• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah. In all honesty though i would often use my feet to steer the tractor, however after that accident it was all hands on.
Most people think I slip on the farm would cause you too move to the city. But once you do your first harvest that feeling keeps on coming back. My favourite is to operate a spray rig to cull out the crops. What make was the tractor that was involved in the accident? Cmon TGS fire up!

RazorRamon

Stan Wickham (3)
Good morning rugby enthusiasts I was able to get down to the goldy on the weekend to watch the GT TSS match with GT being handed a 34-5 defeat. Traditonally the boys from the city aren’t the best travellers going down to the port was always going to be a tough challenge for the boys in red and black. Special mention to archer Illot who played particularly well being a menace at breakdown and also having a strong low chop tackle being a standout of the Gt forwards. Oli Nasser was also a standout with his barnstorming runs from set piece breaking the line on multiple occasions was one to watch for GT in a mobile forward pack. Sam Russell was also another one to watch with his crafty footwork beating defenders with ease proved the difference for gt on the left edge not to mention his try saving tackle which was very impressive. However, the boys from the GC proved to good for GT overall a well rounded team with a tidy forward pack and athletic backline TSS will definetly be one to watch for the prem this Gps 2024 season as they face their toughest challenge yet facing nudgee college on the fortress off Ross oval this Saturday which is my game of the round.
Young Kingsley Uys was in some sort of mood on the weekend and alongside Blaze at Hooker, and Jonah at tighthead they are the GPS version of the Bomb Squad. That pack is monstrous!

GT were brave and battled hard but when everything's in reverse at set piece, it does make it hard to lay a foundation to launch anything meaningful towards a victory. In saying that, anyone silly enough to disrespect the boys from GT will get dealt with.

What’s everyone thinking about TSS vs NC? Definitely a contrast in styles and physical make up of both squads.
Ross Oval is a massive mental for some and if TSS can overcome this I feel they can get the victory over a well drilled Nudgee outfit lacking a bit of star fire power due to injuries.

Some bloody good footy to look forward to for round 2.

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
Most people think I slip on the farm would cause you too move to the city. But once you do your first harvest that feeling keeps on coming back. My favourite is to operate a spray rig to cull out the crops. What make was the tractor that was involved in the accident? Cmon TGS fire up!
Yes, agreed after the first accident it didn't scare me away from the livestock nor fields it just made me want to get back and milk the cows, harvest, and herd nothing else! My favourite thing to do is milk the cows, it's therapeutic and safer then driving the tractor. The tractor i use to drive was the New Holland 1999 8770 Genesis FWA tractor.

Micheal Seiler

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes, agreed after the first accident it didn't scare me away from the livestock nor fields it just made me want to get back and milk the cows, harvest, and herd nothing else! My favourite thing to do is milk the cows, it's therapeutic and safer then driving the tractor. The tractor i use to drive was the New Holland 1999 8770 Genesis FWA tractor.
Good tractor that.

When'd the accident happen mate?

AverageFootyFanatic

Bob McCowan (2)
People are so insensitive these days, and unaware of how dangerous tractors used to be in the late 90s. Disgraceful. Cmon TGS fire up!
Yeah mate I cant relate but you TGS old boys dont have a clue on what it was like for us TSS Veterans. Kicking the footy into touch and it ends up in the water and next thing you know a bully (BullShark) bites your ball in half. And since I had the 'Golden boot' it happened on the daily.

RazorRamon

Stan Wickham (3)
Clint Hoare and Tom Goldie were too dynamic for these city slickers. Uys wasn’t a standout for me I expected more from the future Bokke Prop (C).
Geez, you’re tough to please aren’t ya mate?
Basically demolished the GT scrum from the outset with his side constantly moving forward, was tidy around the field and made a 50 metre carry that led to a try.
Not many props can do that even on their best day.

Both Clint Hoare and Tom Goldie rely on Uys to do what he does to have the freedoms to do what they do.

Lastly, taking cheap shots at his ancestry is uncalled for. Has he declared his allegiance to the Boks? If he hasn’t officially done so, then why bring it up? Just remember, you’re talking about kids and there is a level of respect we have to uphold when commenting about them on this forum. Bloody poor.

Last edited:

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah mate I cant relate but you TGS old boys dont have a clue on what it was like for us TSS Veterans. Kicking the footy into touch and it ends up in the water and next thing you know a bully (BullShark) bites your ball in half. And since I had the 'Golden boot' it happened on the daily.
Im guessing that you no longer have arms as this happened on "the daily". What would the bullsharks go for if there was no arms left?

OldBack

Stan Wickham (3)
Good morning rugby enthusiasts I was able to get down to the goldy on the weekend to watch the GT TSS match with GT being handed a 34-5 defeat. Traditonally the boys from the city aren’t the best travellers going down to the port was always going to be a tough challenge for the boys in red and black. Special mention to archer Illot who played particularly well being a menace at breakdown and also having a strong low chop tackle being a standout of the Gt forwards. Oli Nasser was also a standout with his barnstorming runs from set piece breaking the line on multiple occasions was one to watch for GT in a mobile forward pack. Sam Russell was also another one to watch with his crafty footwork beating defenders with ease proved the difference for gt on the left edge not to mention his try saving tackle which was very impressive. However, the boys from the GC proved to good for GT overall a well rounded team with a tidy forward pack and athletic backline TSS will definetly be one to watch for the prem this Gps 2024 season as they face their toughest challenge yet facing nudgee college on the fortress off Ross oval this Saturday which is my game of the round.
I thought Nasser had a solid game but seemed a bit under sized against the TSS pack. Ran into the TSS line often but didn't break it all that often. Has he still got some growing in him?

Micheal Seiler

Bob McCowan (2)
A bully (BullShark) will do that to ya!! Thats the type of conditions that breed good footy players though.

OldBack

Stan Wickham (3)
Also wanted to mention the left side corner of the village green at TSS being particularly muddy. Inside source is this was a tactic used by TSS 1stXV against GT on the weekend to aid the TSS rolling maul. Would like further clarification on this issue and head groundsmen of TSS questioned immediately.
:D It's always like that in that corner