• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

FanOfAllThingsRugby

Frank Row (1)
BBC Predicted

1 Oscar Donavan
2 Tyler Mayberry
3 Harry Asi
4 Grey O neil
5 Cooper Eagle
6 Cormac Burke
7 Luca Kelly
8 Kiama Jione
9 Stan Keats
10 Toby Kennedy
11 Angus Hall
12 Frank Howarth
13 Cooper Goodman
14 Ryder Koia
15 Tanner Wheeler
Not sure where you get your mail from but if some of those boys are even playing rugby it will be 4ths

Oracle83

Cyril Towers (30)
Unless he’s injured, I think Charlie Bird would be stiff to miss a spot in the starting team somewhere either at 10 or 15. But that’s the beauty of having a strong squad as it keeps everyone on there toes and causes selection headaches for the coaches ….. not a bad problem to have!!
And have some great quality impact players

Last edited:

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Alfie Bowman was the reds u15s halfback was he not? Suprising seeing him on the wing. Can’t wait to see Treyvon Pritchard round 1, he’ll be good to watch for sure.

Yes, Bowman was the Reds U15 9 last year but Rylance was the incumbent Churchie 1st XV 9 from last year so do you go experience over potential? Will be interesting to see what the coaches decide here as both players have been on the field at the same time alternating between 9 and wing in some of the trial matches.

FanOfAllThingsRugby

Frank Row (1)
Not going to name names but I reckon there are four names there that are getting confused with someone else. Don’t believe they are even in the 1sts squad. Or else they’ve had a massive off season!

RazorRamon

Bob McCowan (2)
Here’s my BSHS starting XV, I’m sure there are a few players I’m not aware of or may not have named but these are the names I have I caught a glimpse of at trials, training and also a few kids I have seen coming through the representative scene.

A bit of a disclaimer, I’ve heard young Roman Siulepa won’t be able to play rugby this year as part of this team because of his basketball commitments which is why I haven’t named him and is a big loss for State High’s pack because he absolutely terrorised Nudgee in the trial.
It creates an interesting reshuffle in the second row and back row where a few players come into contention for an unexpected start like Manasa Vunibola.
It will be interesting where the coaching staff decide to play talented young Eli Langi, an Aussie schoolboy at lock, but I’m thinking his body makes him more a prospect at 6 long term.

I’d much rather keep Suniula at hooker but the tight head stocks from what I’ve heard are pretty thin, so he is the obvious selection there after having played there for Queensland at 16’s level last year.

1. E.Sa'u
2. T.Maile
3. C.Suniula
4. L.Thornton
5. E. Langi
6. J.Maugatai
7. T.Picot
8. M.Vunibola
9. M.Ngatai
10. S.Boakes
11. J. Hill
12. J.Patea
13. P.Mcinally
14. A.Tagicakibau
15. F.Corbett

RazorRamon

Bob McCowan (2)
Sorry Whisperer, I have heard of these 2 but haven't sited them as yet which was the only reason I left them off. Apparently Afamiliona is a talented midfielder and Junior Latu a talented leaguie out of Easts.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Below are my top 2 potential “2024 Unofficial “MVP” players (forward & back) from each school:

ACGS
- Harry Solofa (2)
- Treyvon Pritchard (15)

BBC
- Kiama Jione (8)
- Charlie Bird (10, 15)

BGS
- Mika Crichton (6, 8)
- Max Roma (12, 13)

BSHS
- Eli Langi (4, 5, 6)
- Paddy McInally (13, 15)

GT
- Ollie Nasser (6, 8)
- Connor Clifford (13)

IGS
- Alex Schumacher (1, 3)
- Tyson Walker (10, 15)

NC
- John Grenfell (2)
- Ethan Grimshaw (11, 13, 14)

TGS
- Joe Gray (7)
- Myles Rosemond (11, 14, 15)

TSS
- Kingsley Uys (1)
- Tom Goldie (9)

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Gheeza, what’s your predicted TGS starting XV for Round 1?

How has the new DOR at TGS settled in?

It should be a great season ahead and I really think it’s time to bring back the old GPS 1 and GPS 2, AIC 1, AIC 2 Rep team format etc and realign the rugby seasons back to what it was many years ago.

I just don’t think the Academy system is working as some really good players are missing out at being looked at and / or going to other codes!!!

Imagine if someone like Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow was still playing rugby …… he could easily have been the current Reds / Wallabies full-back right now!!! How much excitement would he bring to the crowds at the end of a rugby backline and how good would he look in a Wallabies jersey???

Will Ryen

Frank Row (1)
Afternoon all,

I am currently living in NSW and have been very impressed with the standard of NSW's GPS competition. I am planing to attend a QLD GPS game this season. I hear that Nudgee and The Southport School are the teams to watch? Just seeking some clarification on this.

Cheers- Will Ryen

OldManFromOnTheHill

Frank Row (1)
Roman Siulepa will be playing Round 1 for BSHS, a big inclusion for BSHS as they feared he would miss the GPS season due to NBL commitments. I wonder how TGS aim to stop him, after he terrorised Nudgee in the trial matches. In saying this however, TGS have a star No. 8 as well, Tom Bailey. In my opinion the best number 8 in the Qld GPS this year, he's never mentioned, but the kid can play footy, head down and runs like his life depends on it. He'd be on top of TGS's Hard Work Index, every week. If i was the reds u18 selector he'd be the first boy I'd pick. If you really want to see a schoolboy with a bright future, keep your eyes on Tom Bailey, the kid can play.

TheGPSBloke

Frank Row (1)
Afternoon all,

I am currently living in NSW and have been very impressed with the standard of NSW's GPS competition. I am planing to attend a QLD GPS game this season. I hear that Nudgee and The Southport School are the teams to watch? Just seeking some clarification on this.

Cheers- Will Ryen
Mate TGS are the team to watch bit of drive out to Toowoomba if your a city folk but there brand of footy is worth going up the range.

Playitstraight

Bob McCowan (2)
Agreed. NC place importance on lineouts. That might work in the professional game but that tactic will fail when your locks don’t have the physicality. I deel the Nudgee coaching staff think that school boy rugby is the same as super rugby. The reality is even club rugby is next level. That’s shown by the number of schoolboy first 15 players who even struggle at colts level let alone premier grade. Nudgee have previously overlook players who step up to prem grade after school. As a west bulldogs supporter I’ve followed a seconds player who came over to wests and is playing prem grade.
Definitely overlooked quality footy players over the last three seasons

OldManFromOnTheHill

Frank Row (1)
Going into the last week of holidays, teams will start heading into camp, so does anyone know the final trial matches being played next weekend, I know TGS, BGS and TSS have a 3 way trial match.