• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

FTF

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very fair assessment and lines up with what I saw. Nudgee were deserved winners but who doesn’t like a close game?

Interception trys do count still and adds to the ill discipline . Why throw the pass? More for the coaches to look at next week.

I agree , Churchie showed more fight than previous games, but also showed they can compete at the top level. I totally agree that a kick for the corner to back themselves instead of a kick for goal made more sense and a more aggressive approach may have put Nudgee under even more pressure. ACGS were obviously trying to take any points on offer as a mark of respect for who they were playing but it backfired. Nudgee may not have reciprocated that respect thinking they could score at will like the TSS game ( but they couldn’t )hence the close score line.

I will also pick up the point that Nudgees set piece and go to “line out” to driving maul , failed time and time again and the final try in the corner was not pretty but got them home. The Churchie pack was out muscled and jumped but their counter defence strategy and determination in the tackles to neutralise these Nudgee weapons was outstanding and a new experience to Nudgee. Nudgee was completely outplayed in this area and their frustrations showed. They couldn’t break down the defensive line with their set piece. Wtf? Churchie therefore won the forwards battle with their loose forwards beating Nc to the breakdown time and time again.

I cant help but think , Nudgee were lucky to get away with this one, but Churchies attack was too timid. Churchie could have easily have stolen it in the final minutes with some razzle dazzle try but they didn’t and the result stands with a W for Nudgee.

Still The fact is Nudgee couldn't ice Churchie like they did to TSS , and that will have them thinking as to what it all means. This game will have them psychologically confused about their abilities to handle a team like BSHS.

On the other hand BSHS BBC and the others will be rolling the replays tomorrow on this game, grateful to have been given insight into the” keys to victory “. It will be up to Nudgee to check the locks to ensure they dont get in, and steal the premiership silverware.
NC will have O’Connell, Welfare and Laine-Setu back in the next couple of weeks.

FTF

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi All - First time poster here, wanting to keep things strictly Footy.

Alas, here are my predictions for round 4

Nudgee Vs BGS
With a close game against churchie last week, with Nudge just scraping on top, and Grammar narrowly going down against the boys in red and black, I'm predcting a closer score than most. Nudgee at home will prevail too strong, with the return of O'Conell and a much stronger forward pack, I see Nudgee taking this one, but Grammar putting up a few tries with a team looking to compete this year.
FINAL SCORE - 37-18 (NC)

TGS vs ACGS
The boys from the range travel back to their mountain this week, after a tough loss against TSS. With ACGS having a close game against Nudgee last week and looking extremely strong, I see the likes of Pritchard, Blanch and Sio taking the win against a Toowomba side looking for inspiration in a close match
FINAL SCORE - 22-19 ( ACGS)

BBC vs TSS - GAME OF THE ROUND
After a close win against Ipswich for BBC, I see this game coming down to the wire, especially after TSS had a strong win against the boys from the range. This game will come down to the wire with BBC's strong depth, in the backs such as Howarth, Taka, etc, as well as TSS with the likes of Goldie and Uys being standouts. If you ask me, late game forward work will be the deciding factor, with BBC looking for inspiration on their bench through the likes of Lucas Clifford to get them over the line.
Final Score - 26-22 TSS

BSHS vs IGS
BSHS have been rampant this season, however without the likes of roman siulepa during this part of the season, it will get harder for them. However, I still see them running undefeated until the likes of TSS and Nudgee.
Final Score - 37-12 BSHS

GT vs Downlands
Heard around the grounds that terrace plan to rest their starting XV this week, to prevent any niggles or injuries before the fabled battle of the colours. However, with an injury stricken camp, the team they put up to play downlands will have to play hard and fast to come up with a win.
Final Score - 22-20 GT
O’Connell isn’t back until GT round which I believe is round 5

backfencewarrior

Bob McCowan (2)
9's- George Hales, Tom Goldy, Stan Keats
10's- Charlie Bird, Charlie O'Connell, Fletcher Austin
12's- Frank Howarth, Max Blanch, Carter Welfare
13's- Max Rohan, James Grey, Saia Poese
Wingers- Ethan Grimshaw, DJ Colivavu(Injured), Brock Coombes
15's- Trevon Pritchard, Jacob Johnson, Charlie Bird(when at fullback)
i'm not sure how I feel about Stan Keats considering that he has lost his starting spot behind Issac kefu now who seems to fit well in the bbc system.

