• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thanks Guan Syun,

I have had the privilege to see Ricky Wang play this year at Ross Oval, and must say, the future looks promising. He has been on fire so far this season, and I believe with a stronger team surrounding him, he will be unstoppable. Must say, it is extremely pleasing to see Wang shine on Ross, even with the lopsided score line favoring Nudgee. I am electrified knowing that he has another season to show his worth with the BGS side. If he puts in the hard yards this coming preseason, I really believe we are in for something special in the 2025 season.

Cheers, FG.
Sounds like the BGS boys have just discovered the forum couple of frank rows

Quick_Tap_Tony

Sydney Middleton (9)
Blin6side’s Forwards and Backs of the round

Forward of the Round: Lucas ‘The Pitbull’ Clifford (BBC)

Clifford made his offical debut for the BBC 1st XV this week against ACGS. Wearing the number 3 on his back, Clifford was particularly impressive in both forms of set piece, with a dominant showcase when it came down to scrum time. Next round, Clifford will only be stronger due to the gained confidence from his victory on debut against a strong ACGS side. Furthermore, i’m very surprised why BBC have held this ‘Secret Weapon’ back so late in their campaign…

Back of the Round: Nick Conway (NC)

Nick Conway, a previous Queensland Reds u16 representative player, certainly turned up for this years annual battle of the colours. An electric winger who's got it all size, speed and a nasty step, that could tear apart almost every GPS’ Schools defensive line. Conway, received a bit of grief from the GT crowd, however, he kept his head down and went to work. Very keen to see if he can replicate this performance after this weeks bye round.

Back - Honourable Mentions: George ‘Jack Russel’ Hales (GT)

Not really much to say here rather than consistency. The Jack Russel is arguably one of the most consistent players in the Queensland GPS comp, delivering silky service week in and week out. Despite having a ‘Target’ on his back, Hales didn’t back down and still performed some gutsy snipes, that led to a few line breaks. His defensive effort against NC was extremely impressive, with a few ankle taps that stopped the NC Calvary in their tracks. Such a shame TGS missed out on the opportunity of poaching this Scrumhalf when he made the move from NZ in u12s…
Love to see the Pitbull on this list. Finally got his debut and grabbed it with two hands. Conway was electric as always. C. Godfrey (ACGS) deserved the HM much more in my opinion, scored a beautiful try vs The Pitbull and company.

-QTT

Guan Syun

Stan Wickham (3)

Clifford made his offical debut for the BBC 1st XV this week against ACGS. Wearing the number 3 on his back, Clifford was particularly impressive in both forms of set piece, with a dominant showcase when it came down to scrum time. Next round, Clifford will only be stronger due to the gained confidence from his victory on debut against a strong ACGS side. Furthermore, i’m very surprised why BBC have held this ‘Secret Weapon’ back so late in their campaign…

Nick Conway, a previous Queensland Reds u16 representative player, certainly turned up for this years annual battle of the colours. An electric winger who's got it all size, speed and a nasty step, that could tear apart almost every GPS’ Schools defensive line. Conway, received a bit of grief from the GT crowd, however, he kept his head down and went to work. Very keen to see if he can replicate this performance after this weeks bye round.

Not really much to say here rather than consistency. The Jack Russel is arguably one of the most consistent players in the Queensland GPS comp, delivering silky service week in and week out. Despite having a ‘Target’ on his back, Hales didn’t back down and still performed some gutsy snipes, that led to a few line breaks. His defensive effort against NC was extremely impressive, with a few ankle taps that stopped the NC Calvary in their tracks. Such a shame TGS missed out on the opportunity of poaching this Scrumhalf when he made the move from NZ in u12s…
Hey Blin6side,

Great list you have made here and have to agree that the Pitbull really drove that BBC pack forward. His set piece was brilliant and showed composure in such a big debut game. I would like to mention ACGS flanker Thomas Wood as an underrated player so far in the comp.
Conway was able to stay on his feet and create something out of nothing for NC. Kennedy (BGS) showed why he dominates in the track and field domain, a real speedster of the GPS.

Timmy_G6

Frank Row (1)
Yeah, sounds interesting, TM, might have to keep a keen eye out. Nice and soggy up here. The Fallon name has been popping around the grounds recently in the crowds every now and again. May have to dedicate a Saturday to see what's going on? Must admit though, Ricky Wang has been compared to the likes of Tino Fa'asuamaleaui!! Things are shaping up nicely in the GPS. Hopefully some talent filters through to the NRL. been absolutely soft this year.

FG.
Cheers Footy GOD,

I am currently employed as an NRL player manager from the Gold Coast Titans and can confirm that this young gun, Ricky "The Stud" Wang has had one-on-one training sessions with big Tino. We are looking to secure a two-year deal with young Wang. This kid is a true investment!

RazorRamon

Frank Nicholson (4)
Some interesting comments about Kingsley Uys for the week just gone. I think I’ve already made it clear already I don’t have any affiliation with TSS but I just have to say this again, what do you guys expect from the kid?
Not one tighthead has outdone him at scrum time this year in the competition, which is what props should be marked on initially. He had the State High tighthead on skates and in the air (I’m not being disrespectful either btw just stating facts) just like a lot of other tight heads in the comp, so what is so hype about that?

He carries well, makes his tackles and on top of that, can carry in open space and pass both ways. Tell me any other props who can run the back door ball Uys ran off his first receiver and who can then throw a 20 metre left to right pass after evading a defender at full tilt and hit his winger on the chest to score in the corner? Bar maybe young Harry Solofa from Churchie who runs very well in the wider channels I haven’t seen many others.

