• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QF1 2012 - Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Alright ladies and gentlemen, until Gagger starts greenandgoldtravels.com (I think next week) lets stick to talking rugby.

yawnfest.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Eat before you go and take a flask with you? But really depends on what you're wanting in value for money. $150 for some might be dinner + a movie (not me in any event).

Or think about it this way, how often does a rugby final come to Brisbane? Looking back at the money I spent at the Super Finals last year + the Tri-nations victories doesn't leave an imprint on the great times I had.

tl;dr Don't worry about the money as the memories make up for it.
I understand what you mean about the memories, but watching a game with mates and a good single malt is still fun

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would think by game day it will be around 45k for the game. I love Rugby, but there are no South African players that make me want to see a game, I dont know why, but I just dont find their players and game plan as appealing as some NZ players and teams. Considering the cost of attending a game, I want it to be an attractive game to see.

Funny that cause I know I & a few mates + Ma are keen to go watch the Cheetahs next year when they come to Oz - given what they've dished up in 2012. In general I don't know heaps about their players but they've been very entertaining. I do agree with your sentiment though, it is an expensive day out to watch the footy & we do have more competition here with the AFL & League. I added up how much it would cost me to add an AFL game plus a League game + approx money for food, etc to my Super Rugby venture down to Melbourne - my reaction was simply :eek:, not on a "labour/starving student" salary could I afford that kind of action packed weekend.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Eat before you go and take a flask with you? But really depends on what you're wanting in value for money. $150 for some might be dinner + a movie (not me in any event).

Or think about it this way, how often does a rugby final come to Brisbane? Looking back at the money I spent at the Super Finals last year + the Tri-nations victories doesn't leave an imprint on the great times I had.

tl;dr Don't worry about the money as the memories make up for it.

Same, I eat before the game. Hip flask of rum if I'm not driving home. And get the bus in and out . Cheap night.
And the home GF made it all worth.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I wonder how brisbane ranks on a per capita basis for Sport?

League must average over 30k per week pus at least 7-8 games a year at 50-55k
Union must be at 30k average with a few sellout 50-55k per season
AFL 20k? average
I think we do alright, especially if you add in Gold Coast numbers 40 minutes away

I would think by game day it will be around 45k for the game. I love Rugby, but there are no South African players that make me want to see a game, I dont know why, but I just dont find their players and game plan as appealing as some NZ players and teams. Considering the cost of attending a game, I want it to be an attractive game to see.

I spend my money of TV subscription rather than live games. I would not look at the unlicensed areas as I like to have a couple at the game. so $45 for a silver ticket, 4x$7 for beer, $10 for food and it is over $80 for one game, if I take the wife it is a little cheaper as she wont keep up with 2 beers per half so around $150 for the 2 of us to see a game.
PLATINUM

$85.00
GOLD ADULT

$65.00
GOLD CONC

$45.00
SILVER ADULT

$45.00
SILVER CONC

$35.00
Come on Box, cant believe you dont want to see Bismarckt bullying your team tomorrow.

Paarl got 110,000 and get 20,000+ to a schoolboy rugby match.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
I think that's the local population. He's basically saying that lots of people in SA come out and support live rugby, which does not happen on the same level in Australia, all the while totally ignoring the huge differences in the sporting landscape.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I think that's the local population. He's basically saying that lots of people in SA come out and support live rugby, which does not happen on the same level in Australia, all the while totally ignoring the huge differences in the sporting landscape.
Ok, fair point and makes sense. Problem for us is that rugby here went professional 90 years too early, otherwise our live rugby attendances would probably be similar to SA's Currie Cup.

CC 2011: 936,524 (15,873 per match)
NRL 2011: 3,464,207 (17,235 per match)

T

TOCC

It's going to be interesting with the lineouts, I think that's a pretty decisive move by the sharks by playing Alberts at lock...

Thats going to play right into the Reds hands I feel.. Plenty of kicking to the corners and Reds chasing lineouts

T

TOCC

Are you a mod now? If you dont like what I am posting, put me on ignore.

No I'm just someone who is eager to talk about the actual game on the weekend and keeping the conversation sensible and intelligent..
Currently it keeps getting derailed with petty arguments...

T

TOCC

Any chance a discussion about the Reds v Sharks game might break out here anytime soon?

Scott Allen's analysis persuaded me - Reds by 10

video-preview-reds-v-sharks

I can't load the whole video unfortunately, internet speed in my part of the world isn't the greatest..

But i think the Sharks have take a very interesting approach to this game by playing a back rower at lock..Do they plan on playing a quick recycle and high retention running style of football? If thats the case, even minus Quade I'm not sure thats a smart option..

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Come on Box, cant believe you dont want to see Bismarckt bullying your team tomorrow.

Paarl got 110,000 and get 20,000+ to a schoolboy rugby match.
I am planning to sit on my arse in front of my plasma screen and watch The Crusaders beat the Bulls, The Reds beat the Sharks and then I will be probably watch a taped game of League. A great 6 hours and a good hangover the next morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.