• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QC (Quade Cooper) cited for knee on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I have no doubt that it was deliberate and deserves sanction, but I can also see that a commissioner could let him off because he didn't see evidence that it was so.

T

TOCC

Shit, when did australia turn into such a bunch of pansies... Some of you need to harden up

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
With the lucky dip process used in the judiciary in the past this could go anything between 0 and 6 weeks.

I wonder if Quade's consistent going at McCaw will play on the officials' minds. By that time Quade had already had a go at McCaw twice during stoppages. I think that may be his undoing.

W

What2040

sheer stupidity - cheap shitty shot - dissappointing for the team

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
He had smirk on his face at the post press conference,

He did knee richie, accident or on purpose. There were plenty of cheap shots through the game and I'm sure Cooper was getting one back when richie hit him in the head a few times earlier. But there rules for the game and rules for richie

Reactions: JJ

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
TOCC, kneeing a player on the ground in the head is not tough, it's not part of the game. It's fucking low, and imagine the reaction if it had happened to Genia, Horwill, Pocock? Completely unnecessary.

McCaw's entire game is based on cheap tactics and cheating that are not part of the game.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I can't believe this is even an issue. There was a dozen worse instances in this game alone. Williams trip is just one. If Cooper gets anything I will be disappointed.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
He is an idiot, but I cant imagine he'll get much more than a 1-2 weeks if that.

After today's performance against England, Ireland will need much more than Cooper's suspension to have much more than hope of defeating the Wallabies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Mealamu punches Elsom in the stomach at the 11th minute mark

Yes ! Was thinking I was the only person who saw that. Mealamu basically took out Elsom near a ruck, was lying on him for an eternity, Elsom tries to push him off, then Mealamu threw at least a couple of punches at Elsom, who was still on the ground. WTF happened there and why wasn't it pulled up ?

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Genuinely surprised by some of the Queensland response to the Cooper incident. If it were JOC (James O'Connor) or Giteau this thread would already be ten pages long, nine of which would be comprised of provincial spite.

Hawkeye

Frank Row (1)
After a 'query' from the All Blacks.

Ok fine... I hope the ARU asks a few queries of their own. Crossing the line for the Haka, repeated choke holds on Pococks neck at rucks, Thorne as 3rd man in... the trip on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) by Williams. I'm pretty sure McCaw threw a few punches a Quade earlier in the game also.

Yep cause those are really fucken dangerous ah, especially the crossing of the line for the Haka.

And your pretty sure McCaw threw a few punches, nothing like some evidence there chap eh? Just making up bullshit IMO.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yes ! Was thinking I was the only person who saw that. Mealamu basically took out Elsom near a ruck, was lying on him for an eternity, Elsom tries to push him off, then Mealamu threw at least a couple of punches at Elsom, who was still on the ground. WTF happened there and why wasn't it pulled up ?

'Christian' Kev is prone to the odd cheap shot.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Are you serious??? you have no idea you clown!

Have you had your eyes closed for the past 10 yrs? No surprise that two of the first few penalties were against McCaw for killing the ball. He started the whole fracas with Cooper by trying to kick Pocock (I think it was Pocock) in the balls in Hong Kong last year.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Are you serious??? you have no idea you clown!

Change your tasteless and degrading alias, whomever you are embittered out there in anonymous land. Matt Rowley has been a stellar, pioneering contributor to the use of 'new media' in not only Australian rugby, but all rugby, such that GAGR is today one of the most respected and best composed outlets for rugby commentary and analysis, in any time period, in any geography, period. The fact that he and other main contributors to GAGR are unpaid is double the testament to this achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.