• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
GT i am so proud of you lads. Player of the match for GT for me, Charles Cross. 24 tackles is unheard of for a second rower. He got through a mountain of work and should definitely hold a position in the team of the week come wednesday. Cheers
Boy oh boy you must have spent a lot of time counting everyone's tackle. I hope C. Cross (GT) was not the only kid from the Gregory Terrace's 1XV you counted. If you have any more tackle stats please share, it is a part of the game an average footy fan often ignores.

-QTT

Footy GOD

Bob McCowan (2)
Boy oh boy you must have spent a lot of time counting everyone's tackle. I hope C. Cross (GT) was not the only kid from the Gregory Terrace's 1XV you counted. If you have any more tackle stats please share, it is a part of the game an average footy fan often ignores.

-QTT
Agreed, that number of tackles in a schoolboy game is unheard of. Need to keep an eye on Cross. Anyone know any others that get through this amount of work?
Cheers, FG.

footybaby

Sydney Middleton (9)
MOTM for every game
BBC Vs ACGS- Can’t look past the Pitbull as I say To BIG, To GOOD, To STRONG

GT Vs NC- Nick Conway here was very good on that wing, honourable mention to George Hales played a great game (was sniffing)

TGS vs BGS- Myles Rosemend thought he was quite good in a dominant TGS side

TSS vs BSHS - In a losing TSS team still thought Kingsley Uys was amazing second best prop in GPS behind the Pitbull I believe

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone have any results/news out of the 16as comp?
TGS vs BGS (13-17 TGS)
A tough fought contest which endured until the final whistle, saw TGS take the edge over a relentless BGS side. Key match up of Rhymen Tusi (TGS) and George Swan (BGS) stood out for me as they went head to head all game long, both showing their potential for the upcoming 2025 season.

BSHS vs TSS (28-19 TSS)
Quite a bit of star power featuring in this matchup, Taoso Taoso was exciting showing off his quick feet to evade defenders, however it wasnt enough to overcome the force of the TSS pack.

ACGS vs BBC (21-5 BBC)
Churchie fought valiantly in this contest, but College proved to be too much for the slightly under-gunned Churchie line up. Featuring multiple professionally signed contracts, the Brisbane Boys College line-up was able to get the job done. Churchie's hooker Harrison Batkin excelled when it came to set piece.

NC vs GT (22-5 NC)
Didn't get to watch this game, however based off of previous games I know Nudgee are a well structured team and usually dominate the scrum and lineouts.

I give my apologies @cycloplath, and will refrain from using nicknames in the future.

- G.S

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
Please List your Team of The Weeks from last Saturday. Would love to see a range of perspectives. I will release mine tonight.

-QTT

Like to Submit My Opens Team of the week. Thought it was ok to name all or any standout opens players. So apologies, and i tried to delete any inappropriate codenames i have seen.

1: Kingsley Uys (TSS)
2: Lucas ‘The Pitbull’ Clifford (BBC)
3: Charles Cross (GT)
4: Bennett Armistead (NC)
5: Eli Langi (BSHS)
6: Tom Wood (ACGS)
7: Jed "The Joker" Deacon (BGS)
8: Seb "The Jackhammer" Kimble (BGS)
9: George "Jack Russel" Hales (GT)
10: Charlie 0'Connell (NC)
11: Rhymen "Seki deki" Tusi (TGS)
12: Junior Latu (BSHS)
13: Kilarney "killer" Lavender (TSS)
14: Nick Conway (NC)
15: Ryan "Flyby" Bash (BGS)

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
TGS vs BGS (13-17 TGS)
A tough fought contest which endured until the final whistle, saw TGS take the edge over a relentless BGS side. Key match up of Rhymen Tusi (TGS) and George Swan (BGS) stood out for me as they went head to head all game long, both showing their potential for the upcoming 2025 season.

BSHS vs TSS (28-19 TSS)
Quite a bit of star power featuring in this matchup, Taoso Taoso was exciting showing off his quick feet to evade defenders, however it wasnt enough to overcome the force of the TSS pack.

ACGS vs BBC (21-5 BBC)
Churchie fought valiantly in this contest, but College proved to be too much for the slightly under-gunned Churchie line up. Featuring multiple professionally signed contracts, the Brisbane Boys College line-up was able to get the job done. Churchie's hooker Harrison Batkin excelled when it came to set piece.

NC vs GT (22-5 NC)
Didn't get to watch this game, however based off of previous games I know Nudgee are a well structured team and usually dominate the scrum and lineouts.

I give my apologies @Quick Tap Tony, and will refrain from using nicknames in the future.

- G.S
Saw that Epic Battle Between Rhymen Tusi (TGS) and George Swan (BGS) Hopefully we can see this battle next year in the 1s. These Boys are future household name.

footybaby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Like to Submit My Opens Team of the week. Thought it was ok to name all or any standout opens players. So apologies, and i tried to delete any inappropriate codenames i have seen.

