• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to rebuild Brisbane Grammar School, you are offered either the Jack Russel (George Hales) (GT), Lucas Clifford (BBC) Roman (BSHS, Clint Hoare (TSS), Frank Howarth (BBC) or Hugo Hart (NC). Who are you choosing and why?
G'day, TheGPSBloke

Although we have never chatted on the forum, I admire your love for the game as an older man (Similar to Myself), and what a great question this is. Due to the lack of experience of the BGS Forward pack, I would have to choose either Clifford (BBC) (Prop) or Suilepa (BSHS) (8), as they could act as great leaders to a mainly unexperienced BSG pack, providing both hard hitting rucks and deep rooted scrummages, with Suilepa known to have "tree roots for legs" with his scrummages, as he aggressively pushes his boots into the ground when scrummaging at the 8 position, similar to how a tree plants itself into the ground from a seed.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
Here's a question:
Who is the best coach in the GPS?
Really great question there i would have to say if there was a bet coach in the GPS it would have to be the Kefu brothers what they have done to that BSHS team is nothing short of amazing very well drilled team so well that in fact after their in againt my beloved college they didnt even celebrate just straight to a cool down after the game so impressive to see such a well drilled unit in schoolboy footy really a sight for sore eyes. havent seen a team like that since my beautiful 1st XV team in 2019.

THEHAMMERLOVER

Bob McCowan (2)
Sorry mate. Thought he was Fijian.
Hey all,

@TheGPSBloke, no need to apologise, all is forgiven. I just hope to obtain and enforce a high standard within this forum so if coaches and/or selectors are to read, they are receiving legitimate information that could possibly help with selection in the future. For Example, if the reds were looking at Hamish 'The Hammer' Clifton, they would love to know that he is a stellar student who is projected a 99.75 atar, and is of greek and Japanese descent.

Kind Regards,
TheHammerLover

Round 3 Predictions:

NC vs ACGS - NC 20+
GT vs BGS - GT 15+
IGS vs BBC - IGS 5+
TGS vs TSS - TSS 10+

Any thoughts, questions or concerns feel free to reply :)
Mine predictions are below

Round 3 Predictions:

NC vs ACGS - NC by 5 - TSS was a fluke I believe
GT vs BGS - GT by 15+
IGS vs BBC - IGS by 15+ - BBC are pretenders, lots of injuries aswell.
TGS vs TSS - TGS by 30 - Cmon TGS fire up
BSHS bye - Anyone know if there play DC? If so home or away?

HarrytheImposter

Stan Wickham (3)
Mine predictions are below

Round 3 Predictions:

NC vs ACGS - NC by 5 - TSS was a fluke I believe
GT vs BGS - GT by 15+
IGS vs BBC - IGS by 15+ - BBC are pretenders, lots of injuries aswell.
TGS vs TSS - TGS by 30 - Cmon TGS fire up
BSHS bye - Anyone know if there play DC? If so home or away?
I think they're heading inland to DC. Correct me if I am wrong

THEHAMMERLOVER

Bob McCowan (2)
Who is the bets young gun in the entire GPS comp?
U16 AND BELOW??
love to hear from @tikkamungrel_3000 and @Quick_Tap_Tony
Hey all,

@WHACKO_JACKO.GT, I believe this forum is open to everyone so I would love to throw my two cents in here. I strongly believe, Hamish 'The Hammer' Clifton is the most dominant. As I have eluded to in the past, he is just so dominant. His ball carry, his scrummaging, his rucking. He can do it all, and well.

p.s. This has no bias behind this

Kind Regards,
TheHammerLover

U16 AND BELOW??
G'day Whacko (and my fellow forumists)!

My Current Take is the likes of Nasser (GT), Clifford (GT), Cyrus (BSHS) and Sio (ACGS). Sio particularly impresses me due to him only being in grade 10, with already size, speed, and X factor. By 2026 he will be one of the best players at first XV level I'm sure of it. Nasser and Clifford have both been shining lights within the GT side so far and Cyrus at BSHS has lead like a grade 12 with his commandments in the strong BSHS lineout.

GPS Lover

Herbert Moran (7)
U16 AND BELOW??
For a young gun i know i bring a bit of bias as an old collegian but i would have to say the BBC first XV winger Tai Taka in only his second game back after double shoulder reconstruction surgery he has really hit his strides here early in the season with a hat trick against downlands and then a big try in the latest game against BSHS to give the college a shot to tie the game with another try. At only 16 years old we are far from seeing the best version of him and he is only going to get better with time, really keen to see how he develops as a player so much raw talent there.

Hey all,

@WHACKO_JACKO.GT, I believe this forum is open to everyone so I would love to throw my two cents in here. I strongly believe, Hamish 'The Hammer' Clifton is the most dominant. As I have eluded to in the past, he is just so dominant. His ball carry, his scrummaging, his rucking. He can do it all, and well.

p.s. This has no bias behind this

Kind Regards,
TheHammerLover
We got the so called The Hammer’s father on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.