• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
you weren't at the game i was unfortunately at last night. the reds are not that good and the rebels will get worse
I'm not that worries about the bulls. The force can make the finals. It's up to them to get a minimum of 10 points over 3 games. If they can get 12 they will defiantly get a spot.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Cantabland not up to much there. Was certain they would run down the Canes though, as they always have done.

Perenara was really crap.

disappointing B.Shields has not kicked on.

Blokes with heavily strapped knees limping off within 10 mins, probably shouldnt have been out there in the first place, Vito & Leiua, perhaps Taufua too. "Player welfare" my arse.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Good news for Blues fans:

"Outside back Charles Piutau is fully fit and expected to return to the team after straining a medial ligament against the Chiefs on May 9."

Pleased to see him back & all but surely another week of rehab would've been a better idea?

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
I hope they play Piutau on the right wing with Visinia staying at fullback.

I think it's worked pretty well the other way for them as well.

The big thing is keeping the forwards firing like they did last week. Luatua needs to repeat that performance

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What is it with the Chiefs changing their backline completely every week? Don't they know what their best combination is by round 18?

If I had to give two reasons for why the Chiefs are currently ninth they would be:
  1. The backline has at least three players dropped to the bench every week. There's no teamwork/gameplan being developed.
  2. There are too many journeymen in the forward pack to be able to make a real impact.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
They have made a lot of changes, mind you they have had an incredibly bad run with injuries, so have never looked like settling on midfield combo!!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Chiefs vs Hurricanes 16-6 at half time.

This is good for Australia. Hurricanes with no bonus point will probably see them out of finals contention. Chiefs and Blues to play each other in the final round which could see one or the other out. If the Chiefs beat the Canes, the Crusaders beat the Blues and then the Blues beat the Chiefs. There may only be 2 NZ contenders in the finals which might leave room for the Force and Brumbies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nick Briant is clueless, those mid-field mauls are completely illegal. Moving the ball behind the man before contact.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Streakers at the Tron. They are either brave or silly or both. It looks like it is about 3 degrees over there.

The last thing you'd want to do is remove clothing.

I reckon the coppers should take the miscreant and dump them into the Waikato River. Leave their clothes on the opposite bank of the river.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Streakers at the Tron. They are either brave or silly or both. It looks like it is about 3 degrees over there.

The last thing you'd want to do is remove clothing.

I reckon the coppers should take the miscreant and dump them into the Waikato River. Leave their clothes on the opposite bank of the river.

Well at least the crowd thought it was funny. I saw they got a laugh out of Cruden too, lol.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez I enjoyed that, even if the Canes did lose. Canes misfield were outclassed, with Parkes there I not surprised, and I thought Cruden just ran the show completely for the first 60 minutes.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I thought Cruden just ran the show completely for the first 60 minutes.

yes, young One Nut well and truly had his feet under him there, maybe for the first time this season. C.Smith a huge loss in midfield, left them rudderless going forward. Tim Bateman? Very poor.

Chiefs D very much on the same page there, god help whichever LOSERS have to play them next week oh bugger its the Auckland Blues. PLEASE do not tell me the goddamn match is in Hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.