• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmmitRugby

Frank Row (1)
I Believe this could be some sort of troll post, but I'm not sure. Where is the likes of Russell, McGahan (J&S), Clifford, Hales. These are the Terrace players I have seen on the TOTW lists and none appear here. Apologies if I am incorrect but please explain @OmmitRugby
Regards,
TheRugbyCyclist
Afternoon Rugby Cyclist,

No intention of spreading false information, simply circulating what I've been told. I do believe the Mcgahan boys will slot in as well as the likes as Nasser, Wines, Weir etc. I'm far from causing any conflict but I'm sure you can agree Rugby Cyclist your not always on the mark either! (joke). The GT boys look lethal in the backs however I do see Nudgee brewing what the boys like to call '45'.
Anyways apologies for the confusion,

Cheers
OmmitRugby

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Afternoon Rugby Cyclist,

No intention of spreading false information, simply circulating what I've been told. I do believe the Mcgahan boys will slot in as well as the likes as Nasser, Wines, Weir etc. I'm far from causing any conflict but I'm sure you can agree Rugby Cyclist your not always on the mark either! (joke). The GT boys look lethal in the backs however I do see Nudgee brewing what the boys like to call '45'.
Anyways apologies for the confusion,

Cheers
OmmitRugby
Confused on how they will slot in if not on the team list? The team list you have may be the team playing downlands this week as I believe they are not playing a full XV this weekend. Mabye you have been given false information? Anyway, if the NC boys have to play a brand new team I think we would have a cricket score on our hands.

Dcarter

Banned
Confused on how they will slot in if not on the team list? The team list you have may be the team playing downlands this week as I believe they are not playing a full XV this weekend. Mabye you have been given false information? Anyway, if the NC boys have to play a brand new team I think we would have a cricket score on our hands.
Afternoon rugby cyclist,

I think we Will see a cricket score anyway. TSS pumped GT and NC put 50 on TSS. Also GT probably should have gotten beaten by BGS as they were helped up 3 times. And as we know BGS haven’t won a game since Jesus was born. GT program is light years behind, this has been a constant matter of discussion by current GT parents. Anyway I guess GT can always hope, but based on stats they will get beaten again. And that will be a common theme amongst 95% of there teams.

The Bull

Frank Nicholson (4)
GT always put up a Herculean effort against Nudgee. It’s there GF no matter where they are on the ladder.the TSS game was an anomaly for Nudgee,everything went right for them.
GT will put up the fight of their lives.
Nudgee might be a little complacent

Dcarter

Banned
GT always put up a Herculean effort against Nudgee. It’s there GF no matter where they are on the ladder.the TSS game was an anomaly for Nudgee,everything went right for them.
GT will put up the fight of their lives.
Nudgee might be a little complacent
Fair call the bull, but winning 2 years out of 30 paints a different picture. But I respect what you’re saying. Will be interesting to see how they handle the return of Nudgees best player from injury for GT game.

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
Absolutely appalling coverage once again by GPS rugby live streaming. State High get the penalty after the bell to potentially win the match against Ipswich and they cut the coverage before the end of the game. Rugby Australia once again not able to execute the very basics. It’s depressing how poor rugby organisations are across the board.

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
I think the refereeing was the issue at this match i.e. an anomaly. Its the only game incl. of the trials where they have had this issue and NC didn't change anything about their discipline during the Churchie match. The amount of times the referee put his hand out when Nudgee were in an attacking position on Churchie's line must have been almost every time. Its odd as its usually the team defending their line valiantly who are incentivised to disrupt the ruck or maul by pushing the boundaries rather than the attacking team. Their discipline is in very good order, in fact its their strong point as they manage to grind out the tough games incl defeating Christchurch from New Zealand, Barker from Sydney, Ipswich Grammar, TSS...and oh...Churchie. If they keep their strong discipline this will help them grind out those come from behind second half wins.
It was good to see the refereeing return to sanity today with Nudgee’s attacking line being awarded the majority of the penalties as the attacking team. This was consistent at the State High v Ipswich game I watched on the live feed where the attacking team was also awarded most of the penalties at the breakdown. As mentioned last week, it was very odd that Churchie was awarded most of the penalties on their line against an attacking team at the breakdown, but as expected, this was just an anomaly and it’s hard to explain to a long term rugby observer why the complete opposite would be the case. That game should be reviewed and to me, the decision making seemed so obviously incorrect, so consistently incorrect. Good to see sanity restored after the insane penalising of the dominant and disciplined forward pack at the breakdown which allowed Nudgee to finish off their tries against Grammar.

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
It was good to see the refereeing return to sanity today with Nudgee’s attacking line being awarded the majority of the penalties as the attacking team. This was consistent at the State High v Ipswich game I watched on the live feed where the attacking team was also awarded most of the penalties at the breakdown. As mentioned last week, it was very odd that Churchie was awarded most of the penalties on their line against an attacking team at the breakdown, but as expected, this was just an anomaly and it’s hard to explain to a long term rugby observer why the complete opposite would be the case. That game should be reviewed and to me, the decision making seemed so obviously incorrect, so consistently incorrect. Good to see sanity restored after the insane penalising of the dominant and disciplined forward pack at the breakdown which allowed Nudgee to finish off their tries against Gram
I thought Grammar was competitive to half time and Nudgee struggled until the second half to put them away , when the flood gates opened as expected - Maybe the penalties help. BGS are at least trying to improve and each week they get a little better.

