• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

malcoms mauls

Bob McCowan (2)
No relation, just political partners striving to make this forum from opposite political parties.

ATA
I think it's great to have some unition amongst this forum. What do we think is the game of the round this week? Me personally I recon the Presbyterians v the Roman Catholics will be a great matchup at Gaza.

MM

Last edited:

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
Note this are the cases for banning:

• Off topic posts (Warn, 0 pts)
  • Lift your game (0 Points)
  • Off topic posts (Warn, 1 point)
  • Racially Offensive Post (Warn)
  • Play the ball, not the man - towards public figure (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Talking up your mates (Warn)
  • Play the ball, not the man - towards fellow forum member (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Speak respectfully about Schoolboy rugby players (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Discussing off field behaviour in schoolboy threads (Warn)
  • Schoolboy: Discussing imports/NTS/Politics/Pappa in wrong thread (Warn)
  • Being an annoying troll (Ban)
  • Lacking the maturity required to add value to G&GR community (Ban)
  • Racially Offensive Post (Ban)
  • Oxygen Thief (Permanent Ban)

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
I think @TheRugbyCyclist is a nudgee old boy, hoping he can pull something through to make this happen, would be a great watch!
Thanks for the shoutout LCF.
Boy I love this forum. And I would be happy to talk to the nudgee lads about setting this up. Does anyone know how to order a custom gazebo/ would anyone be interested in chipping in? I’ll chat to my NC contacts ASAP and get the ball rolling on this one.

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe its called Gaza due to the hard Tennyson ground leaving wounds on the body like the Gaza strip does

Yes I noticed when I switched between a match at Churchie and Tennyson on the live feed that the Churchie field was noticeably greener and more lush than the Tennyson oval. Wasn’t sure if it was the camera work or the actual field but it really needs some work there as it looks like what the Nudgee flats looked like before they did the big upgrade a couple of years ago
Devastated me as a NC supporter but I was above impressed with that BSHS team that season. Hopefully NC can return the favour in round 9 this season.

State high have had a habit the last few years of knocking Nudgee off on Ross Oval and each time it cost Nudgee the Premiership. They are a tough proposition but Nudgee still have TGS and BBC to go still and these will be difficult games.

I’m hoping it all comes down to the last match as I believe this will be the blue ribbon rugby event in Australia for 2024 as nothing else will come close to this. The Reds and Wallabies of course aren’t offering any special moments presently and local club rugby is suburban at best. Shore v Joeys in Sydney as well as the Shore v Riverview could mount a credible argument that those two matches were the two top matches of the year. The Shore grounds are magnificent but it looks a little “new school” with its modern, set back, AFL style grand stand, and it’s not surrounded by the school buildings which I always find doesn’t hold the same atmosphere as when it’s held inside the grand old buildings reflecting the old school classical origins of rugby. Sport and academics should never be separated, they are both equally integral to a lad’s education, resilience of course being the most important ingredient to a successful life both in business, career, family and mental and physical wellbeing when one leaves the school gates. Let’s see how it plays out, but for me, the best matches I’ve ever witnessed were when Grammar defeated Nudgee on Ross in the last game of the season to give Grammar a much deserved Premiership, as well as the final game v TSS when Josh Flook managed to ground the ball to give Nudgee the win just before the bell. The Paul McLean kick from the side line after the bell against Grammar in 73’ was also apparently a classic but well before my time.

The Rugby Empire

Plenty to go still this season and BBC, State High and Nudgee all with a great chance.

- Rome ne fut pas faite toute en un jour (Rome was not built in a day).

- 44 Premierships were not built in a day.

Last edited:

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
Gt v BBC. 7-28 BBC has more to play for
NC v TGS 14- 12 cos of Nc weekend off otherwise Tgs
ACGS V IGS 18-14 not confident here
BGS V BSHS. 12 -21 Bshs will do enough just

BRING BACK THE DAYS

Frank Row (1)
Jon Fitzgerald stands out among coaches due to his incredible vision and natural ability to read the game. His game awareness allows him to make strategic decisions that benefit his team. When well executed, this is where game understanding meets game awareness.

