• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Pumas v Wallabies, Rosario, 5th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TooEasyWobbles

Any idea what the difference in dimensions are from this field to a regular one (Suncorp etc).

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Looks to have short in-goals, like many soccer grounds:

iTFmk3nzuD60F.jpg

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Wallabies look set to play a fast paced style. Not saying it will work but we need to get stuck in early and dictate the terms of the game. The Argies just grow in confidence if it is tight. Our inferior scrum just can't technically match the Argies so the intent from the Wallabies I think will be to play uptempo and depower it that way. What worries me is we are not in good enough conditioning for that style at the moment. What is condusive to the uptempo style is that the Argies do give space on the fringes though the question will be are we good enough to take it. This explains Genia over White as if it works and we can force the Argies to fan out, it will open space up through the centre for Genia's running game. Should it work I suspect it will be the game that brings Cooper out of his shell. Despite what some people say, he hasn't been playing badly but he hasn't been showing the MO we generally associate in how he plays when at his best.
The Argies counter to this is quite simple. Play tight and play from set piece to set piece. We all know this is how we get exposed at our worst. A stop, start game will frustrate us and they know it also. This is what we have to avoid.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Wallabies look set to play a fast paced style. Not saying it will work but we need to get stuck in early and dictate the terms of the game. The Argies just grow in confidence if it is tight. Our inferior scrum just can't technically match the Argies so the intent from the Wallabies I think will be to play uptempo and depower it that way. What worries me is we are not in good enough conditioning for that style at the moment. What is condusive to the uptempo style is that the Argies do give space on the fringes though the question will be are we good enough to take it. This explains Genia over White as if it works and we can force the Argies to fan out, it will open space up through the centre for Genia's running game. Should it work I suspect it will be the game that brings Cooper out of his shell. Despite what some people say, he hasn't been playing badly but he hasn't been showing the MO we generally associate in how he plays when at his best.
The Argies counter to this is quite simple. Play tight and play from set piece to set piece. We all know this is how we get exposed at our worst. A stop, start game will frustrate us and they know it also. This is what we have to avoid.

Well Ruggo, if we run out of replacements due to the physicality of the match, at least they will have "had a go", and that's all we can really ask (demand) of them!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is it just me, or the Rosario field really small?
I think it's short and narrow. From memory this has come up before when the Wallabies played there and we had a game based on attacking wide and complained that the field was narrow (although within IRB limits)

M

Moono75

Thats why there are so many laser pointers at the ground. The Argies are constantly reviewing the dimensions of the ground.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You've obviously forgotten the 9/10 combination!
If the pigs get some go forward and the 9 doesn't hop, skip and jump before passing, and the 10 isn't deep in the box, it's a nice theory. I can't recall any 9/10 combos delivering fast, front-foot ball to the outside backs of late. Would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.