• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Valiant effort dies on the in-goal advertising hoardings. 36-39.

Conclusions:

• Bryn Hall MUST start. Persisting with Weepu is virtually professional negligence at this stage.
  • 3 pt difference after ref had awarded a try when the fluffybunny didnt even dot the ball down, stripped in goal.
  • That ref should be shot in the anus then in the ballsack and then hiffed out with the burnables on Monday morning. Then his remains should be crucified. Face first.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
This game shows why get need to sort the ref system out. The most bias shit i have seen this year

Can we just bring back neutral refs, no matter what the cost. Whats being served up at the moment is just atrocious bloody bollocks, and is pissing off fans no end (unless you're on the winning team of course).

After listening to the loig TMOs in action at the recent world cup, rugby has a lot to learn. Talks the movement through quickly, explains everything, and badabing badaboom , quick decision made.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Said I'd settle for 3 wins & 2 BP losses, got exactly that so should be happy but somehow I'm not, maybe because of this

Dismal Pillock

Valiant effort dies on the in-goal advertising hoardings. 36-39.

Conclusions:

Bryn Hall MUST start. Persisting with Weepu is virtually professional negligence at this stage.
3 pt difference after ref had awarded a try when the fluffybunny didnt even dot the ball down, stripped in goal.
That ref should be shot in the anus then in the ballsack and then hiffed out with the burnables on Monday morning. Then his remains should be crucified. Face first.
Dismal Pillock, Today at 1:42 AM

Highlanders have only themselves to blame for losing the plot with the opp'n down to 13 but if the refing in general & this call in particular were anywhere near as bad as DP & others are saying then Blues have every reason to be spewing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep Waiopehu,I am almost prepared to drop my rule of never criticising the ref, I was bemused (not amused) by the try that was awarded, if it was correct call,there are going to be some very interesting tries allowed over next while. The other thing that I did note, why home ground is such a big advantage, when Donnelly got YC for shoulder in ruck, the tv and replayed again about 3 times until the TMO and ref then said we better look at it, fair enough decision and all that, but when Parsons appeared to be headbutted, or cetainly smacked with shoulder almost exactly the same, it was not given the same replays, and ref or TMO didn't bother looking.
DP is right, I really think it time Piri wandered off up north and went into pasture, he really is getting quite bloody slow.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Yep Waiopehu,I am almost prepared to drop my rule of never criticising the ref, I was bemused (not amused) by the try that was awarded, if it was correct call,there are going to be some very interesting tries allowed over next while. The other thing that I did note, why home ground is such a big advantage, when Donnelly got YC for shoulder in ruck, the tv and replayed again about 3 times until the TMO and ref then said we better look at it, fair enough decision and all that, but when Parsons appeared to be headbutted, or cetainly smacked with shoulder almost exactly the same, it was not given the same replays, and ref or TMO didn't bother looking.
DP is right, I really think it time Piri wandered off up north and went into pasture, he really is getting quite bloody slow.

As a rule I also tend to not bag the ref, there's almost always other reasons for the result & unless you get a Dr Gerd (I'm guessing you're old enough to remember his dudding of the '76 AB v sethfrickens) ways to take the ref/TMO out of the equation. Bad calls come in 2 flavours, though: opinion & fact. If the ref/TMO looks at something & forms a different opinion to you, I or DP that's OK, but if he/they get a basic fact e.g. what constitutes a knock-on horribly wrong you do have to question why & how. I note that Veldsman is copping plenty on the Reds/Sharks thread for pretty much the same thing.

Weepu hasn't started well for a few seasons now but he's a class player so fingers crossed that like Genia last night he gets his mojo back. We're gonna need him when the poms hit town in June.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hell you guessed it Waiopehu, unfortunately or fortunately,I old enough to remember games before 76, even before 66:confused:, but I sure not blaming ref for result (I have never and won't start now) all I saying it was a VERY interesting decision. I must admit to having not caught the Reds game as yet, so will make sure I have a look. not sure Piri will get too much quicker during the season, and it is what this blues backline needs ,some quick ball!!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
This from stuff.co.nz

Blues coach Sir John Kirwan will ask Sanzar referees' boss Lyndon Bray to please explain following a controversial TMO decision in his side's 39-36 loss to the Lions in Johannesburg this morning.

