• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

OldManFromOnTheHill

Frank Row (1)
Wow, Roman Siulepa, 4 tries the difference for State High against TGS this week, TGS started really slow and BSHS took their chances, with Roman being the focal point of their attack. BBC will need to work hard to stop Roman. Take him out of the BSHS team I don’t see them beating TGS. State high footy was great to watch, i see them putting up a good fight against BBC. TGS on the other hand, have ippy at home. They will need to use the loss of State High as fuel if they still want to be prem contenders, cause you never know what can happen in schoolboy footy.

ILRU

Frank Row (1)
Mate sorry to burst your bubble but you won 1 game. Have had a horrible pre season and BBC will murder Brisbane State Highs weak team you rely on some bloke whos main sport isn’t even rugby. Keep chatting like this next week
Your best player is use to basketball fouls not Frank Howarth folding him in half.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
Watched a little bit of GT vs TSS on the livestream, and I have to say the Southport open side flanker Clint Daniel Hoare is a workhorse. Kid was hitting every breakdown with intent, despite his clear difference in size to every other player on the field. With a slight bulking regime this NT boarder could be involved with the GPS team of the season. He reminds me a bit of Wing Whisper in his juniors (16As).

joshchi temuways

Frank Nicholson (4)

Brisbane Boys' College 4ths Rugby Team Dominates Nudgee College​

The Brisbane Boys' College (BBC) 4ths rugby team put on a spectacular performance in their recent match against Nudgee College, securing an overwhelming victory with a margin of over 90 points. This win not only highlights their prowess on the field but also cements their position as a formidable team this season, with high hopes of remaining undefeated.

A Game to Remember​

From the first whistle, the BBC 4ths demonstrated superior skill, strategy, and teamwork. Their offensive play was relentless, and their defense was impenetrable, leaving Nudgee College struggling to keep up. Every player contributed to the success, but it was Hamish Guest who truly stole the show.

Hamish Guest: The Star of the Match​

Hamish Guest delivered an outstanding performance that will be remembered for a long time. His agility, speed, and tactical awareness were unmatched. Guest scored multiple tries, made crucial tackles, and orchestrated plays that left the opposition in disarray. His exceptional display of rugby talent was a key factor in BBC's massive win.

Team Effort and Future Prospects​

While Guest's individual brilliance was a highlight, the victory was a testament to the collective effort of the entire team. Each player executed their role with precision, and the seamless coordination among them was evident. The coaching staff also deserves commendation for their effective game plan and preparation.

Looking ahead, the BBC 4ths rugby team shows great promise for the rest of the season. With their current form and determination, the prospect of going undefeated seems highly achievable. The team's spirit and camaraderie are palpable, and they are set to face upcoming challenges with the same vigor and enthusiasm.

Conclusion​

The emphatic victory over Nudgee College is more than just a win for the Brisbane Boys' College 4ths rugby team; it is a statement of their potential and ambition. With Hamish Guest leading by example and a solid team backing him up, they are poised to make this season a memorable one. Rugby fans and the BBC community eagerly await their next match, confident that more thrilling performances are on the horizon.

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)

Brisbane Boys' College 4ths Rugby Team Dominates Nudgee College​

The Brisbane Boys' College (BBC) 4ths rugby team put on a spectacular performance in their recent match against Nudgee College, securing an overwhelming victory with a margin of over 90 points. This win not only highlights their prowess on the field but also cements their position as a formidable team this season, with high hopes of remaining undefeated.

A Game to Remember​

From the first whistle, the BBC 4ths demonstrated superior skill, strategy, and teamwork. Their offensive play was relentless, and their defense was impenetrable, leaving Nudgee College struggling to keep up. Every player contributed to the success, but it was Hamish Guest who truly stole the show.

Hamish Guest: The Star of the Match​

Hamish Guest delivered an outstanding performance that will be remembered for a long time. His agility, speed, and tactical awareness were unmatched. Guest scored multiple tries, made crucial tackles, and orchestrated plays that left the opposition in disarray. His exceptional display of rugby talent was a key factor in BBC's massive win.

Team Effort and Future Prospects​

While Guest's individual brilliance was a highlight, the victory was a testament to the collective effort of the entire team. Each player executed their role with precision, and the seamless coordination among them was evident. The coaching staff also deserves commendation for their effective game plan and preparation.

