• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Pumas v Wallabies, Rosario, 5th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say wallabies by 20. Nah im fucking crazy surely.

Lol

Link is swapping players around too much. We Should be sticking to a 15 by now.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Well, it's one swap into the XV and one swap into the XXIII.

Most punters want more. But it's probably better to attempt that at home within a two week break, rather than on short turnaround on a flying tour.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The one area of refereeing I hope to see improve this weekend is scrums getting called up if the ball comes back out the same tunnel.

If the referee decides he needs to stand on the TH side because there are issues there then that is fine, but then it must be up to the assistant referee to notify the ref if the ball shoots straight back out the LH side. Vice versa, if the referee is on the LH side as per normal and the ball rolls right through the scrum because no one strikes at it then the assistant referee on the other side needs to call it up.

This just seems like basic aspect of the scrum that can be corrected with an absolute minimum of effort.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
We'll play at least 10 minutes a player down. That pack has been munted repeatedly, we now face the best scrum yet. On form, I would say Argentina. Aus will probably lift, as they randomly do, but we'll lose by a few. I just don't see the grunt and graft there to do it.
You clearly never watched the two Bok vs Arg games did you? Boks = apex scrum

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You clearly never watched the two Bok vs Arg games did you? Boks = apex scrum
You clearly believe your opinion trumps all others.
EDIT: That sounds a bit narky, I believe the Argie scrum is getting better and better, and is probably the strongest now. I have watched most of most games, so I think I can comment, or at least venture an opinion.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Argies have replaced their tight-head prop for this test.

This will probably impact negatively on their scrum. The AB scrum was monstered in the first half but were back into it after Figallo was replaced by Orlandi.

Rugby - Injured Argentine Figallo out of Australia clash

Argentina prop Juan Figallo has pulled out of Saturday's Rugby Championship match against Australia in Rosario with a back injury.

The Montpellier forward is replaced in the team by Juan Pablo Orlandi while Matias Diaz goes on to the bench, the Argentine Rugby Union said in a statement.​

Figallo was due to have been part of a pack unchanged for a second successive test.​

Team: 15-Juan Martin Hernandez, 14-Horacio Agulla, 13-Marcelo Bosch, 12-Felipe Contepomi, 11-Juan Imhoff, 10-Nicolas Sanchez, 9-Martin Landajo; 8-Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 7-Pablo Matera, 6-Juan Fernandez Lobbe (captain), 5-Patricio Albacete, 4-Julio Farias Cabello, 3-Juan Pablo Orlandi, 2-Eusebio Guinazu, 1-Marcos Ayerza​

Replacements: 16-Agustin Creevy, 17-Nahuel Lobo, 18-Matias Diaz, 19-Manuel Carizza, 20-Benjamin Macome, 21-Tomas Cubelli, 22-Santiago Fernandez, 23-Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino​

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Binding on the arm of the opposing prop makes it difficult for the opponent to drive and bind properly. Also, what the heck was it with the Australian scrum that just fell on their bellies?

I think Australia hardly ever scrum well. They use other means to get parity and milk penalties.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rugby - Injured Argentine Figallo out of Australia clash

They don't lose much. It's amazing how some nations just produce truckloads of props.

Georgia and Argentina have more running around in Top 14 than they could ever fit in a test 23, then they're picking inside backs out of obscurity (more so the Georgians than the Argies).

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Unless Figallo is being replaced by B. Alexandallo then I doubt it will improve our competitiveness in the scrum very much.

Don't know, ABs won a pretty dominant tighthead late in the game, after their scrum was munched every time before that. Figallo surely the best scrummaging prop in the whole TRC. By miles.
"Like" for the laugh at the replacement's name, thogh

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They don't lose much. It's amazing how some nations just produce truckloads of props.

Georgia and Argentina have more running around in Top 14 than they could ever fit in a test 23, then they're picking inside backs out of obscurity (more so the Georgians than the Argies).
It's how they are developed in junior years and into senior years. We still haven't got the message and we seem to be repeating the same errors generation after generation, which has something to do with the fact that the retired props who were not dominant in their own careers teaching the next generation.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I'd argue that Figallo is the best tighthead in the world right now. So massive loss for them, he dished it out to the All Blacks last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.