• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QF1 2012 - Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Looks like a few comments on this thread certainly point to them not watching the last sharks game and the huge difference to the sharks forward pack going forward once the first choices came on. The beast will even make more of a difference if fit???? PB?
My predictions are that we will see at least two yellow cards to some forum posters on this thread if not more and the sharks should have this game by 10+

Also I did not think quade would have got the 1 week ban but I would say his past record came into consideration.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Also I did not think quade would have got the 1 week ban but I would say his past record came into consideration.

I'll take the first yellow then. WTF are you talking about? He's never been in trouble on the field before. SAZAR don't take into consideration food fights and getting pissed with mates do they?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
They also don't take into consideration what happens on the test match pitch.... just the Super Rugby record. Which was a clean slate for Cooper.
I did think on the night that he would get a one week suspension though and so it has come to pass.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So Lucas to 10 or Taps to 12?

As good as Taps is, he is still returning from injury, and Harris hasn't been as good as Lucas at fly half. Thoughts?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
They also don't take into consideration what happens on the test match pitch.. just the Super Rugby record. Which was a clean slate for Cooper.
I did think on the night that he would get a one week suspension though and so it has come to pass.
The press release said "clean record since 2010" , I think. So not entirely clean, but not exactly Bakkies! ;)

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Did you stamp your feet when you posted that...... So you saying he has no yellows indiscressions the past few years. Well then they must have deemed it as dangerous enough.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Lucas to 10 is the best option. Harris is a good 12 and he should stay there.

I expect the back reserves to be Frisby and Tapuai as everyone else is injured.

Sharks have a very good backrow so Higgers, Gilly and Shactz will really have to step up the intensity this week.

I think we can do it, but I also see an lack of depth in the team (due to injuries) that might come back to haunt us if a couple of players go down injured.

Lior

Herbert Moran (7)
Saw Kaplan is refereeing after his game against the Highlanders I would unfortunately write the QLD'ers off before they even hit the field. The bloke is a pedant, and I'm amazed he is still allowed near a rugby team in an important game. I think an impartial referee should have been appointed.

The Cooper loss certainly is a big factor and no one can deny that. I think keeping Harris at 12 and bringing Lucas to 10 would be a good combination. We still have Taps on the bench as well as Anthony Fainga'a so it is certainly quite the strong combination.

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Still weeping about the Brumbies fall from grace:(

Sharks are well coached and have looked good in their last two games. Actually they were fantastic against the Bulls...

Going back tothe R4 game: Reds V Sharks

The Reds really were right on their game to lead 14-0 while the Sharks were shell shocked. Then Reds kicked a long range penalty to lead 17-0. Although this was undoubtedly good 'score board' pressure, it allowed a breather for the Sharks to get their heads right.

The Sharks regained possession after the kick off and starting scoring points and of course went on to win the game. I reckon the Sharks would have been relieved that the Reds opted for the penalty goal rather than kick for the sideline because it spared them from defensive pressure on their line when they were way off their game.

Maybe the Reds decision to kick that penalty unwittingly helped get the Sharks back into that game?

It was a clear cut turning point in the match and I thought it might have some pretty bad repercussions for the Reds later in the season. Well, the great run by the Reds over the back end of the season seems to have erased all the bad that came with the loss to the Sharks.

But now I can't help but lament that if the Reds had have done as I hoped they would, i.e. keep the Sharks defending on their line rather than kick the penalty, then maybe the Reds win the game and......

the Brumbies are in the finals this week:confused:

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With Kaplan reffing I doubt we'll see any yellow cards this weekend....

Time for Greg Holmes to play himself back into a gold jersey.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Why am I not too worried about the result? I can't help but feel quite confident Reds will win the game , I know Cooper's out. but Ben Lucas will go ok, and I not sure Sharks will be that strong after trip over and not having Lambie and Steyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.