• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ONE TEAM - positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Let's just think about fly-halfs. Quade Cooper and BBQ rugby won the Super Rugby title but test matches are a different beast. How many World Cups did Lynagh (Barnes) win compared to Carlos Spencer (Cooper).

On the positivity angle, at least the team fronted up even if the skill execution was poor. They tried hard and never gave up.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cooper wasn't even the worst, second worst, or third worst of our backs (I thought that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Genia, Fainga'a, McCabe were all not as good for varying reasons, and in no order). And it wasn't any of their faults we lost, either.

So why do we think that suddenly swapping Cooper out of 10 and shuffling a backline makes us "unbeatable"?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Cooper wasn't even the worst, second worst, or third worst of our backs (I thought that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Genia, Fainga'a, McCabe were all not as good for varying reasons, and in no order). And it wasn't any of their faults we lost, either.

So why do we think that suddenly swapping Cooper out of 10 and shuffling a backline makes us "unbeatable"?

The Quade hate from last night is ridiculous, get it through your head people HE WAS NOWHERE NEAR OUR WORST PLAYER.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Let's just think about fly-halfs. Quade Cooper and BBQ rugby won the Super Rugby title but test matches are a different beast. How many World Cups did Lynagh (Barnes) win compared to Carlos Spencer (Cooper).

On the positivity angle, at least the team fronted up even if the skill execution was poor. They tried hard and never gave up.

And a good game plan. You could clearly see that McKenzie had thought through each team they came up against. Wasn't just one plan either. They played some territory at times as well, not just running game. And did it off a pretty average scrum, where they had a number of tactics that aimed to minimise the damage.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
A young greenish injury plagued side with many players that had no RWC experience managed to make it to the Semi final of a RWC. With the injuries healed, some RWC experience under the belt, & a few new players probably to come in for some retiring/moving on ones I'm still excited about watching the Wallabies post RWC. Looking forward to seeing any 'bolters' that may emerge from the Super Rugby comp in 2012.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Hey everyone,

I started this thread as the title suggests for "positivity" it's not a place for debate or calling out failures. It's a place for giving those who deserve a pat on the back or acknowledgment exactly that. Let's raise the bar a little.

We may have been knocked out, but we can still get the bronze, and that will mean the headline "bronzed Aussies"

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
We've got so much damn skill we've got a playmaker on the wing. Find me another winger in the world that could do half of this:

[video=youtube;feJ62DDHmVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feJ62DDHmVU[/video]

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
We've got so much damn skill we've got a playmaker on the wing. Find me another winger in the world that could do half of this:

[video=youtube;feJ62DDHmVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feJ62DDHmVU[/video]

Agreed, but I'd like to see a winger do what Cory Jane did - catch the high ball and go forward after landing. It's the basic's we need to get right.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agreed, but I'd like to see a winger do what Cory Jane did - catch the high ball and go forward after landing. It's the basic's we need to get right.

Keep it positive, We have the potential to attack the high ball, I recall both JOC (James O'Connor) and Digby going up to take a good catch...

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Keep it positive, We have the potential to attack the high ball, I recall both JOC (James O'Connor) and Digby going up to take a good catch...

And Cooper in fact. Was when I realised he was starting to play back into it. Took the ball, took the tackle, released the ball, over it and Genia got there in good time.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
We don't come onto the field, shake hands like an epileptic having a fit, then deliberately shoulder charge our 'mate' and sit out the rest of the match.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)

Lachie Turner is the player for that role, if we could only teach him: Run first, kick later. He kicks away possession far too much. He's the fastest winger in the country and he's got a great skill set, plus he shows maturity. Don't know why Deans didn't use him more often. He performed really well against the AB's in HK last year.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Like a lot of Wallabies fans, I thought that anything less than a spot in the final would mean a failed campaign. Obviously we've fallen short in that regard.

Despite that, I feel a hell of a lot more positive than I did this time 4 years ago.

We're a young team on the rise as opposed to an old team in decline. We don't have to "unearth" or "blood" any new talent, we simply have to get more experience under the players' belts and bed down our combinations for the future. We’ve still got a shitload of great players that haven’t hit their 23rd birthday yet. Let’s give them a break – how many of the “greats” of yesteryear were the finished product at 23? With a Lions series on the horizon and with a new challenge with the Argies entering the 4 nations, I’m genuinely excited to watch how the team grows from here.

B

barrenjoey

Wallaby to the boot straps. We have the core to build a winning team. We will be right, we have the tri nations ,and the super 15's, it's not all bad. Stay firm lads, it's only four years ! In the mean time, be good if the coach and media could go back to the collective noun 'team' instead of 'playing group' you send your kids to play group!

Status
Not open for further replies.