• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Oz S15 & Academy Squads 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Re: Oz S15 Squads 2011

mate they actually don't announce the academy until usually in the new year. I would've thought they would sign Anae, at least as hooker back up with Hardman leaving. Hanson is unsigned too.

As for props, the rumour is they are close to signing Guy Shepherdson from the Brumbies.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

So if your name's "Cameron" the Rebels are after you? ::) ::) ::)

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)

Noddy said:
mud, are they new signings or carry overs I had missed?

Colby signed in the last few weeks. Ed Stubbs and Coleman still Academy signings. I thought Timani had another season like Vanderglas, Sipa amy still need to sign I read something recently that indicated he was due. He has been out all season with shoulder issue. good player I would expect they'll hang onto him.

S

scrubber

Noddy said:
mate they actually don't announce the academy until usually in the new year. I would've thought they would sign Anae, at least as hooker back up with Hardman leaving. Hanson is unsigned too.

As for props, the rumour is they are close to signing Guy Shepherdson from the Brumbies.

Shep not the way forward for Reds - very surprised Hanson didn't get 5 on Sat but might have adversely affected Sean's send-off - time for him next year hopefully

T

TOCC

Radiki has signed a 1 yr deal with the Reds
Tasi Luafutu won't be offered a contract
can't remember if this had been announced, but Jake Shatz is signed for 2011 as well

S

scrubber

TOCC said:
Radiki has signed a 1 yr deal with the Reds
Tasi Luafutu won't be offered a contract
can't remember if this had been announced, but Jake Shatz is signed for 2011 as well

Think good move to sign Samo - keeps pressure on others and Jake S. as well - absolute home grown talent to be kept - thing is, the kid can play 6,7 and 8. Quirk seemed to be a little out of depth but good debut anyway, gained terrific experience and will be a champion player IMO in next year or two - interesting to see Reds Academy clean-out over next few months and newcomers inducted.

Great to see the resurgance of Qld rugby - seem to be now getting it right and with McKenzie at helm future looks bright

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

ok, let's do a quick check in to see how our teams stand for next year:

Brumbies:

15 Christian Lealiifano, 14 Pat McCabe, 13 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 12 Matt Giteau, 11 Francis Fainifo, 10 Matt To'omua, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 Julian Salvi, 7 Colby Fainga'a, 6 Rocky Elsom, 5 Mitchell Chapman, 4 Ben Hand, 3 Salesi Maafu, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 Ben Alexander. Reserves: 16 Huia Edmonds, 17 Dan Palmer, 18 ?? , 19 Michael Hooper, 20 ??, 21 Tryone Smith,* 22 Andrew Smith. Others: Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Ed Stubbs

Force

15 Mark Bartholomeusz, 14 Scott Staniforth, 13 Mitchell Inman, 12 Gene Fairbanks, 11 Nick Cummins, 10 James O'Connor, 9 Brett Sheehan, 8 Richard Brown, 7 David Pocock, 6 Matt Hodgson, 5 Nathan Sharpe, 4 Ben McCalman, 3 Tim Fairbrother, 2 Nathan Charles, 1 Pek Cowan. Reserves: 16 ??, 17 Nick Henderson, 18 Tom Hockings, 19 Sam Wykes, 20 Justin Tuner, 21 Stefano Hunt, 22 ??. Others: Richard Stanford, Matt Dunning, Kieran Longbottom.

Rebels

15 Luke Rooney, 14 Peter Betham, 13 Stirling Mortlock, 12 James Hilgendorf, 11 Cooper Vuna, 10 Danny Cipriani, 9 Richard Kingi, 8 Gareth Delve, 7 Michael Lipman, 6 Jarrod Saffy, 5 Adam Byrnes, 4 Al Campbell, 3 Laurie Weeks, 2 Adam Freier, 1 Greg Sommerville. Reserves: 16 Heath Tessman, 17 Rodney Blake, 18 Hoani MacDonald , 19 Tim Davidson , 20 Sam Cordingly, 21 Julian Huxley, 22 Mark Gerrard . Others: Luke Jones, Kevin O'Neill, Nick Henderson, Tom Chamberlain, Lachlan Mitchell.

