• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

GPS_Savant

Bob McCowan (2)
Final thing before I get off lunch break, who’s the favourite for the premiership in the 3rds competition. Nudgee and churchie I’ve heard but would like to here from anyone who’s got insider information.

GPS Fanatics

Frank Row (1)
Final thing before I get off lunch break, who’s the favourite for the premiership in the 3rds competition. Nudgee and churchie I’ve heard but would like to here from anyone who’s got insider information.
Have heard from my son that BBC'S 3rd's team is looking like one of their stronger sides that they have put out in recent years. In particular Charlie Geldard. I remember watching him last year in the 16C's and this bloke was on a whole other level, completing in a field of is own. This kid has a knack of breaking tackles and knows his way to the try line. I'm look forward to getting down to the fields early on Saturday and check out this exciting prospect whilst enjoying warm Bacon and Egg Roll. How goods Footy!!

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
Have heard from my son that BBC'S 3rd's team is looking like one of their stronger sides that they have put out in recent years. In particular Charlie Geldard. I remember watching him last year in the 16C's and this bloke was on a whole other level, completing in a field of is own. This kid has a knack of breaking tackles and knows his way to the try line. I'm look forward to getting down to the fields early on Saturday and check out this exciting prospect whilst enjoying warm Bacon and Egg Roll. How goods Footy!!
Would like to add aswell he led in post-contact meters during his campaign in the 16C's. Would like to see him get a chance to play in the 2nds this season.

Micheal Seiler

Bob McCowan (2)
these sprinklers are getting out of hand. my son told me last year that you Nudgee fellas love donuts, don’t understand the inside joke going on there but sounds odd. Also i doubt Nudgee have any players that can contain that mountain of a man.
I've heard that joke too from my little one. I think it is because they have a Dunkin Donuts near Ross Oval, should be a good post game snack if you ask me.

GPS Fanatics

Frank Row (1)
Would like to add aswell he led in post-contact meters during his campaign in the 16C's. Would like to see him get a chance to play in the 2nds this season.
Him playing 3rd's this year is a true testament to the depth at BBC this year. A bloke by the name of Drew Gorlas has apparently had a cracking preseason and has managed to keep Charlie Geldard out of the side. I caught a glimpse of Gorlas on the weekend playing in the 2nds and its safe to say this kid is something special and his ability to create something out of nothing is 2nd to none.

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
Coached by ex-storm player Kieran Hogan. With a strong X-factor player like Charlie Geldard, I think this could be a deadly team this year and next.
Not sure if he was an ex-storm player, but he is a very experienced coach, having the highest rugby coaching license. I do like his method of training that he uses and his chemistry among the 3rds team. Would not be surprised if they end up being listed as one of the darkhorse teams within the GPS competition, as they have a hardworking mentality on and off the field.

Cheesyqdingle

Frank Nicholson (4)
on that note, does anyone have any guns to look out for in the 3rds competition? keen for seeing some hungry boys get after it.
Heard of the hard hitter William Stone in the 3rds for Nudgee. Played Inside Centre for Met North and was unlucky to make the QLD team. Returning to the 3rd XV after a solid season last year. He should be the go to guy this year

TheGPSBloke

Herbert Moran (7)
I remember watching the thirds play whilst I was injured in my senior year. You would be surprised some of those kids in that comp can play, I remember in year 9 whilst i was playing 15As (1995), my older brother Banjo tried sneaking me into the teamsheet so we could pair up together in the back three. Good memories. One of the best feelings playing fotoy with your brothers, eventually we did for the Gatton Black Pigs.

I remember watching the thirds play whilst I was injured in my senior year. You would be surprised some of those kids in that comp can play, I remember in year 9 whilst i was playing 15As (1995), my older brother Banjo tried sneaking me into the teamsheet so we could pair up together in the back three. Good memories.
Ahh, reminisce about the good times. Back before footy went soft.

Wing whisperer

Herbert Moran (7)
I remember watching the thirds play whilst I was injured in my senior year. You would be surprised some of those kids in that comp can play, I remember in year 9 whilst i was playing 15As (1995), my older brother Banjo tried sneaking me into the teamsheet so we could pair up together in the back three. Good memories.
Take me back! I do remember you and Banjo pairing in the backline. If you mind me asking did you have a play called "muster the cattle"?

GPS Wizard

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard of the hard hitter William Stone in the 3rds for Nudgee. Played Inside Centre for Met North and was unlucky to make the QLD team. Returning to the 3rd XV after a solid season last year. He should be the go to guy this year
yeah seen that bloke have a real good dig at met north suprised he hasn't made the NC 2nds

Micheal Seiler

Bob McCowan (2)
I remember watching the thirds play whilst I was injured in my senior year. You would be surprised some of those kids in that comp can play, I remember in year 9 whilst i was playing 15As (1995), my older brother Banjo tried sneaking me into the teamsheet so we could pair up together in the back three. Good memories. One of the best feelings playing fotoy with your brothers, eventually we did for the Gatton Black Pigs.
I used to be a black pig myself! Oink oink!!