Sure, he has a few things he can work on in close quarters but who is a perfect version of themselves at year 11? We should be celebrating the kid and offering critiques on areas he can improve on but to call him hype? That just reeks of tall poppy syndrome.

Footy GOD

Bob McCowan (2)
Cheers Footy GOD,

I am currently employed as an NRL player manager from the Gold Coast Titans and can confirm that this young gun, Ricky "The Stud" Wang has had one-on-one training sessions with big Tino. We are looking to secure a two-year deal with young Wang. This kid is a true investment!
Thanks, Timmy G. Great to hear Ricky Wang is getting the recognition he deserves. Can't wait to see him at the Titans soon.
Cheers, FG.

Footy GOD

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey Blin6side,

Great list you have made here and have to agree that the Pitbull really drove that BBC pack forward. His set piece was brilliant and showed composure in such a big debut game. I would like to mention ACGS flanker Thomas Wood as an underrated player so far in the comp.
Conway was able to stay on his feet and create something out of nothing for NC. Kennedy (BGS) showed why he dominates in the track and field domain, a real speedster of the GPS.
Guan Syan, Thomas Wood has shown pure class in his debut season for the ACGS First XV. For a young buck, he sure holds his own and rips in week in week out. Interesting to watch how his GPS careers pans out.
Cheers, FG.

RazorRamon

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just catching up on the replays from the weekend.

Geez, GT are bloody brave! They are (IMO) 1 tight forward and 1 outside back away from being a force. Their back row trio are among the top trios in the comp. I would have to say young Hales at 9 is probably the form 9 in the comp and has been a pleasure to watch. Because he takes the line on those bigger forwards in close can never relax.
The Nudgee set piece does not get the wraps it deserves in my opinion. Just like Hales, I would have to say young Isaac Rauluni would have to be one of most consistent props in the comp and were it not for Uys and Grenfell who always get the headlines, Rauluni would be getting a lot more air time.

My next take, if you’re a forward in either the TSS or Churchie camps you’d deadset be pulling your hair out with the lackadaisical or in Churchie’s case, absolute refusal to kick the ball to either release pressure or consolidate. Churchie and TSS forwards create so many opportunities which just go to waste by not kicking, or wasteful or woeful kicking, it is bloody hard to watch. You can tell these squads have a lot of younger lads in the way they are not able to manage this side of the game.

You have to admire the balance in approach by the BBC, State High and NC outfits, they play good hard basic footy, they play in the right areas of the field which conserves energy and when they win opportunities up front, very rarely do they waste them out the back. Boakes (State High) bravo!! Kennedy (BBC) bravo!! O’Connell bravo!!!

Was very sad BGS was not able to get off the mark over the weekend but you could tell TGS were not gonna go home without that elusive victory on the weekend and certainly played like their lives depended on it.

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
Cheers Footy GOD,

Turn the (slang used by low IQ schoolboys)s off the storms can do all watering for now.

Footy GOD

Bob McCowan (2)
Turn the (slang used by low IQ schoolboys)s off the storms can do all watering for now.
Oracle, I don't understand your lunatic statement. The way you blabber with your "inside joke" rubbish is quite amusing. Only dribble in this forum is coming from your thread. Brisbane river flood watch is notified through the posting of your useless comment.
Cheers, FG.

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cheers Footy GOD,

Ik this is just a wind up but unless your name is Anthony Laffranchi or Scott Rollinson your not the manager for the Nrl Titans

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
Oracle, I don't understand your lunatic statement. The way you blabber with your "inside joke" rubbish is quite amusing. Only dribble in this forum is coming from your thread. Brisbane river flood watch is notified through the posting of your useless comment.
Cheers, FG.
You’ve been on this forum for two minutes and speak dribble mate, turn the tap off.

Donald Brick

Stan Wickham (3)
You’ve been on this forum for two minutes and speak dribble mate, turn the tap off.
Oracle Looking at the deeper and more implicit meaning footy god has some good input. We started somewhere don't shoot this useful contributor down.

This has been my GPS season in Brisbane since moving from Samoa and i have now seen every team. Some takes I've seen are that BSHS and NC are real forces to be reckoned with that BSHS number 8 has a huge future ahead of him. Another take is that BGS is an emerging team and they are too raw this season. After watching their performances against GT and ACGS and i think that after watching some of their u16 and u15 matches they may be a GPS juggernaut next season. Disclaimer i have not seen their other performances.

Really loving the footy down here hope its this exiting every year!

Footy GOD

Bob McCowan (2)
Oracle sorry for any misunderstandings between us. I would like to apologize. You seem to be a green and gold forums heavy weight and feel there are some valuable insights to be seen and shared. As you said, I have recently joined the forums and am loving the content thus far. I will turn the tap off but let's not start off the wrong foot. Appreciate the feedback.
Cheers, FG.

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
Oracle sorry for any misunderstandings between us. I would like to apologize. You seem to be a green and gold forums heavy weight and feel there are some valuable insights to be seen and shared. As you said, I have recently joined the forums and am loving the content thus far. I will turn the tap off but let's not start off the wrong foot. Appreciate the feedback.
Cheers, FG.
Thanks FG we move onward and upwards -

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)

Great Takes here - Clifford truely the epitome of hard work pays off. Good to see all his training worked out in the end. Secondly, I agree on Conway for NC, what a performance. Just noting I did have him down as anytime this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.