• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

HarryHits

Frank Row (1)
Good day at Nudgee. NC a little slow and scrappy in the first half. But dominated in the second. Was looking forward to seeing Kingsley and seeing how good he is suppose to be. Very quiet out there and minimal impact.

Hairlikegeorgesmith

Frank Row (1)
I think it is clear now. Where BBC went wrong was not holding onto the Kefu brothers. With all the resources BBC have, and State High don’t have, it became purely about the quality of coaching. The Kefu’s totally outclassed the BBC coaching team. As a State High supporter, I’m glad you let them go. I’ve also heard whispers the DOR and Head of Sport at BBC are hugely to blame.

haha they aren't whispers mate. BBC incredibly political at the moment. Massive divisions around Rugby

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)
TSS 10 Dallas ingram was very impressive last week against GT steering his Southport brothers around the park with crisp passing and lengthy clearance kicks. This young gun will play a crucial factor in leading TSS to victory on the fortress of ross oval. A true battle of the fly half's
How did that work out for ya????
Chuck O’Connell was clearly the dominant 10 and put his body on the line again and again.

Last edited:

Cheesyqdingle

Allen Oxlade (6)
With only Nudgee and BSHS the only undefeated teams left sets up for a huge round 9 on Ross Oval which most likely will be a blockbuster grand final. With two very impressive outfits with NC putting 50 on a premiership contender TSS and BSHS taking out TGS and BBC in back to back weeks giving losses early on in the season to quality sides.

Will BSHS be able to maintain this form and prove that they are the real deal this year or will the pre season and early round form die off and lead to unexpected losses late in the season?

Also, after the hype around TGS are they really pretenders after being hammered by BSHS and then losing by 19 to IGS who aren't predicted to finish in the top 6 this year?

Anyway how good is school footy upsets all round and only two teams without a loss going into week 3!!

Tucker

Frank Row (1)
With only Nudgee and BSHS the only undefeated teams left sets up for a huge round 9 on Ross Oval which most likely will be a blockbuster grand final. With two very impressive outfits with NC putting 50 on a premiership contender TSS and BSHS taking out TGS and BBC in back to back weeks giving losses early on in the season to quality sides.

Will BSHS be able to maintain this form and prove that they are the real deal this year or will the pre season and early round form die off and lead to unexpected losses late in the season?

Also, after the hype around TGS are they really pretenders after being hammered by BSHS and then losing by 19 to IGS who aren't predicted to finish in the top 6 this year?

Anyway how good is school footy upsets all round and only two teams without a loss going into week 3!!

OldBack

Stan Wickham (3)

NC and BSHS play in the final round - could be a premiership match

OldManFromOnTheHill

Frank Row (1)
If i could describe TGS in one word its underwhelming, such a strong list of names however not playing like a team at all. Having watched both rounds it’s safe to say 2 boys have stuck out to me as proper team players for TGS and that’s Tom Bailey and Rupeni Baravilala. These two boys work like their life depends on it, Tom Bailey in particular, even when the game seems done, he’s the boy that’s pushing hard, carry after carry, showing the grammar spirit we saw in 2023. Like i said before the season started, Tom Bailey is a player to watch, unfortunately he can’t do it all himself. Rupeni Baravilala only 16 years old but seems like a leader in the grammar pack, most vocal on the field and great work ethic, someone to watch in the future. Adam Davis as well a great player for TGS, but in saying this, TGS isn’t playing the best footy they possible can. All seems lost now for TGS being 0-2, but i have a feeling the grammar boys aren’t done yet.

Who is the line out coach for Terrace. Don't think I've ever seen it so poor.

Also where is franck Iraguha for Terrace
Mark Chisolm former Wallabies second rower who is also there S&C is there lineout coach. It was quite windy out there yesterday at Tennyson I believe. The terrace side is quite small compared to the other teams especially in the forwards. This does make it quiet hard to have a stable set piece. It also did not help Rupert Mcgrath there blindside flanker who is a natural second rower was out with a quad injury, not only that but GT number five Hogan went down with a shoulder injury about 15 minutes into the match.

Franck Iraguha has been injured with some type of ankle injury. However when he is fresh and back I don't see him cracking the 15. He trialled at 12 but Connor Clifford has slotted into that role nicely recently after he trialled at 13 in pre-season. Plus GT 13 Saia Poese (Broncos) has been making some noise having an amazing 70 minutes on attack and defence against Churchie. However even if he were to move back to 6,7, or 8 (where he played his juniors) I still don't see him playing. As Wines and Illot played extremely well against Churchie and Nasser is in my opinion the best forward in the comp.

Did Grammar (BGS) vs Downlands. If so could I please be informed the score, location and whether it was a full strength team or not. (Hopefully a BGS (slang used by low IQ schoolboys) doesn't respond to this )

his round of footy answers a lot of questions for me personally.

Is Jacob Johnston of NC, a dominant fullback or just a bloke who does ridiculous try celebrations, after getting put through holes? - We will find out this weekend.
Is George ‘Jack Russel’ Hales, one of the comps elite halves or does he just sniff and get lucky? - Confirming now it’s not luck, that’s a non-neogatiable.
Will Lucas Clifford be the difference BBC need in the second half against BSHS or will he stop barking? - We will find out this weekend.
I partly got my answers this weekend. Need Lucas Clifford to get minutes next round so I can get a definitive response.

Xavier Coorey injured during 2023 however he is back from injury for 2024. A boy from out west at Goondiwindi who loves mustering cattle and plaing footy, the young hooker will take the 2024 season head on
Hey @gpsrugbynews I was just looking back at some older posts and saw this. Do you know where this kid is right now. As I did not see him play VS Churchie on Saturday for 1XV or the 2XV.