• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

pene_ravai4333

Frank Row (1)
I think it's great to have some unition amongst this forum. What do we think is the game of the round this week? Me personally I recon the Presbyterians v the Roman Catholics will be a great matchup at Gaza.

MM
1724194981176.png

Groundsmen at Gaza Oval have released the state of the field for this coming matchup, boys in for a rough one.

GPS Lover

Banned
Does anyone have any inside intel if Stan Keats (BBC) is playing this weekend.
A little bit of inside intel that I got told by my younger brother at the school is that Stan Keats has been dropped from the team with Andreas Ayache being named back in the squad at fullback. What is everyone's thoughts on this just curious on the thoughts of the decision.

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
A little bit of inside intel that I got told by my younger brother at the school is that Stan Keats has been dropped from the team with Andreas Ayache being named back in the squad at fullback. What is everyone's thoughts on this just curious on the thoughts of the decision.
I have heard of a Andreas Ayache solid player but he is no Stan Keats, Keats needs to be playing if BBC are trying to win their 3rd premiership

Touchie42

Bob McCowan (2)
DUAL sport athletes of QLD GPS…

George ‘Jack Russel‘ Hales - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Oliver Nasser - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Jacob Johnston - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI football (2023) - NC
Lucas Clifford - 1st XV rugby, and 1st VI Volleyball - BBC

This is all from the top of the head, so let me know if anyone’s are wrong… Additionally, please feel free to add any other dual-sport athletes.
Hell B6
There are some promising athletes coming out of BGS aswell.
Arki (Buck) Wackwitz= 1st XV+ Prem grade chess
Jeremy (MrBeast) Boo= 1st XV + Prem grade Gymnastics
Jace (tikka) Ramalingam=1st Xv + Div 1 debating

-T42

GPS Lover

Banned
I have heard of a Andreas Ayache solid player but he is no Stan Keats, Keats needs to be playing if BBC are trying to win their 3rd premiership
Yeah couldn't agree more he just brings the spark and X-Factor that the BBC side needs as sometimes they look like they lack spark. Although i do really like Andreas as a player really solid defender and ball player but he is no Stan Keats IMO.

50/23

Peter Burge (5)
Who do we think our the shoe ins for the Emerging Reds Cup, if it was a draft system my first pick would be Tai Taka (BBC) or Fifita from (TSS) don't know first name.
many names could go down as a shoe in, any boys playing first xv this year some more names would be alfie boweman (ACGS) or tyreece herniman (BSHS)

Tom Buchanan

Bob McCowan (2)
Hell B6
There are some promising athletes coming out of BGS aswell.
Arki (Buck) Wackwitz= 1st XV+ Prem grade chess
Jeremy (MrBeast) Boo= 1st XV + Prem grade Gymnastics
Jace (tikka) Ramalingam=1st Xv + Div 1 debating

-T42
Cheers T42,
Last time I checked Jeremy (MrBeast) Boo may have claimed the highest score on the gymnastics rings at the GPS championship. Fantastic achievement given his rugby commitments. The upper body strength must really contribute when cleaning out rucks and palming off, etc. Being a multisport athlete must have many benifits to First XV players.
Cheers,
T.B.