• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2024

DrRugby

Frank Row (1)
that's huge news, I think NC will struggle this year, when was the last time they lost 2 trial games? Forwards have been out muscled in a few games already, they usually base their game on defense ,and there already hiding players on the wing because of there size, number 10 is very erratic, makes a lot of mistakes, Big decisions to make for round 1 ......
Agreed. NC place importance on lineouts. That might work in the professional game but that tactic will fail when your locks don’t have the physicality. I deel the Nudgee coaching staff think that school boy rugby is the same as super rugby. The reality is even club rugby is next level. That’s shown by the number of schoolboy first 15 players who even struggle at colts level let alone premier grade. Nudgee have previously overlook players who step up to prem grade after school. As a west bulldogs supporter I’ve followed a seconds player who came over to wests and is playing prem grade.

Wing whisperer

Bob McCowan (2)
George Hales. A name that is not spoken enough about. This kid has eno (energy). He plays like a jack russel, quick to sniffing the ball and passing it at every breakdown. Having been in the emerging reds last year playing amongst Angus Munn, making himself a known talented halfback. Inside intel says hes been offered a position at a club in New Zealand, as he has been playing out of his skin in Napier. Very excited to see what he brings back to the Terrace 1st team this year.

King Regards, Wing Whisperer x

TheGPSBloke

Frank Row (1)
NC can overcome the loss of Prestyn Laine Sietu . They have depth.
My personal rankings
1.NC
2.TGS
3.BSHS
4.TSS
5.BBC
6.ACGS
7.IGS
8.GT
9.BGS
I like these rankings expect I got TGS winning the comp. Feel like I might have a bit of bias especially since I am a Toowoomba Grammar old boy (TGSOB). Interesting to see both spring hill teams at the bottom of the ladder. Really hope boys from both these schools can prove doubters, including me wrong.

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
My Ladder Prediction is:
1. TGS, BBC or NC (if not first these will be the top 3)
4. BSHS
5. GT
6. TSS
7. IGS
8. ACGS
9. BGS

My reasoning is simple, TGS, BBC and NC have impressed the most in trials. Even when they’re not full strength these teams have put on a good show, it’ll be a great battle between these 3 for the comp. BSHS and GT will be unlucky not to be in the top 3, especially BSHS who are quite strong this year just missing something. TSS and Ippy will be solid teams just not contenders in my opinion. ACGS aren’t playing there best footy, there game plan almost seems like give the ball to Treyvon and hope for the best. I just can’t see them being competitive this year and in last I have BGS but hopefully BGS can prove me wrong, cause it’s a shame seeing them last every year.

Oracle83

Cyril Towers (30)
My Ladder Prediction is:
1. TGS, BBC or NC (if not first these will be the top 3)
4. BSHS
5. GT
6. TSS
7. IGS
8. ACGS
9. BGS

My reasoning is simple, TGS, BBC and NC have impressed the most in trials. Even when they’re not full strength these teams have put on a good show, it’ll be a great battle between these 3 for the comp. BSHS and GT will be unlucky not to be in the top 3, especially BSHS who are quite strong this year just missing something. TSS and Ippy will be solid teams just not contenders in my opinion. ACGS aren’t playing there best footy, there game plan almost seems like give the ball to Treyvon and hope for the best. I just can’t see them being competitive this year and in last I have BGS but hopefully BGS can prove me wrong, cause it’s a shame seeing them last every year.
Most accurate unbiased opinion in my view

TheGPSBloke

Frank Row (1)
BBC Predicted

1 Oscar Donavan
2 Tyler Mayberry
3 Harry Asi
4 Grey O neil
5 Cooper Eagle
6 Cormac Burke
7 Luca Kelly
8 Kiama Jione
9 Stan Keats
10 Toby Kennedy
11 Angus Hall
12 Frank Howarth
13 Cooper Goodman
14 Ryder Koia
15 Tanner Wheeler
Far out that number 4 Grey O’neil can play.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
BBC Predicted

1 Oscar Donavan
2 Tyler Mayberry
3 Harry Asi
4 Grey O neil
5 Cooper Eagle
6 Cormac Burke
7 Luca Kelly
8 Kiama Jione
9 Stan Keats
10 Toby Kennedy
11 Angus Hall
12 Frank Howarth
13 Cooper Goodman
14 Ryder Koia
15 Tanner Wheeler
Unless he’s injured, I think Charlie Bird would be stiff to miss a spot in the starting team somewhere either at 10 or 15. But that’s the beauty of having a strong squad as it keeps everyone on there toes and causes selection headaches for the coaches ….. not a bad problem to have!!

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here’s my Churchie team based on recent trial matches plus the assumption of injured players returning for Round 1:

1 - D Tauakipulu
2 - H Solofa
3 - S Kite
4 - C Godfrey
5 - S Williams
6 - T Wood
7 - G Ward
8 - J Crothers
9 - H Rylance
10 - F Austin
11 - W Bloxham
12 - M Blanch
13 - L Gordon / O Chancellor
14 - A Bowman
15 - T Pritchard

FanOfAllThingsRugby

Frank Row (1)
BBC Predicted

1 Oscar Donavan
2 Tyler Mayberry
3 Harry Asi
4 Grey O neil
5 Cooper Eagle
6 Cormac Burke
7 Luca Kelly
8 Kiama Jione
9 Stan Keats
10 Toby Kennedy
11 Angus Hall
12 Frank Howarth
13 Cooper Goodman
14 Ryder Koia
15 Tanner Wheeler
Not sure where you get your mail from but if some of those boys are even playing rugby it will be 4ths

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
Here’s my Churchie team based on recent trial matches plus the assumption of injured players returning for Round 1:

1 - D Tauakipulu
2 - H Solofa
3 - S Kite
4 - C Godfrey
5 - S Williams
6 - T Wood
7 - G Ward
8 - J Crothers
9 - H Rylance
10 - F Austin
11 - W Bloxham
12 - M Blanch
13 - L Gordon / O Chancellor
14 - A Bowman
15 - T Pritchard
Alfie Bowman was the reds u15s halfback was he not? Suprising seeing him on the wing. Can’t wait to see Treyvon Pritchard round 1, he’ll be good to watch for sure.

Oracle83

Cyril Towers (30)
Unless he’s injured, I think Charlie Bird would be stiff to miss a spot in the starting team somewhere either at 10 or 15. But that’s the beauty of having a strong squad as it keeps everyone on there toes and causes selection headaches for the coaches ….. not a bad problem to have!!
And have some rope quality impact players