To have 3 BGS players listed in a 47-12 loss is interesting? and I have never heard of a Jed Deacon

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)

Never heard of this Ryan "Flyby" Bash, could anyone else inform me of who this might be, classic (low IQ Schoolboys)

Breakdown bunny

Frank Row (1)

Really pleased to see Lucas Clifford in this. This kid from Nana Glen has been the hardest worker i’ve seen in the gps, got to see it in his debut performance. Something i noticed was that he has a bit of pace for someone his size, when he was constantly at breakdowns, arching his back and protecting the ball. BREAK DOWNS WINS YOU GAMES.

Ronald Cochrane

Frank Row (1)
Guan Syan, Thomas Wood has shown pure class in his debut season for the ACGS First XV. For a young buck, he sure holds his own and rips in week in week out. Interesting to watch how his GPS careers pans out.
Cheers, FG.
Hey Footy God,

I have to say after watching the mighty Tom Wood in his fearless performances for Churchie, I see very similar play style and intent that mighty young Arki "Big Teeth" Wackwitz shows in his performances thus far. Wackwitz's almighty efforts in the BGS 16A's throughout the first few rounds of the season have not gone unnoticed by QLD reds, Junior Rugby Australia and even catching eyes from various NRL scouts. Wackwitz and his teeth stand out like saw thumbs in his under 16 age group where he towers above the rest of the comp at an almighty 6'5 and apparently weighing in at over 105kgs of what looks to be pure muscle and teeth. His performances in these games been nothing short of outstanding, earning a position on the bench of the Struggling BGS First XV. Hopefully Big Teeth continues his form throughout the rest of the season where he may just be the player BGS first XV needed to keep them in the competition.

Cheers,
Ronald
(Ronny for short)

Breakdown bunny

Frank Row (1)

Yeah don’t see how these BGS players managed to make it into this list.

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
Really pleased to see Lucas Clifford in this. This kid from Nana Glen has been the hardest worker i’ve seen in the gps, got to see it in his debut performance. Something i noticed was that he has a bit of pace for someone his size, when he was constantly at breakdowns, arching his back and protecting the ball. BREAK DOWNS WINS YOU GAMES.
Really Noticed His Back arch and Prolly the best ive ever seen in a schoolboy. Really good into a Breakdown keeping a good BBC side competitive.

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey Footy God,

I have to say after watching the mighty Tom Wood in his fearless performances for Churchie, I see very similar play style and intent that mighty young Arki "Big Teeth" Wackwitz shows in his performances thus far. Wackwitz's almighty efforts in the BGS 16A's throughout the first few rounds of the season have not gone unnoticed by QLD reds, Junior Rugby Australia and even catching eyes from various NRL scouts. Wackwitz and his teeth stand out like saw thumbs in his under 16 age group where he towers above the rest of the comp at an almighty 6'5 and apparently weighing in at over 105kgs of what looks to be pure muscle and teeth. His performances in these games been nothing short of outstanding, earning a position on the bench of the Struggling BGS First XV. Hopefully Big Teeth continues his form throughout the rest of the season where he may just be the player BGS first XV needed to keep them in the competition.

Cheers,
Ronald
(Ronny for short)
Ron, great to see you in this forum, long time no see. This place needs someone with some elite rugby knowledge such as yourself. I'm an old boy and have great memories being lucky enough to play under your guidance. I must agree with your statements about young Wackwitz, a player with such great promise as he moves towards the next level.

- G.S

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
Really disappointing to see the Nudgees number 10, Charlie O’connell put the finger up towards the parent stands this weekend against GT. As a parent i can understand emotions rising in a game like “the battle of the colours”, but there’s no room for that in gps footy. Hopefully Nudgee closed the curtains at full time and had a word with him.
Agreed, a reason this great game is the 'Game Played in Heaven'

Breakdown bunny

Frank Row (1)

I find it funny how these schoolboys come up with nicknames for their mates. For instance Jed “The Joker” Deacon. Correct me if i’m wrong, but i know one Joker and he terrorizes Gotham, not playing for the BGS first team.

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey Footy God,

Cheers,
Ronald
(Ronny for short)
Hello sir. I am familiar with the great Ronny Cochrane who works at BGS. He was a large reason for the past success. However i do not believe this is the real Ron. Please do not come on her to impersonate. I also would ask you to refrain from making snarky comments about young schoolboy player appearances. I am not afraid to report.

-QTT

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)

Hello DB,

I checked the Xplorer and i believe that C. Cross (GT) played number 4 on the weekend, also regarding the BGS team unless they had an impact off the bench I do not recognise the names of the BGS 7,8, and 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.