• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ONE TEAM - positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Watty Friend (18)
[video=youtube;ExhE0Qs0W68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExhE0Qs0W68[/video]

While that was fun to watch, I just remembered that guy is our fullback. He's probably gonna stay there. Got any other candidates?

P

pete88

If we must lump the blame at Quade's feet, James O'Connor? Lets Mitchell and Ioane start in the same side.

B

BRIX

Rhyso, Nathan. Enough with the premature ejaculation please, I'm mourning here.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
A year or two ago I could see Matt To'omua being the future Wallabies 10. The next Super 15 season we will see whether he lives up to his potential.

If not him, then I think James O'Connor has shown promise there.

P

pete88

I also wouldn't blacklist Quade, but I would like to see selections made on the basis of "who will win us the next match" based on form. Not "strategic" decisions.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
A bucket of young, long term wallabies now know how much it hurts to be knocked out of the world cup, and what sort of performance you need to win it, having just witnessed it in their opponents. Look out in 2015.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Imagine:
9. Genia
10. O'Connor
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Horne
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

21. Barnes
22. Fainga'a

That would be unbeatable.

F

Fredfreduels

Imagine:
9. Genia
10. O'Connor
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Horne
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

21. Barnes
22. Fainga'a

That would be unbeatable.

I think McCabe should be 13 and Horne 12

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Flyhalf has to be a player that looks to set up others first and runs second. With JOC (James O'Connor) we don't get this. He is a 12 or 15 for mine, putting him at 10 might end up to be giteau mark 2.

Barnes, Cooper, To'omua are the only ones that look to set up their outside men first.

Positives - JOC (James O'Connor) has looked better with every game including his kicking and defense, ioane is still one of the best running wingers going around, our locking options should get better with the young guys coming through, pocock is now the best 7 in the world and is still improving, slipper is likely to be a fantastic prop in a few years time.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The search for a new flyhalf begins!

Cooper is still the best 10 we have, but if someone comes along who is better, I will happily see him benched.

Till then, we work with what we have got. He actually defended pretty well last nigh,t but behind a dominated pack he wasn't going to shine, no 10 does.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
We didn't lose this game or the last (which, whilst I know we won on the scoreboard, reinforced a myriad of problems) in the backs ladies.

I would normally agree with that, but I think our forwards were close to the ABs for most of the game except for the first 20 minutes.

At least 50% of the loss could be attributed to poor kicking, poor kick chase and poor kick receiving. If we were as good as the ABs in those areas we wouldn't have had anywhere near as much pressure on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.