• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ONE TEAM - positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
We routinely need 'good humiliations, real debacles' to then start a new cycle of guilt, self-recrimination and remotivation back to, say, a 2011 Bled 2 level. We just need that predictable new cycle to be in its upswing phase come QF time via (likely) SA. It's all about the timing of the mental upswing with these Wallabies.

W

Waylon

The last few days have been pretty negative around here so I thought having a place of positivity and general happiness might help us all lift our spirits a bit.

No criticizing, no name calling, just post something positive about the wallabies.

I will kick things off,

The uniforms are growing on me and I think the team looked great out there.

I like the sentiment

I'm thinking finishing second in the pool is a good dodge.

I have been impressed with Wales. They are showing a bit of form.

The poms give us a lot of grief with their negative spoiling tactics. They are a thorn in our side because they bore and frustrate us into penalties. It's dull dull dull

We have good form over the Bok in the last 2 seasons

The Blicks will be the most vulnerable in the semi. The pressure to deliver will make the legs weary. Their game will be played in nervous anxiety from the pressure of expectation in the hours before the game. If they get through that, the crowd will get them home in the final. The semi is where they might stumble

There is no way the Blicks will lose the final if they make it

Finishing 2nd in our pool is our best chance of winning this RWC

We'll be at full strenght for the QF

We are now flying under the radar as the world has written us off after the dismal performance against Ireland

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Waylon, normally I would agree but unfortunately Australia did not show me in the Ireland game that they have the whole game to go the whole way. I am hoping I am wrong. :)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The potential is there, the quality is there, the experience is there, the consistency is not. Injuries have been our worst nightmare this campaign but I think they could prove to be a blessing in disguise, sometimes forcing Deans' into picking his lesser favoured players is not a bad thing. He is stubborn with selections and whilst it might seem like a bad thing to say, injuries can be good in that they bring change and reflection of the team. I think without the injuries and loss to the Irish we wouldn't be reviewing our side from the Brisbane test, and as was shown, there were far too many cracks against the Irish.

We can only go up from here, the disapointment of last world cup will spur us further than the quarters, the blackness in the Semi's will be the big one. If we can get past them, as we seem to have a habit of doing, I have plenty of faith in us against ANY NH team in the final.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Light,

I have faith in us beating the All Blacks. But I also have faith that if we were to do so, the team would get such a big head they would choke against whoever makes it into the final to play them...

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yes, but having defeated New Zealand and South Africa, whomever the opposition is we won't need to be brilliant to beat. It will no doubt be a NH team and thus a forward orientated game, yes we are shit at those, but none of the NH sides really pose a threat I don't think.

-England has been less than impressive, they have a strong back-row and can be dangerous when Youngs is on the field, but they make bad selection choices and choose experience of quality. I think if they were in a final tomorrow they would pick Johnny over Flood, and probably lose.
-France can't seem to work out their team in general, much the same as us they have the quality and potential there but lack the consistency. Plus we have always had the Frenchies number and I can't see that changing. They pose a threat, but their coach is a complete idiot.

-Ireland, Wales, Italy, Scotland all play similar types of rugby to the Poms, they rely on forwards and the occasional stand out back, none have really shown any form so far apart from perhaps Ireland who have no consistency whatsoever anyway and you would not bet your house on to win a final. They will nearly all destroy each other in the lead up games to the final anyway.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
We must be the enlightened one's WJ.

Let's hope the Rugby God's visit them soon. Peace be upon you, Joe Mac.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How are our opposition meant to play what's in front of them if even we don't know what we're going to put in front of them?

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
It's not the end of the world.

My missus is still a good sort.

With a large part of this group of players we should be able to field a strong team against the British Irish Lions, and a very strong team in 2015.

B

BRIX

Deans has only 2 years left on his contract and Rocky is getting older.

Status
Not open for further replies.