Coaches who have worked closely with Jon consistently praise his knowledge, vision, and ability to adapt to different situations. These attributes naturally position him as a coach with a bright future in the world of rugby.

If you’re looking for someone who combines expertise with a keen understanding of the game, Jon Fitzgerald is undoubtedly a top choice!

Next Gen Rugby Coaching has been fortunate to have him on their coaching staff, benefiting from his outstanding mentorship, and currently Gregory Terrace are under his leadership.

Remember, game awareness is a crucial skill for any coach, and Jon Fitzgerald exemplifies it brilliantly!

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Jon Fitzgerald stands out among coaches due to his incredible vision and natural ability to read the game. His game awareness allows him to make strategic decisions that benefit his team. When well executed, this is where game understanding meets game awareness.

Coaches who have worked closely with Jon consistently praise his knowledge, vision, and ability to adapt to different situations. These attributes naturally position him as a coach with a bright future in the world of rugby.

If you’re looking for someone who combines expertise with a keen understanding of the game, Jon Fitzgerald is undoubtedly a top choice!

Next Gen Rugby Coaching has been fortunate to have him on their coaching staff, benefiting from his outstanding mentorship, and currently Gregory Terrace are under his leadership.

Remember, game awareness is a crucial skill for any coach, and Jon Fitzgerald exemplifies it brilliantly!
Love abit of AI to start my night off :rolleyes:

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
Does anyone have any input to Rhymen Tusi. He was carving up in the pre season trials however he has been dropped from the firsts to the 16as. I catched about 15 mins of the 16as game and he was a class above the rest. He is over 100 kg and still electric maintaining great speed, step and kick. Why isn't he playing firsts?
Tusi is a proper good player, just isn’t quite ready for First XV, he’ll be one to watch next year however.

rugby.jacko

Ward Prentice (10)
Now lets get to business, it appears that there is lots of speculation around both the IGS vs Churchie game and the BBC vs GT game. I'm curious to know what everyone thinks. It appears GT 10 Sam McGahan will not be returning this week, unless my sources are incorrect. This could be dangerous for Terrace but who knows. Games at Tennyson always go down to the wire. Now the real chat IGS vs Churchie, this game is going to be wild. Two underrated teams going be a great battle. Now @Quick_Tap_Tony I'm aware that you don't make judgements of games before team lists are out. But could you please make an exception for me here, being a schoolboy yourself, I want to hear what all the young lads are saying about these two games.

Gheeza6711

Peter Burge (5)
DUAL sport athletes of QLD GPS…

George ‘Jack Russel‘ Hales - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Oliver Nasser - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI cricket - GT
Jacob Johnston - 1st XV rugby, and 1st XI football (2023) - NC
Lucas Clifford - 1st XV rugby, and 1st VI Volleyball - BBC

This is all from the top of the head, so let me know if anyone’s are wrong… Additionally, please feel free to add any other dual-sport athletes.
Richard Dean Accolades:
TGS First XV rugby 2 years
TGS First XI soccer 3 years
TGS First XI cricket 1 year
First Cross Country
First Track and Field
First Swimming

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Now lets get to business, it appears that there is lots of speculation around both the IGS vs Churchie game and the BBC vs GT game. I'm curious to know what everyone thinks. It appears GT 10 Sam McGahan will not be returning this week, unless my sources are incorrect. This could be dangerous for Terrace but who knows. Games at Tennyson always go down to the wire. Now the real chat IGS vs Churchie, this game is going to be wild. Two underrated teams going be a great battle. Now @Quick_Tap_Tony I'm aware that you don't make judgements of games before team lists are out. But could you please make an exception for me here, being a schoolboy yourself, I want to hear what all the young lads are saying about these two games.
Wait is @Quick_Tap_Tony a school boy surely this can’t be true.