Bray may find it difficult to argue with Kirwan, who labelled the decision to award a pivotal try to Lions fullback Coenie van Wyk "wrong".

After giving up a 23-point lead, the Blues launched a stirring second-half comeback with five tries in 30 minutes to display their firepower.

But the defeat saw them slump to a 1-3 record and only take two points away from their South African venture.

Kirwan lamented two costly yellow cards - to prop Charlie Faumuina and lock Tom Donnelly - but also felt the TMO decision came at a crucial time in the frenetic match.

With the Blues down 23-15, Charles Piutau seemed to force Lions centre Deon van Rensburg to knock the ball on five-metres out from the line, only for the third match official to rule the Blues utility had knocked the ball back, allowing van Wyk's try to stand.

"Playing with 14 men is tough, then the TMO call was wrong," Kirwan said today.

"There's calls that are going against us but we're not helping ourselves by not being in the game earlier.

"The TMO call was interesting at the best. It's general play. I'll be asking Lyndon Bray for a very strong verification. It came at a critical time when we were starting to flow. That's disappointing.

"Last week [against the Bulls] there was a double movement and they came back to us and said they got it wrong.

"Three weekends in a row we've had calls that have gone against us. It's frustrating and today was particularly frustrating because we'd got back into the game and we were on a roll."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to see Lyndon Bray has said the TMO cocked up twice in Lions/Blues game, first one was knock on that lead to try, and second one which I thought was so bad was the double movement, in last try by Lions, which to me had seemed so obvious I though I had missed something for it to be allowed, I had actully mentioned to Mrs Dan54 that I was actually wondering re refs- real hometown decisions etc etc, but really showed my limited knowledge of rules, and now Bray says perhaps I wasn't as dumb as accused myself of!!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Was that double-movement try in the Lions of Bulls game?

The one in the Bulls game was double movement as well.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Blues line-up named....best frikking bench ever.

Bloody hell SJK - just fkn start Hall and Benji.

blues lineup.jpg

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
gearing up for Highlanders vs Hurricanes later on oh yes

wft Auckland, Weepu better come out with his fucking shit working snappily because last week it looked like Porky Pig getting subbed for the goddamn road runner. Suddenly the backline was off to the fuckin' races.

i know JFK probably feels like he cant just start Triggs after Moli has slogged thru pre-season but wft JUST START TRIGGS.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Fucking Blues. Have tipped them every game so far as I've been expecting big things from them this year. As popular held definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, this week I have tipped the Cheetahs.

Hopefully the game today is a cracker. Been a shit week so looking forward to some rugby and beers. Thank god it's Friday.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Fucking Blues. Have tipped them every game so far as I've been expecting big things from them this year. As popular held definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, this week I have tipped the Cheetahs.

Hopefully the game today is a cracker. Been a shit week so looking forward to some rugby and beers. Thank god it's Friday.

Thank-you. I'm hoping that you have jinxd the Blues for the last few weeks so thank-you in advance....LOL

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Highlanders: 35
Hurricanes: 31

Don't let the score fool ya, WGTN do an Auck Blues and catch fire after an opening hour of plonkered gitsome ineptitude.

In hindsight, most of match seemed to be Otago tackling WGTN players inside WGTN half

Aaron Smith seemed to really look to prove a point vs TJ Perenara. v.sharp.

the AB fullback jersey should iHomo be Ben Smith's to lose. Piutau is shit hot, Dagg has the howitzer punt but man, Smith really does the business

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
1st half wasn't much of a game. Penalty kickfest. Both teams came alive in the second half. Hurry Canes left their run too late.

Bogan Barrett was impressive. Savea the Elder found his tits for hands again. Hurry Canes didn't deserve victory as they didn't take full advantage of their chances to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.