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC0
3. Charlie Hollyman (GT)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Matt Schiebel (IGS)
6. Tom Wood (Churhcie)
7. Will Devine (GT)
8. Dyer Akauola (BGS)
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
10.Dallas Ingram (TSS)
11. Will Bloxham (Churchie)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Tai Taka (BBC)
14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)
15. Dylan Terblanche (TSS)

Thoughts?
My opinion Joe Mchgahn (GT) number 15, should have been placed on here

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC0
3. Charlie Hollyman (GT)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Matt Schiebel (IGS)
6. Tom Wood (Churhcie)
7. Will Devine (GT)
8. Dyer Akauola (BGS)
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
10.Dallas Ingram (TSS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Tai Taka (BBC)
14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)

Thoughts?
Agree Here - he had a great game.

RuckTickler45

Bob McCowan (2)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC0
3. Charlie Hollyman (GT)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Matt Schiebel (IGS)
6. Tom Wood (Churhcie)
7. Will Devine (GT)
8. Dyer Akauola (BGS)
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
10.Dallas Ingram (TSS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Tai Taka (BBC)
14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)

Thoughts?
Can anyone give me the run down on Barry Smith?

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
Can anyone give me the run down on Barry Smith?
BGS Starting prop - I believe on scholarship. He runs the ball hard and fast, like a ballerina's legs in the air performing a pirouette. He also provided a much needed energy boost in the grammar scrum, helping them compete against terrace. He seemed to take the most hit-ups out of any forward for BGS, as well as being a main piece for their 5 man lineout.

backfencewarrior

Bob McCowan (2)
Courier Mail TOTW
1. Barry Smith (BGS)
2. John Grenfell (NC0
3. Charlie Hollyman (GT)
4. Ed Kasprowicz (NC)
5. Matt Schiebel (IGS)
6. Tom Wood (Churhcie)
7. Will Devine (GT)
8. Dyer Akauola (BGS)
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
10.Dallas Ingram (TSS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Tai Taka (BBC)
14. Amaziah Murgha (IGS)

Thoughts?
Hugh reliance unlucky to miss out thought he had a great game.

RuckTickler45

Bob McCowan (2)
BGS Starting prop - I believe on scholarship. He runs the ball hard and fast, like a ballerina's legs in the air performing a pirouette. He also provided a much needed energy boost in the grammar scrum, helping them compete against terrace. He seemed to take the most hit-ups out of any forward for BGS, as well as being a main piece for their 5 man lineout.
Let's hope he can continue that twinkle toed form coming into Nudgee Round this week.

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
Predictions and comments for the next round:

Brisbane's top state school v Qld's 1st Grammar school: A very close game and if its blowing a gale again, I'd favour State High with those big inside backs and tough forward pack. State school by 7

Nudgee Rugby School v Brisbane Grammar School: Of course a BGS win is not a topic of discussion but they will provide Nudgee with some solid exam preparation and Nudgee needs to sharpen up their rugby pencil before they take on BBC, Terrace and State High e.g. the line out (Nudgee's throw) and their variation in attack when under defensive pressure. No less than 50 points to Nudgee which will be one of the lowest margins on the day between these two schools.

BBC v Southport: I agree this is the match of the round and correspondingly the toughest one to predict. I'm hearing "Flower of Scotland" in my head and I think BBC might just defend their Toowong Highland position from the coastal flank. The game will be brutal and ugly but I think this will put BBC into premiership contention if they can grind this one out and hold the fort.

Church School v Toowoomba: I think after watching Churchie outplay Nudgee in many areas of the game last weekend, and the lack of wins so far for the school on the range, I can't see any other outcome here than a win to Churchie, particularly if their number 15 gets his hands on the ball a lot. Churchie by 12 points.

Terrace: The weekend off for gaming and Nintendo.