Reds

15 Peter Hynes, 14 Rodney Davies, 13 Will Chambers, 12 Anthony Fainga'a, 11 Digby Ione, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Will Genia, 8 Leroy Houston, 7 Jake Schatz, 6 Scott Higginbotham, 5 James Horwill, 4 Robert Simmons, 3 James Slipper, 2 Saia Fainga'a, 1 Ben Daley. Reserves: 16 James Hanson, 17 Greg Holmes, 18 Van Humphries, 19 Liam Gill, 20 Ben Lucas, 21 Ben Tapuia, 22 Luke Morahan . Others: Lei Tomiki, Ed Quirk, Radike Samo, Albert Anae, Guy Shepherdson, Dominic Shipperley, Kimani Sitauti, Adam Wallace-Harrison.

Waratahs

15 Kurtley Beale, 14 Lachlan Turner, 13 Rob Horne, 12 Tom Carter, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Luke Burgess, 8 Wycliffe Palu, 7 Phil Waugh, 6 David Dennis, 5 Dean Mumm, 4 Kane Douglas, 3 Al Baxter, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Sekope Kepu. Reserves: 16 Damien Fitzpatrick, 17 Paddy Ryan, 18 Will Caldwell, 19 Ben Mowen, 20 Josh Holmes, 21 Daniel Halangahu, 22 Ryan Cross. Others: Pat McCutcheon, Brendan McKibbon, Locky McCaffrey, Brackin Karauria-Henry, Rory Sidey.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

Tahs squad looks the best of that lot. Quality on the bench makes or breaks a team's season, as the Tahs are finding out right now with Robinson, Palu and Caldwell in the sick bay.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

the thing about the Tahs is that they have pretty much all of their first choice team signed. Just really waiting on the ARU to finalise Fat Cat's. They've done well in siging the youngies, like McCutcheon, Ryan and McCaffrey too.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

Noddy said:
the thing about the Tahs is that they have pretty much all of their first choice team signed. Just really waiting on the ARU to finalise Fat Cat's. They've done well in siging the youngies, like McCutcheon, Ryan and McCaffrey too.

Who knows with another season in a professional evironment under his belt 'Dud' Roodt might come along in leaps and bounds.

Remember he has lost 25 kilos since he joined the Tahs for this season, I am not sure if he is at his ideal playing weight yet or not, he could certainly get fitter though after watching him a few weeks ago in a club game.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)

Fat Cat wont leave. he is the best prop in the world and this is a world cup year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

no one has suggested fat cat would leave Australia.

AussieD, I agree. He hadn't played rugby for some time so it was always going to be tough adjusting to the demands. Hopefully he plays the rest of the club season and then a decent off-season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

mudskipper said:
Brumbies add: Colby Faingga (2012), Sipa Taumoepeau, Sita Timani, Henry Vanderglas, Robbie Coleman, Ed Stubbs

Taumopeau, Timani, Vanderglas, and Mafi are all being dumped by the Brumbies...

It looks as though Phibbs might have to look elsewhere now that Finegan is leaving...

Cyril Towers (30)

Taumoupeau and Mafi are both excellent players who have had troubles with injury. Taumoupeau has had a shoulder recon I think so won't play for a while and Mafi injured a leg against the tahs (leading to Turner's try). Both have had a reasonable number of S14 games and they are only 20 or 21 at most. I think they'll get picked up somewhere. Sipa's brother Pauliasi is back in town after a stint in Japan as well. It would be interesting to see what he is like these days. In 04 he was an outstanding schoolboy 8 and captained the Aus schoolboys team that year. Like his brother he has had a bit of trouble with injury.

Cyril Towers (30)

topo said:
Taumoupeau and Mafi are both excellent players who have had troubles with injury. Taumoupeau has had a shoulder recon I think so won't play for a while and Mafi injured a leg against the tahs (leading to Turner's try). Both have had a reasonable number of S14 games and they are only 20 or 21 at most. I think they'll get picked up somewhere. Sipa's brother Pauliasi is back in town after a stint in Japan as well. It would be interesting to see what he is like these days. In 04 he was an outstanding schoolboy 8 and captained the Aus schoolboys team that year. Like his brother he has had a bit of trouble with injury.
Scrub Pauliasi, apparently he has broken his ankle again.

T

TOCC

Hey Noddy, in those team lists on page one you have Van Humprhies listed twice in the Reds squad

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

cheers mate. I confused him with Rodney Davies obviously. Easily done!

Status
Not open for further replies.