• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Oz S15 & Academy Squads 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Is there any press on Holies re-signing? I haven't seen it and you would think they would issue a press release when they re-sign their captain. Can Brumby Jack help?

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Dane Haylett-Petty has signed with Biarritz.
That will leave an outside back issue for the Force, as they lost Haig Sare as well. Run on outside backs of Shepherd, Cummins and Staniforth, and Bart on the bench. But two of those players are over 30, and there are no youngens yet.

http://www.bo-pb.com/index.php/equipe/equipe-10-11/renfort-au-centre/7938

Serge Blanco has announced this evening at the BO Socios partner during the presentation of the team 2010-2011: two Australians have signed on and will soon join BOPB Aguilera. This is the first center Michael Bond, born in 1987, which ends Tuesday in Biarritz. Should follow the multipurpose center (it can also play small forward, back and usher) and striker Dane Haylett-Petty, born 1989, still awaiting release of the Australian federation.

Sorry, thats a translation google gave me from French.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
The Brumbies had a massive cleanout and dumped a number of players who have contributed very little in recent years: Taumopeau, Timani, Mafi, Vanderglas, and possibly Phibbs...

George Smith retired... and Mortlock and Huxley went to the Rebels...

Hopefully they'll promote Phoenix Battye, Robbie Coleman and Nick White before it's too late... all of them being locals who have starred for the U20's...

Nic White the local Scone Boy.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Brumbies poach rising fullback Crawford as Waratahs look overseas
Rupert Guinness
August 30, 2010

THE Waratahs will launch an overseas search to fill the final spot on their roster for next season after missing out on Northern Suburbs fullback Cam Crawford, who is understood to have accepted an offer from the Brumbies.

Waratahs coach Chris Hickey, who was at Coogee Oval on Saturday for Eastwood's 40-14 victory over Randwick, said he hoped to secure the services of NSW's final player in the next fortnight. He is still keen to sign a local player but, with Crawford apparently heading to Canberra, he may be forced to search abroad.

''We're looking possibly more at a foreign developing player,'' Hickey said. ''We're looking at the [National Provincial Championship in New Zealand]. A couple of New Zealand wingers have really impressed us.

''You have to look at your backyard first. But at the same time, you have to keep an eye on the ITM Cup [NPC]. We would like to close this off in the next fortnight. By the finals series of club rugby you have seen enough to know whether [players] are going to fit the bill or not.

''One strong performance in the finals series isn't necessarily going to mean you pick somebody. You look more at their performance consistently throughout a season rather than one good game in the finals.''

Hickey was impressed by two wingers he witnessed in action on Saturday - Eastwood's John Grant, the competition's leading try-scorer after 20 rounds, and Tom Tombleson, who plays for Randwick and also works as the Waratahs' strength and conditioning coach.

Grant, who scored two of the Woodies' four tries against Randwick, ''is an interesting player'', Hickey said. ''He can do some things that are quite outstanding. He is on the radar, but possibly not for a full contract at this stage.

''He is six foot four and probably the quickest player running around in club rugby. His performances this year have been a lot more consistent. That's probably reflected by him leading the try-scoring tally.''

Tombleson is a player Hickey has considered signing, but because he is a former England Sevens representative he would fall under the foreign marquee player allowance. Hickey wants to keep that avenue open after releasing New Zealander Sosene Anesi, a former All Black.

''I have had a good look at Tom. He does some good things. I have often thought of him as someone who you could put on if you needed to,'' Hickey said. ''On occasion he fills in [at Waratahs training], but his role with us is as a strength and conditioning coach and does a really good job. You don't want to undermine things, have players cross from one role to another.''

If Tombleson's status was different, Hickey said the Englishman would have come under consideration. ''We would definitely look at him,'' Hickey said. ''He has played some pretty good football. He is strong. He's got good football sense and he wouldn't be out of place in a Super team.''

With two rounds remaining in the Shute Shield, Eastwood are well placed to take out the minor premiership as they top the table with 79 points. Rounding out the top six are Eastern Suburbs and Southern Districts - both on 73 points - followed by Manly (72), Sydney University (61) and Randwick (57).

While Eastwood were business-like in their demolition of Randwick, Sydney University are poised to finish the season strongly with their 20-17 victory at home over Manly under lights on Saturday night.

Parramatta remain winless.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Yep… Add one fullback Cam Crawford to the Brumbies team list... I bet the new backs coach Steve Larkham help in his decision… Welcome on deck Cam... Brumbies till need anaother second rower... Shame Phoniex went to the Force...

red army

Bob McCowan (2)
I have heard that Ben coridas and Dave mcduling have signed to the reds academy. I reckon they are great pick ups for the reds. Coridas could push gill and quirk for that 7 jersey and mcduling provides more depth in the lock position with maybe a chance of picking up a contract next year once humphries and samo finish up.

