• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairlikegeorgesmith

Bob McCowan (2)
I have got 2 real talking points from this past weekend of footy:

a) Toowoomba Grammar's defence in the backline is extremely poor. There was zero connection between the 12 and 13 channel. Churchie repeated the same starter play for the entire game. A simple blind winger cuts out the 10 and passes to 12, then 13 runs a short line and 10 swings around the back of the blocker to shift straight away to 15, beating the jamming opposition winger. Now dont get me wrong, Churchie ran this play clinically every time. A real impressive showing from young gun Fletcher Austin returning for his second year of first XV footy. Him alongside Treyvon Pritchard were able to exploit a jamming 13 and 14 every time, leading to two full field tries for Pritchard. TGS have made several changes to their backs including the demotion of Reds U16 halfback Jack Brown, which was a massive shock to myself, and im sure many others. In order to win games they need to build cohesion within their unit and i think it is imperative they return to their team within the trial period, which looked deadly. I have also been dissapointed with flyhalf Ily, not sure what his last name is but he was a gun last year and has struggled heavily so far this year. Last weekend he kicked two touch finders over the dead ball line, resulting in a turnover which was costly for the Grammar School, falling short in the dying minutes.

b) Downlands College have some serious footy players. They took it to GT on the weekend, winning by a comfortable 33 points. GT rested their entire starting XV and gave some youngsters in the u16's a red hot crack, as well as the 2nd XV boys. Either way, i was most impressed by their captain (no.8), who ran a riot amongst the young bucks of GT. He has a huge frame whilst being athletic and hungry throughout the entire game. He showed great leadership and has one of the best offloads/tipping from a forward ive ever seen. He set up three of four tries and scored two meat pies himself. This kid is a freak of nature and could easily play at a high level within the GPS comp. I seriously believe that the O'callaghan cup could be heading back to Downlands this season.
Brown came on half way through second half and turned TGS around. Why was he dropped ? Coaches dropping core player stinks of desperation.

Daniel Koalins

Allen Oxlade (6)
I heard Princeton is back any chances he overthrows the starting props for the battle of the colours
and is Prestyn eyeing a return or is he out for the season
any Nudgee blokes got the inside info?
Thanks, Dan

I heard Princeton is back any chances he overthrows the starting props for the battle of the colours
and is Prestyn eyeing a return or is he out for the season
any Nudgee blokes got the inside info?
Thanks, Dan
Hey Mate
inside word is that Princeton played 3rds last week, but i would be surprised if he overtakes Slater or Raulini, who have been playing some great footy. Also Presytn is rumoured to be returning but yet again the centres (Welfare and Rohan) have been playing good footy and i think Presytn will be playing 2s this week and then getting a solid 15 minutes off the bench in the back half of the game, when the forwards get tired.

Brian O’Driscoll

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Mate
inside word is that Princeton played 3rds last week, but i would be surprised if he overtakes Slater or Raulini, who have been playing some great footy. Also Presytn is rumoured to be returning but yet again the centres (Welfare and Rohan) have been playing good footy and i think Presytn will be playing 2s this week and then getting a solid 15 minutes off the bench in the back half of the game, when the forwards get tired.
Word is that if Prestyn is fit he will start at 13. Max Rohan will find himself relegated back to the 2’s

The Bull

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey Mate
If Preston and Princeton can get on the field by the BBC and State High games that would be huge for Nudgee

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Alright mate i appreciate you trying to do this for me... But it is clear to anyone in this forum that the countdown is my job. I was inactive this weekend due to some wifi issues at my place out in Warwick. But i dont need you to do it for me. All of the respected members of this forum know the countdown is my job
This Happens mate - My brother works for the NBN and he mentioned he had to go out this morning to fix the AussieBroadband and ColesWifi Lines. Anyway, sorry to get off topic. Would Love to hear everyone's tips for this week.

Tgs v BGS T by 30
GT v NC. GT by 1
TSS v BSHS. TSS by 6
ACGS v BBC by 10
I like these predictions a lot. Boy oh boy would i love to see my GT brothers get a win on Saturday, they deserve it. I remember 2004 like it was yesterday, i was in grade 11 and i had never seen a school get around a footy game like they did that year. I reckon they are up to the task this year.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
why is bshs pinned as the underdog once again? When will the forum learn
LOVE THIS TAKE. No one ever seems to pick BSHS but week in and week out the prove themselves as premiership contenders. With Roman staying (as far as I know), i'd say its nearly impossible to not pick BSHS as winners this weekend.

Last edited:

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Is Roman in for the season?
I am not sure, but I believe he has returned from Tasmania and he played a half of seconds as he was not in training during the week, and then played most of the game in the firsts? I am fairly certain he will back up this week but I am not certain about any of this unfortunately. People with connections at BSHS do you have any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.