• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC0
3. Charlie Hollyman (GT)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Matt Schiebel (IGS)
6. Tom Wood (Churhcie)
7. Will Devine (GT)
8. Dyer Akauola (BGS)
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
10.Dallas Ingram (TSS)
11. Will Bloxham (Churchie)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Tai Taka (BBC)
14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)
15. Dylan Terblanche (TSS)

Thoughts?
My opinion Joe Mchgahn (GT) number 15, should have been placed on here
Agree Here - he had a great game.

RuckTickler45

Frank Row (1)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC0
3. Charlie Hollyman (GT)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Matt Schiebel (IGS)
6. Tom Wood (Churhcie)
7. Will Devine (GT)
8. Dyer Akauola (BGS)
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
10.Dallas Ingram (TSS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Tai Taka (BBC)
14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)

Thoughts?
Can anyone give me the run down on Barry Smith?

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Can anyone give me the run down on Barry Smith?
BGS Starting prop - I believe on scholarship. He runs the ball hard and fast, like a ballerina's legs in the air performing a pirouette. He also provided a much needed energy boost in the grammar scrum, helping them compete against terrace. He seemed to take the most hit-ups out of any forward for BGS, as well as being a main piece for their 5 man lineout.

backfencewarrior

Frank Row (1)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC0
3. Charlie Hollyman (GT)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Matt Schiebel (IGS)
6. Tom Wood (Churhcie)
7. Will Devine (GT)
8. Dyer Akauola (BGS)
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
10.Dallas Ingram (TSS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Tai Taka (BBC)
14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)

Thoughts?
Hugh reliance unlucky to miss out thought he had a great game.

RuckTickler45

Frank Row (1)
BGS Starting prop - I believe on scholarship. He runs the ball hard and fast, like a ballerina's legs in the air performing a pirouette. He also provided a much needed energy boost in the grammar scrum, helping them compete against terrace. He seemed to take the most hit-ups out of any forward for BGS, as well as being a main piece for their 5 man lineout.
Let's hope he can continue that twinkle toed form coming into Nudgee Round this week.

Sofit

Stan Wickham (3)
Predictions and comments for the next round:

Brisbane's top state school v Qld's 1st Grammar school: A very close game and if its blowing a gale again, I'd favour State High with those big inside backs and tough forward pack. State school by 7

Nudgee Rugby School v Brisbane Grammar School: Of course a BGS win is not a topic of discussion but they will provide Nudgee with some solid exam preparation and Nudgee needs to sharpen up their rugby pencil before they take on BBC, Terrace and State High e.g. the line out (Nudgee's throw) and their variation in attack when under defensive pressure. No less than 50 points to Nudgee which will be one of the lowest margins on the day between these two schools.

BBC v Southport: I agree this is the match of the round and correspondingly the toughest one to predict. I'm hearing "Flower of Scotland" in my head and I think BBC might just defend their Toowong Highland position from the coastal flank. The game will be brutal and ugly but I think this will put BBC into premiership contention if they can grind this one out and hold the fort.

Church School v Toowoomba: I think after watching Churchie outplay Nudgee in many areas of the game last weekend, and the lack of wins so far for the school on the range, I can't see any other outcome here than a win to Churchie, particularly if their number 15 gets his hands on the ball a lot. Churchie by 12 points.

Terrace: The weekend off for gaming and Nintendo.

I believe Downlands will beat Gregory Terrace by 14+ out at Tennyson this weekend. GT are playing their seconds due to the importance of the upcoming NC game in round 5. If they were to injure a key player (Nasser, Poese) in this bye fixture it would be deeply regretted throughout the whole program. Downlands have a decent side, and who knows maybe they could take down TGS at home this year.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
I believe Downlands will beat Gregory Terrace by 14+ out at Tennyson this weekend. GT are playing their seconds due to the importance of the upcoming NC game in round 5. If they were to injure a key player (Nasser, Poese) in this bye fixture it would be deeply regretted throughout the whole program. Downlands have a decent side, and who knows maybe they could take down TGS at home this year.
Hello, and Goodmorning.

I believe this is an interesting take, as the likely team that will take on Downlands will comprise of mainly boys from the Second XV. Through my watch of the Seconds comp this year, Terrace have been one of the best teams around, only losing one game against TSS (by 1), throughout the season. My Contacts say they are looking lethal, as they look to put one hand on the premiership, and if they are able to compete in their own comp I believe they will be able to put up a strong fight against Downlands, as their firsts don't quite compare to GPS level.

TheRugbyCyclist

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone have game of the round predictions
Below is Copied and Pasted my pick for 'GOTR', from my weekly tips.

After a close win against Ipswich for BBC, I see this game coming down to the wire, especially after TSS had a strong win against the boys from the range. This game will come down to the wire with BBC's strong depth, in the backs such as Howarth, Taka, etc, as well as TSS with the likes of Goldie and Uys being standouts. If you ask me, late game forward work will be the deciding factor, with BBC looking for inspiration on their bench through the likes of Lucas Clifford to get them over the line.
Final Score - 26-22 TSS

LawsonCreightonFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Any talk out of the TGS camp leading into this week, for such a highly touted team this season really doesn't seem to be going in the right direction, I get they've had some hard games to start the season but you have to be looking at making some changes leading into round 4 as, if they don't start to pick up form quite quickly this season could go quite wayward for the boys up the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.