I also hope they can keep jono lance and aiden toua. I wasn't to impressed with morahans showing at the 20's and think toua would be the next best behind hynes. And lance has been awesome in taking uni through to the Brisbane club finals. I wouldn't be surprised if these 2 were in the 22 next year over some of the guys with contracts.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have heard that Ben coridas and Dave mcduling have signed to the reds academy. I reckon they are great pick ups for the reds. Coridas could push gill and quirk for that 7 jersey and mcduling provides more depth in the lock position with maybe a chance of picking up a contract next year once humphries and samo finish up.

I also hope they can keep jono lance and aiden toua. I wasn't to impressed with morahans showing at the 20's and think toua would be the next best behind hynes. And lance has been awesome in taking uni through to the Brisbane club finals. I wouldn't be surprised if these 2 were in the 22 next year over some of the guys with contracts.

yeah, McDuling was rumoured in another thread. An excellent signing. As would Coridas be. Is he even playing at the moment? Has he been injured all year? I still have some hope for Tomeki next year too.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep… Add one fullback Cam Crawford to the Brumbies team list... I bet the new backs coach Steve Larkham help in his decision… Welcome on deck Cam... Brumbies till need anaother second rower... Shame Phoniex went to the Force...

Not confirmed yet is it?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
yeah, McDuling was rumoured in another thread. An excellent signing. As would Coridas be. Is he even playing at the moment? Has he been injured all year? I still have some hope for Tomeki next year too.

Coridas was ruled out for the season before the club rugby season even began.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I very much doubt the Brumbies are looking for another second rower which is the reason why Battye went to the Force...

The Brumbies already have Chisholm, Hand, Chapman and Kimlin...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Beau liked, but not signed.

REBELS Super 15 coach Rod Macqueen is backing off-contract Warringah flanker Beau Robinson to force his way into provincial representative rugby, but it’s not going to happen in Melbourne just yet.

Robinson, who played regular Super 14 rugby in 2008 which culminated in the final against the Crusaders, is still without a club ahead of next season.

Somehow, the 24-year-old has been overlooked by all franchises in Australia, including the newly formed Rebels who have opted for Rats captain Michael Lipman and Dragons NRL forward Jarrod Saffy.

Robinson, considered one of the toughest customers in Sydney’s Shute Shield, said his future remains unclear.

“It doesn’t look like I’ll get a contract,” he said.

“It’s disappointing, but I’d like to get back up there. All I can do is get out there and play football. I’m trying to do everything I can, but it’s never easy when the team is not going well.”

Macqueen said he was a great admirer of Robinson and believes the hard-running back-rower can break through soon.

“He’s one player off a call-up,” the former Wallaby coach told The Manly Daily.

“I’m the first to say Beau Robinson is a really good player. I don’t think he’s far off Super rugby. He’s a great competitor and would do very well. He is one of the most feared back-rowers in club rugby and I think he’s certainly been a bit unlucky.”

Robinson said heading overseas was not an option, with his mind only aimed at helping the Rats squeeze into the finals. “I don’t have a great deal of desire to go overseas, I’m just focusing on this season,” he said.

Warringah must beat Norths at North Sydney Oval on Saturday and hope Randwick lose their clash against Gordon for the Rats to have any chance of qualifying for the finals.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well, I just got my Rebels first Membership update today and it said they have filled 30 of their 33 contract spots.

Seeing as Saffy and Chamberland are being classified as blindsiders on the Rebels side it wouldn't surprise me if they are looking at Beau very seriously. He also obviously has a combination going with Lipman.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I very much doubt the Brumbies are looking for another second rower which is the reason why Battye went to the Force...

The Brumbies already have Chisholm, Hand, Chapman and Kimlin...

I guess I still think of Chapman as a loosie but he has been covering more secondrow in the past year... I was a bit disappointed they lost local lad Battye but he will learn a lot from Captain Sharpe at the force... hopefully come back to the brumbies down the track...

S

sportsfan

what does that mean for Huia and Moore. Will they both be there beyond '11?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well, Huia is old if I'm not mistaken. Also, I think Hegarty play a bit of prop so maybe there is a utility factor.

Whatever happened to Uglia and the big hopes the Brumbies had for him?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Well, Huia is old if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever happened to Uglia and the big hopes the Brumbies had for him?

Huia Edmonds is 29 in October.

Ulugia was cut at the end of 2009. He picked up a late contract in 2010 when the Brumbies had a few injuries but was not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.