• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Larry Dwyer (12)
Best Fullbacks so far? Would love to hear opinions from all.
Round 1: Treyvon Pritchard - Elegantly glided through the grammar kick chase, converted his own try, hit two penalty goals and had some spectacular high floating kick offs
Round 2: Jacob Johnson - Carved up the lazy TSS defensive line in both broken play and set piece. Laid down a great platform for the forwards to control the game

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
Round 1: Treyvon Pritchard - Elegantly glided through the grammar kick chase, converted his own try, hit two penalty goals and had some spectacular high floating kick offs
Round 2: Jacob Johnson - Carved up the lazy TSS defensive line in both broken play and set piece. Laid down a great platform for the forwards to control the game
I still need an answer to my question is Jacob Johnston a dominant fullback or does he just do ridiculous try celebrations after going over the white line?

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Larry Dwyer (12)
I still need an answer to my question is Jacob Johnston a dominant fullback or does he just do ridiculous try celebrations after going over the white line?
Look im not gonna call him dominant. He is inconsistent. He has his moments.

If i have to do a top 5 fullbacks list this would be it (based off of entire playing careers and achievments as well as current form):
1. Treyvon Pritchard (GT)
2. Jacob Johnson (NC)
3. Trace Beattie (TGS)
4. Angus Tagicakibau (BSHS)
5. Joe Mcgahan (GT)

Scrum Doctor4300

Frank Row (1)
TSS VS NC. What a result!!!! Don't think anyone would have anticipated NC winning by 45 points making a big statement to the competition on their home turf (Ross oval). However it wasn't all bad for TSS starting the game well and were well and truly in the contest for the first 35. With their set piece still being their strike weapon especially their scrum arguably the best in the GPS thus far. Will be interesting to see how this TSS pack goes against a battle hardened TGS side coming off two deflating loses. Will be a cracker down at the village green. MOTM would have to be Dallas Ingram for this match up just think his game management and clearance kicks are simply exceptional this young 10 will be one to watch.

HarrytheImposter

Frank Nicholson (4)

If i have to do a top 5 fullbacks list this would be it (based off of entire playing careers and achievments as well as current form):
2. Jacob Johnson (NC)
3. Trace Beattie (TGS)
5. Joe Mcgahan (GT)
Treyvon Pritchard is ACGS I believe

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)

2. Jacob Johnson (NC)
3. Trace Beattie (TGS)
5. Joe Mcgahan (GT)
When did Treyvon come to Gregory Terrace LOL

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Larry Dwyer (12)
TSS VS NC. What a result!!!! Don't think anyone would have anticipated NC winning by 45 points making a big statement to the competition on their home turf (Ross oval). However it wasn't all bad for TSS starting the game well and were well and truly in the contest for the first 35. With their set piece still being their strike weapon especially their scrum arguably the best in the GPS thus far. Will be interesting to see how this TSS pack goes against a battle hardened TGS side coming off two deflating loses. Will be a cracker down at the village green. MOTM would have to be Dallas Ingram for this match up just think his game management and clearance kicks are simply exceptional this young 10 will be one to watch.
My man of the match has got to be Joey Gray. PILFER KING!
He is about to go off against a slow and lazy TSS team. TGS BY 10

Quick_Tap_Tony

Jimmy Flynn (14)
1. Nick Weir (C)
2. Charlie Hollyman
3. Alec Weir
4. Will Devine
5. Jack Hogan
6. Nate Wines
7. Archie Illiot
8. Ollie ‘The Mongruel Dog’ Nasser
9. George Hales
10. Sam Mcghan
11. Joey ‘Hard Hitter’ Grice (VC)
12. Franck Iragucha
13. Connor Clifford
14. George Joesph
15. Harry ‘Blackeye’ Jackson
Gregory Terrace is heard to be doing a 7-1 split on the bench this year
16. Xavier Coorey
17. Cody Harkins
18. Iona Nona
19. Tristan Moyes
20. Charlie ‘The Titan’ Greives - Cousins with the great Xavier Stiles
21. Rupert Mcgrath
22. Oscar Condron
23. Will Dennis (Utility for Backline)
I’m interested to see how this team will face up against the great TGS. Will also release a round 1 team list as soon as possible.

Anyone Know where; Nick Weir and Joe Grice are. Both predicted to be Captains of the Terrace 1XV and are know where to be seen in the 1st or 2nd's team list. Was it just there mate writing this for a laugh or were they supposed to be there but they just had a bad injury.

-QTT

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Larry Dwyer (12)
Haven’t got a full team list for GT in season, however these are a few names that the current kings of the hill are playing in there trial against Toowoomba Grammar School.

Anyone Know where; Nick Weir and Joe Grice are. Both predicted to be Captains of the Terrace 1XV and are know where to be seen in the 1st or 2nd's team list. Was it just there mate writing this for a laugh or were they supposed to be there but they just had a bad injury.

-QTT
Nick weir - Partial ACL tear although he has been spotted making his way around town without crutches on
Joe 'Grimace Grice - Currently stuck in the under 16s side which is struggling greatly. He is a consistent and lengthy lock forward who could easily break into the starting team soon enough

tikkamungrel_3000

Chris McKivat (8)

2. Jacob Johnson (NC)
3. Trace Beattie (TGS)
5. Joe Mcgahan (GT)
Love this Whacko,
An underrated pick here would be Hemi Rakuita haling from western Ipswich. I believe he has provided solid defence and spark in attack when in combination with Murgah and Walker off the set piece.

The Blin6side

Darby Loudon (17)
Nick weir - Partial ACL tear although he has been spotted making his way around town without crutches on
Joe 'Grimace Grice - Currently stuck in the under 16s side which is struggling greatly. He is a consistent and lengthy lock forward who could easily break into the starting team soon enough
Joey Grice deserves a run off the bench for GT atleast. Especially, against the old foe NC. Looking back on this list where is the Titan, I am aware he is cousins with the great Xavier Stiles, when will he get a run on?