Looking ahead, the BBC 4ths rugby team shows great promise for the rest of the season. With their current form and determination, the prospect of going undefeated seems highly achievable. The team's spirit and camaraderie are palpable, and they are set to face upcoming challenges with the same vigor and enthusiasm.

Conclusion​

The emphatic victory over Nudgee College is more than just a win for the Brisbane Boys' College 4ths rugby team; it is a statement of their potential and ambition. With Hamish Guest leading by example and a solid team backing him up, they are poised to make this season a memorable one. Rugby fans and the BBC community eagerly await their next match, confident that more thrilling performances are on the horizon.
Just had a look on Rugby Xplorer it says BBC were the ones who were pumped. Is this wrong?! Cmon TGS fire up!

AverageFootyFanatic

Bob McCowan (2)
My son trialed for NSW country u12 at Nana Glen. Beautiful country out there, the winters crisp edged over the long grass providing for a gorgeous morning of footy. Unfortunately, the selectors son was also a flyhalf so he took priority. Cmon TGS fire up!
It really does boil my blood when the selectors have favourites on the footy field, if I had a penny for the number of times I was picked because of their 'amazing' son, I would be in Bali!

Ruck master 42

Bob McCowan (2)
@TheGPSBloke
what happened to your beloved TGS team. I know Roman scored 4 tries but we cant just shine the light on him. Their fullback, Angus was electric off the kick returns and 12 junior latu, was a force, being dominant and making huge metres almost every run. TGS struggled to score in the first half even with state high being a man down for 10mins. Really shows how the Kefus have turned around state highs work rate.

Scrum Doctor4300

Frank Row (1)
Good morning rugby enthusiasts I was able to get down to the goldy on the weekend to watch the GT TSS match with GT being handed a 34-5 defeat. Traditonally the boys from the city aren’t the best travellers going down to the port was always going to be a tough challenge for the boys in red and black. Special mention to archer Illot who played particularly well being a menace at breakdown and also having a strong low chop tackle being a standout of the Gt forwards. Oli Nasser was also a standout with his barnstorming runs from set piece breaking the line on multiple occasions was one to watch for GT in a mobile forward pack. Sam Russell was also another one to watch with his crafty footwork beating defenders with ease proved the difference for gt on the left edge not to mention his try saving tackle which was very impressive. However, the boys from the GC proved to good for GT overall a well rounded team with a tidy forward pack and athletic backline TSS will definetly be one to watch for the prem this Gps 2024 season as they face their toughest challenge yet facing nudgee college on the fortress off Ross oval this Saturday which is my game of the round.

joshchi temuways

Frank Nicholson (4)
BBC
Versed Down lands
TAI TAKA HARD YAKA - (Taione Taka)
He debuted for the 1st on the wing and brought it home with 3 meat pies. It's truly a noteworthy achievement something he should boast about.

OSCAR DONOVAN (THE MAN)
He again had an absolute blinder but with hard yaka, big ole Donny went over for a hatty.
these boys are a force to be reckoned with...

Unfortunately, my pick for MVP (of the season) the red rocket didnt stand up like i thought he would... potentially BBC needs to bring up someone like Charlie Geldard (name to watch) or luca buca kelly to 10 and see how that goes the rocket just didn't do it for me.

Did anybody watch the state high game? Heard roman got 4 and set up the other 2?????

Good morning rugby enthusiasts I was able to get down to the goldy on the weekend to watch the GT TSS match with GT being handed a 34-5 defeat. Traditonally the boys from the city aren’t the best travellers going down to the port was always going to be a tough challenge for the boys in red and black. Special mention to archer Illot who played particularly well being a menace at breakdown and also having a strong low chop tackle being a standout of the Gt forwards. Oli Nasser was also a standout with his barnstorming runs from set piece breaking the line on multiple occasions was one to watch for GT in a mobile forward pack. Sam Russell was also another one to watch with his crafty footwork beating defenders with ease proved the difference for gt on the left edge not to mention his try saving tackle which was very impressive. However, the boys from the GC proved to good for GT overall a well rounded team with a tidy forward pack and athletic backline TSS will definetly be one to watch for the prem this Gps 2024 season as they face their toughest challenge yet facing nudgee college on the fortress off Ross oval this Saturday which is my game of the round.
Waffles for breakfast?