I have a drinking game - watch ACGS V TGS and drink at each penalty. You however won't hear anything from those schools as they are taught not to look for excuses.

IGS V Bshs looks to have been a real ding dong. IGS were able to match the physicality and unlucky not to get the win. BSHS did well to get over the line and remain premiership favourites.

BBC used home ground advantage to good effect and took down TSS.

Dcarter

Banned
I thought Grammar was competitive to half time and Nudgee struggled until the second half to put them away , when the flood gates opened as expected - Maybe the penalties help. BGS are at least trying to improve and each week they get a little better.

I have a drinking game - watch ACGS V TGS and drink at each penalty. You however won't hear anything from those schools as they are taught not to look for excuses.

IGS V Bshs looks to have been a real ding dong. IGS were able to match the physicality and unlucky not to get the win. BSHS did well to get over the line and remain premiership favourites.

Headbin

Stan Wickham (3)
Next week is shaping up to be excellent round of Rugby.

TGS V BGS - t'bar finished hard this afternoon in some aggressive up tempo rugby, against Churchie but Churchie looked fully in control most of the game until they went sleep in the dying minutes. TGS has some good cattle and will beat the Light , The Dark of BGS despite BGS obvious efforts- they are on the improve.

Churchie v BBC at Main Oval East Brisbane could be the advantage , although BBC is starting to find form and I predict a win for the Black and Green so long as TSS has not taken too much petrol out of the Tank. As Nudgee found out, Churchie is a team not to be taken lightly this year but I see BBC still with points to be made .

Bshs v TSS - Not sure how BSHS travels but TSS like IGS to take the physical game to match BSHS, but this BSHS TEAM is proving to have something we don't see from recent BSHS teams and that is a bit of Grit.

Finally NC v GT. With Nudgee declaring publicly they really needed 16 Men to beat Churchie last week and only had 15, and a decisive victory against reining wooden spooners BGS this afternoon, they could not have had a better preparation. GT also had a deserved win against Churchie with just 15 men and have had a week off. It is now time for GT to put up or shut up. They have squawked that this team is the real deal. I contend that if Nudgee continue to lack respect for opponents , GT could pull off a win, then GT deserve to be stamped "The Real Deal". If however GT lose I put them Bottom 3 by the end of the season. For the sake of making it an interesting season my heart says GT by a conversion but my head say Nudgee by 5.

Last edited:

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)

There are no excuses required when you win and if beating every team, at least two out of four matches by over a half century, and each day have a win count across alll grades between 92% and 100%, then I guess they should win by smaller margins to evidence that respect. The same goes for having a dominant forward pack that is consistently disciplined and moving forward but rewarding the team that is going backwards and sitting on its own line. As said, the refereeing at the Nudgee Churchie match was an unfortunate anomaly where the pack going backwards was rewarded however the positive play that sees this Nudgee team beat New Zealand’s top rugby school, Sydney’s top rugby team and every team so far, is penalised. People wonder why Australian rugby is in such bad shape.

I think two teams stand in Nudgee’s path to 45 now; BBC and State High. Terrace will give it their all as they always do and with the support of arguably the most parochial supporters, but with Nudgee having been under strength against Churchie and Grammar, and now Nudgee’s stars are returning as of next week, including their chief playmaker, Nudgee will be too strong. BBC are really building into this season and I think they’re the dark horse this season and could knock Nudgee off if Nudgee takes their foot off the throat of this Premiership. Having said that, their consistency through the season and pre-season should get them across the line albeit BBC took them out in the pre-season so have some pre-game bragging rights leading into the match.

Last edited:

Oracle83

Vay Wilson (31)
There are no excuses required when you win and if beating every team, at least two out of four matches by over a half century, and each day have a win count across alll grades between 92% and 100%, then I guess they should win by smaller margins to evidence that respect. The same goes for having a dominant forward pack that is consistently disciplined and moving forward but rewarding the team that is going backwards and sitting on its own line. As said, the refereeing at the Nudgee Churchie match was an unfortunate anomaly where the pack going backwards was rewarded however the positive play that sees this Nudgee team beat New Zealand’s top rugby school, Sydney’s top rugby team and every team so far, is penalised. People wonder why Australian rugby is in such bad shape.

I think two teams stand in Nudgee’s path to 45 now; BBC and State High. Terrace will give it their all as they always do and with the support of arguably the most parochial supporters, but with Nudgee having been under strength against Churchie and Grammar, and now Nudgee’s stars are returning as of next week, including their chief playmaker, Nudgee will be too strong. BBC are really building into this season and I think they’re the dark horse this season and could knock Nudgee off if Nudgee takes their foot off the throat off the season. Having said that, their consistency through the season and pre-season should get them across the line albeit BBC took them out in the pre-season.
Sorry but I really have to disagree - I saw BBC trial against NC where they played at a better level and better style of rugby than they have for their first 3 games in the season.

For mine they are no chance against NC if they continue current form of relaxing after every try - it’s a habit they’ve demonstrated against all three teams so far.

Plus they’re too predictably trained to play via forwards and rarely use inside 3 and talented wide backs - for mine they are at their most dangerous when they play quick and spread it wide. They don’t leverage off Howarth n DJ, unless they get a few more key players back in time for NC and have a less predictable game they are no show vs NC.

To date most of their points come from attacking line outs - that won’t work as much vs NC as they will be better drilled.

Putting it out there I am an old boy and believe they have a shot at another shared title but to be truthful they are fortunate at this stage to be 2/3 not 0/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.