• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
For some reason he seems to slow down almost to a stop just before contact when ball running.

It looked like all he was wanting to do was make sure he dropped his shoulder into the tackler. No attempt to fend and go for the quick pass at all.

Good to see some leadership out there...from Brad Thorn. Don't know what it looked like on TV but from the stands it looked like he was doing a lot of organisation. After the pathetic display against the Force it was good to get a win.
Ben Smith holding his hand up for the ALL Blacks 15 jersey.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I agree about B Smith teach, shit he looking bloody good at 15, I also think Piatau has looked pretty good in 15, so one of them is probably going to end up on wing, and thats not allowing for one I Dagg!

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
For some reason he seems to slow down almost to a stop just before contact when ball running.

It was painfully obvious last night, he always looked like he wanted to pass then remembered he wasn't supposed to. His scrummaging and defence was solid but every time he got the ball the attack was stifled.

Also how was the TJP flick pass for Barrett's try? Ridiculous.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
@teach, @Dan54 etc - before deciding on the gravy shouldn't we work out what the meat & veg are? I mean, should we (can we) hope that Woody & Keven have another year in them or relegate them to the WTS & ask the young blokes to step up against what will likely be a pretty decent England front row, esp once the Premiership GF players arrive for Tests 2 & 3.

Also, does Read remain (c) when Richie comes back? DOES Richie come back or cover 6/7/8 from the bench? What colour beads will Ma'a be wearing this year?

Come to think of it, maybe there needs to be an "All Blacks watch" thread - anyone keen to start one? I don't think I'm far enough up the tree to do it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This ref is annoying as hell

He's going to blow the pea out of the whistle if he keeps this up.

The players aren't helping by constantly making dumb infringements.

Bizarre call there to overrule the TMO.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
He's going to blow the pea out of the whistle if he keeps this up.

The players aren't helping by constantly making dumb infringements.

Bizarre call there to overrule the TMO.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
He looked short of the line. The Tmo can't say it's a double movement because it doesn't exist. I think the placement was ok. Just looked short

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Was a cheetahs player pushed over without the ball? Leroux that was terrible. Looked like a cheetahs player was pushed over while chasing the ball back?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
30' TRY! BLUES, MOALA, 21-13. Okay. The TMO stated no-try due to a double movement but Moala, but the ref has gone an overruled it and awarded the try! I'm sure we'll hear more about this one!
- See more at: http://livescore.planetrugby.com/temp/commentary.php?matchId=2964923#.Uy03u38aySO

there's no such thing as a double movement in union and i can't believe the kiwi commentators are talking about the arm carrying the ball touching the ground: that is frigging loig talk.
You can place the ball in any direction after the ball or the arm carrying it or your dick touch the ground.
But you cannot do what the Blue did and drive off and up with one leg once you are tackled. Higginbotham coughed up 3 points last night for far less.
This is the very poor argie ref again.
The bloke is not up to it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Exactly. Or to put it another way, WTF did the TMO actually say? And can a ref, having "gone upstairs" then disregard what the TMO says? And if he's going to disregard why go upstairs in the first place?

Umm - have you not noticed that the refs are calling it for themselves off the big screen without waiting for the TMO having sent it up to the TMO?
That's not the issue - they issue is that this ref is crap and has been for a long time. We can only do so much by way of charity for developing nations.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Definitely no try, you can't push yourself to your knees and propel yourself forward before playing the ball.

How the ref could over rule the TMO on something so black and white is beyond me.

Swings and roundabouts for the Blues - they benefit from the wrong ruling this time.

Both teams are willing to infringe and ref is whistle happy - not a good combination. I have no issue, for example, blowing the whistle for players 4 - 5m offside at the kickoff as the Cheetahs player was, but still, there's too many stoppages.

Agree with qwerty that he's not up to this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.