• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Trying to move away from current topics on the forum, on to something more serious…

We can all agree something needs to happen with Queensland Rugby Union. And I believe something that could shift this change in to the positive direction (Not completely fix), would be the change of QLD GPS season set up. In particular, the change to a home, and away comp. Meaning each team would play each other twice in the year both home, and away. This would make the comp 16 rounds, rather than 8. Obviously, this would cause for the need of a shift in the start of the QLD GPS season, most likely to the beginning of term 2 to avoid disruption in Year 12 external exams. This would also allow for a mid season break (End of term 2 holidays), for teams to reconsider game strategies, and line ups. Let me know what you think…

Cheers,
TheGPSBloke.

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Herbert Moran (7)
Trying to move away from current topics on the forum, on to something more serious…

We can all agree something needs to happen with Queensland Rugby Union. And I believe something that could shift this change in to the positive direction (Not completely fix), would be the change of QLD GPS season set up. In particular, the change to a home, and away comp. Meaning each team would play each other twice in the year both home, and away. This would make the comp 16 rounds, rather than 8. Obviously, this would cause for the need of a shift in the start of the QLD GPS season, most likely to the beginning of term 2 to avoid disruption in Year 12 external exams. This would also allow for a mid season break (End of term 2 holidays), for teams to reconsider game strategies, and line ups. Let me know what you think…

Cheers,
TheGPSBloke.
Totally agree, move soccer and let a real sport play.

THEHAMMERLOVER

Bob McCowan (2)

Cheers,
TheGPSBloke.
Hey all,

@TheGPSBloke, I am in favour of this change. I believe this is the system in place down in the AAGPS competition, just south of the border in Sydney, and it has been made clear how this format can produce quality players. Not only would this expose the longevity and consistency with school programs, but this would also show scouts and rugby enthusiasts who the real players are, as only those who take the game of rugby seriously, would last an entire 16 round season, and not only just play footy, but play good footy. Really appreciate this comment.

Kind Regards,
TheHammerLover

footybaby

Sydney Middleton (9)

Cheers,
TheGPSBloke.
Would love this, no disrespect to the other sports in the GPS but nothing come's close to Rugby

Anybody see NG rugby's Instagram post ranking the top 50 schoolboy players from around the world. 7 current AAGPS players were on the list and only 2 QLD GPS players. They were;

AAGPS QLD GPS
41. Rex Bassingthwaighte (E)
40. Marshall Le Maitre (E)
24. Onitoni Large (S)
20. Leo Jaques (S)
19. Hemasi Makasini (N)
14. Toby Brial (S)
8. Heinz Lemoto (S)

QLD GPS
27. Prestyn Lainiesetu (NC)
18. Roman Siulepa (BSHS)

Full List Here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C9u_7KVoeqV/?hl=en&img_index=4

footybaby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anybody see NG rugby's Instagram post ranking the top 50 schoolboy players from around the world. 7 current AAGPS players were on the list and only 2 QLD GPS players. They were;

AAGPS QLD GPS
41. Rex Bassingthwaighte (E)
40. Marshall Le Maitre (E)
24. Onitoni Large (S)
20. Leo Jaques (S)
19. Hemasi Makasini (N)
14. Toby Brial (S)
8. Heinz Lemoto (S)

QLD GPS
27. Prestyn Lainiesetu (NC)
18. Roman Siulepa (BSHS)

Full List Here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C9u_7KVoeqV/?hl=en&img_index=4
Where is Kiama Jione the Au number 8

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Row (1)
Not necessarily, mate. Soccer and Rugby Union can co-exist together. Most boys who play a high level of Soccer do not compete in a high level of Rugby as well. Due mainly to various 1st and 2nds soccer players having club football commitments that run across almost the whole year.
How good would it be for a home and away season! It would allow for teams that have had a slow start (TGS) the opportunity to go up against the same team that bettered them for some redemption. The big concern with this however is a potential lack of playing fields if both soccer and union are played at the same time.

How good would it be for a home and away season! It would allow for teams that have had a slow start (TGS) the opportunity to go up against the same team that bettered them for some redemption. The big concern with this however is a potential lack of playing fields if both soccer and union are played at the same time.
True, maybe if for example Terrace were playing Churchie in soccer and rugby. The Soccer boys would be at GT, and the Rugby boys would be at Churchie.