Lets see if he can take his game to the next level next year and Hopefully he can lead his BGS side to a win this season and a few more next year!

-DB

Last edited:

Touchie42

Bob McCowan (2)
Moving on from this WaterHose talk, and BGS Youth chat… Who has been your ‘Boom’ player? Meaning a young gun who has surprised you. Mine has been A. Illot (GT), and M. Rosmond (TGS).
My boom player this season has been the young gun Jeremy Boo (BGS). This player is fearful when seeing the open field, no coincidence he competed in the 100m dash in the 2024 Olympics. If i was going to place my bets on a hooker for next season 1st XV, id place it on him.

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
My boom player this season has been the young gun Jeremy Boo (BGS). This player is fearful when seeing the open field, no coincidence he competed in the 100m dash in the 2024 Olympics. If i was going to place my bets on a hooker for next season 1st XV, id place it on him.
Touchie,

Sorry mate just checked Xplorer and i cant see any "Jeremy Boo". This sounds like a load of dribble to me. Was watching the Olympics on Friday with my misso and actually caught the 100m dash again no recollection of a "Jeremy Boo". Please keep this dribble out the forum as i will not hesitate to report you to admin.

-Cheers DB

Touchie42

Bob McCowan (2)
Touchie,

Sorry mate just checked Xplorer and i cant see any "Jeremy Boo". This sounds like a load of dribble to me. Was watching the Olympics on Friday with my misso and actually caught the 100m dash again no recollection of a "Jeremy Boo". Please keep this dribble out the forum as i will not hesitate to report you to admin.

-Cheers DB
Hey Don,
Looks like you need to find yourself a suitable pair of spectacles and take another look.
Sincerely T42

Status
Not open for further replies.