• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Enjoying the way the Chiefs are playing here. Stormers were doing very well to stay in touch and keep them out.

Dubious call to give the Chiefs a try on the half.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This Chiefs vs Stormers game is highly entertaining so far.

Chiefs really taking the game on.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Chiefs up 17-6 @ oranges, 2 tries v 2 pen & dominating territory & possession. Interesting call on the 2nd try from our Uncle Craig.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This Chiefs vs Stormers game is highly entertaining so far.

Chiefs really taking the game on.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
Chiefs really are good fun to watch. I love how their wings use the 5m spaces so well. Stormers look, um, one-dimensional (well two, if you count "going for intercept on outside rush-defence" as a dimension).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I couldn't believe what Cruden tried. How can someone be a professional player, have something like 30 caps for the All Blacks and not know a simple rule of the game?

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
I love watching the chiefs play, especially against the reds. Pity the reds dropped the final in Brisbane in 2012. Those two teams in a final is my idea of an entertaining night

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Strong finish by the Stormers. They do have some big fast backs coming through. Give them an attacking 10 and they could be a different side.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
BP try would be nice round about now
BP try NECESSARY round about now

& duly scored - wtf was Grant trying? kick long, chase & hope for the best is one thing (& for certain sethfrickens the only thing) but that was madness. Chur chur bro.

& a 5th for Latimer in his 100th. Hope my Crusaders can do as well later tonight.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I couldn't believe what Cruden tried. How can someone be a professional player, have something like 30 caps for the All Blacks and not know a simple rule of the game?
I thought it was worth a try,just needed to make it look more accidental!!!
Actually think Cruden is one of main reasons this Chiefs team is going so well,his general running at line and decision making is certainly up there with the very best!
By geez you get breathless watching those buggers play.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Bloody Chiefs fucked my margin point with the last try. They look the goods - always seem to have another gear into which to shift.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Crusaders 12-9, dominated the middle 20 but worrying that Rebels looked way better in the last 10, hoping it's not a repeat of the Blues disaster.

Forward pass call looking more & more dubious, almost as dubious as some of the scrum penalties, hope it doesn't become the most-talked-about call of the night or put another way, best it doesn't cost us the fucking game!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
A wins a win & all that but fuck that was ugly. Almost disappointed the sound was down, would've loved to hear Kearns & co's excuses. OK so were 2 from 2, @Dan54 your 4/5 isn't looking quite so far-fetched & @Dismal 16 is 20 in Marto Math & was that meat murder enough for ya? Bring on Clan v Force & 'canes v Cheetahs.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
A wins a win & all that but fuck that was ugly. Almost disappointed the sound was down, would've loved to hear Kearns & co's excuses. OK so were 2 from 2, @Dan54 your 4/5 isn't looking quite so far-fetched & @Dismal 16 is 20 in Marto Math & was that meat murder enough for ya? Bring on Clan v Force.
They were actually pretty honest in their assessment, sorry to disappoint you. Rebels didn't do enough, Crusaders did just enough.
Arm wrestle with 2 decent defences, but mostly stifled attack. A lot of kicking as a result.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
They were actually pretty honest in their assessment, sorry to disappoint you. Rebels didn't do enough, Crusaders did just enough.
Arm wrestle with 2 decent defences, but mostly stifled attack. A lot of kicking as a result.

Fair enough then, maybe they're saving their best work for when their 'tahs lose?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
ground-out meatmurder alright, Cantabland eke that one out backing their D and TTaylors penaltymanship. And Melbourne's lack of guile. Ball in hand the cantabs still hardly look likely.

Nadolo didnt even want to have a run. Didnt even want to tackle that winger tip-toeing down the sideline! Forwards should remind him he's 125 kg. At every break in play.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Canes vs Cheeters
A very exciting game is in progress at the Cake Tin. Not one that will enthrall the defensive strategists though, but there is plenty of ball movement so far.

20 minutes gone so far and no scrums. The Fatties are looking a little puffed out.

Edit:
Canes 17 Cheetahs 20. 30 minutes gone. 37 points scored. No scrums.

Edit:
Canes return service, and get meat out wide.
Canes 22 Cheetahs 20. 42 points in 31 minutes.

34 minutes. 1st scrum called. (about 10 knock ons missed or let go under the advantage rule).

Status
Not open for further replies.