• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QF1 2012 - Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
For God's sake team, the past is the bloody past, which we can't control! Let's all be positive (but still parochial), and concentrate on two great teams playing the greatest game on Earth, in one of the greatest stadiums, on a great night which will give us great rugby/weather conditions, leaving one group of supporters feeling "great"!!! GO THE REDS!!!!

Well said Mr Doug!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I don't forget at all. I was at most of the games.

PB seemed to be trying to say that this weekends crowd has something to do with how badly the reds performed in the mid to late 2000's. I strongly disagree, and I would suggest I know a little more about it than him, or you for that matter.

When the reds were a successful team late 1990's and early 2000's then didn't always pack out ballymore - and that only fits about 18k.
Obvious you need some rugby culture there. That losses drove you lot to Rugby League/Australian Netball.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
You forget to easily that the Reds crowds were shit for years as the Reds helped those shit SA teams to prop up the bottom of the log. The Union almost went belly up before link started knocking the thing back into shape.

Sully nothing wrong. But you would seriously expect a playoff home game to sell out or go near it anyway.

I was apart of that shit crowd for years. 4-7000 if that. I couldn't give my tickets away.
To see the crowd now its awesome but at the same extra 30000 will turn there back on them if they ever have another 5 year rebuilding phase, ;)

Link didn't stop QLD rugby going Belly up, but he did turn a bunch of Young skilled Rugby player into winners and then into Champions. And thats what has helped Rugby in this Great state. people love that, the kids love it even more and so do the Rugby clubs around town. After this season hoping Back to Back GF's. Link will move into a Admin Job and start getting things into shape in the Club as whole...

I think you need on average 10-12000 people to walk through the Gates of Suncorp to make any Profit. For 3 years now we have 25-35000 at all games, and plus 52000 a the GF and 41000 when we pumped the Tah's the other night.

It will be close to a full house again this weekend, CANT WAIT

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Hugh, I was just finishing a comprehensive reply when I pressed 'Del' instead of 'Back space'!!! Bugger, all that wasted time. Here is an abridged version!

Points to note:
1. La Jarse is to be told that my lucky jocks are "Bonds" brand, and are therefoe available at any "reputable" clothing retailer.
2. "Luckiness coefficient" cannot be altered as my jocks contain nano-threads impregnated with DNA from Reds and Wallabies players, and thus can't be adulterated by "Telopea speciosissima" (Warratah) DNA. I suggest you wear your new red jocks to Tahs training next season and at the end of the night strip down to said jocks and hop into the hot tub with some of the lads to get some of that Tahs DNA! (Quite simple, really)!
3. It's no fluke that the Australian owner of "Australia 2" who pinched the America's Cup from the Septic Tanks (4-3 against "Liberty" in 1983) was named "Bond", and that the Boxing Kangaroo's gloves were red!
4. It's good to see that Jarse Jnr discovered the power of the LRJs many years ago.

I look forward to assisting you with the telepathic blessing and impregnation of my Reds/Wobs luckiness into your new garment! (Gee Hugh, I hope the Saffers reading this thread don't get the wrong idea)!!! The Sharks squad is here on the GC, as I type! Cheers.

Late night shopping down here.

Red Bonds jocks have been acquired for all the Jarses. They were obtained from Target to keep as close to the Mr Doug variant.

All Jarses now have them on and are within wifi range of the Laptop.

Opportunity to pass telepathic blessing via internet is now available and should be OK until approx 9:30pm.

Regarding item #2. These LRJ's will only be deployed for Reds finals games, and all Wobs games. They will remain locked away for any future Reds vs Tahs clashes.

If these terms are acceptable, commence telepathic blessing.

P.S. You may need to make an extra effort, cause La Jarse also has got a ladies Bonds LRJ variant. There is a fair bit of cloth in those ones that will need impregnating with Luckiness coefficient. :) Some would say that Bondy could have used her ones for a spinnaker back in '83.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Obvious you need some rugby culture there. That losses drove you lot to Rugby League/Australian Netball.

You need to understand that we have more rugby supporters now than we ever have. The poor period affected it a little but it has bounced back from there.

We never have had a strong wide ranging rugby culture. League dominated Brisbane and AFL is just as competitive. Rugby supporters would like nothing more than a strong rugby culture throughout - but it would only happen if league died - which isn't at all likely.

Very different from what you are used to as Blue will attest to I am sure.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
You need to understand that we have more rugby supporters now than we ever have. The poor period affected it a little but it has bounced back from there.

We never have had a strong wide ranging rugby culture. League dominated Brisbane and AFL is just as competitive. Rugby supporters would like nothing more than a strong rugby culture throughout - but it would only happen if league died - which isn't at all likely.

Very different from what you are used to as Blue will attest to I am sure.

Scotty, probably the best I have seen it put.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
No your the bloke complaining about crowd numbers 2 days before the game. Then when you get called on it we're being sensitive.

Sent using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Lol stop falling for the trolling

Just jealous and nervous that the Reds are hosting this match

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wonder how brisbane ranks on a per capita basis for Sport?

League must average over 30k per week pus at least 7-8 games a year at 50-55k
Union must be at 30k average with a few sellout 50-55k per season
AFL 20k? average
I think we do alright, especially if you add in Gold Coast numbers 40 minutes away

I would think by game day it will be around 45k for the game. I love Rugby, but there are no South African players that make me want to see a game, I dont know why, but I just dont find their players and game plan as appealing as some NZ players and teams. Considering the cost of attending a game, I want it to be an attractive game to see.

I spend my money of TV subscription rather than live games. I would not look at the unlicensed areas as I like to have a couple at the game. so $45 for a silver ticket, 4x$7 for beer, $10 for food and it is over $80 for one game, if I take the wife it is a little cheaper as she wont keep up with 2 beers per half so around $150 for the 2 of us to see a game.
PLATINUM

$85.00
GOLD ADULT

$65.00
GOLD CONC

$45.00
SILVER ADULT

$45.00
SILVER CONC

$35.00

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Eat before you go and take a flask with you? But really depends on what you're wanting in value for money. $150 for some might be dinner + a movie (not me in any event).

Or think about it this way, how often does a rugby final come to Brisbane? Looking back at the money I spent at the Super Finals last year + the Tri-nations victories doesn't leave an imprint on the great times I had.

tl;dr Don't worry about the money as the memories make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.