• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was surprised to hear the Dunedin streaker got a $500 fine, I guess that's why it's popular over there. Pretty sure you add a zero to the fine over here.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think it is $8000 the second you step on to Suncorp

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I was surprised to hear the Dunedin streaker got a $500 fine, I guess that's why it's popular over there. Pretty sure you add a zero to the fine over here.

And a life ban if it happened at the 'G. Never seen a streaker at AAMI park, kidding by usual fans I don't think id want to...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

Streaking in Dunedin? Is is so damn cold down there that only the most endowed males could perform the act and not end up with a shrivelled peanut to identify their gender.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
[quote="Dismal Pillock, post: 630327, member: 15318"

Chiefs D very much on the same page there, god help whichever LOSERS have to play them next week oh bugger its the Auckland Blues. PLEASE do not tell me the goddamn match is in Hamilton.[/quote]
Eden Park mate so you can relax!! And you right Chiefs D certainly looked like it was on same page.
You right about Bateman, he did nothing and Parks showed he is very much just a fill in player. Good to see Ardie Savea going well last night as well.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
"....... God help whichever LOSERS have to play them next week oh bugger its the Auckland Blues. PLEASE do not tell me the goddamn match is in Hamilton.

Relax, it's at Fortress Eden Park so provided SJK can find the Blues team that fronted last week rather than the one that didn't v Brumbies earlier in the season your imminent loss to my lot shouldn't hurt you too much"......

Only one game but how good was Ardie Savea? FAB fo' sho' & hopefully sooner rather than later what with Sam Cane's injury woes & Matt Todd's apparent career-stall - hell we can't even fall back on Latimer, he's off to Japan & as we all know Luke Braid is unselectable for some reason.

Was that the worst "tip tackle" penalty of all time? Dudes feet barely left the ground, back in the day (like last week) that's what you call a good hit. And as for the Retallick & I forget which 'cane tries, the fact is that when one decision was as fucked up as the other it doesn't matter that one goes each way. Shit calls, both & maybe a touch of square-up about the 2nd which was given with indecent haste.

@Dan54 good to see you're still happy, I guess you've been following these guys long enough to know what to expect this time most years. A bit like me with the Warriors lol.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hope the chiefs don't get away with that crap next week. Do they know how to play the game without cheating?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can already see one tactic from the Blues is to kick in behind Nadolo to get him to turn & chase after it. Not a bad tactic as he does look a bit slow going back to retrieve.

Nice dive from Nadolo & that's a try, only just, but its a try!

Play to the bloody whistle Saders! Blues are in, great side.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Halai the 100 metre try! Good thing he did as he was the only defender on a 'sure fire' Crusader try in the making

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Don't think I've ever seen the halfback get the ball off the top of a line out and pass to the winger standing 5 metres from touch to clear the ball. Not only that but passing it to Frank Halai who is standing on one leg, injured.

Had to log on to vent my anger at one, just one, astoundingly stupid pass. Cost them 3 points as well.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can't believe oppositions still hold off on Read when he starts that wide run, as well as not locking up the ball. He's pretty one-dimensional in that role (in a good way) in that he just takes the contact between two players drawing both in, gets an arm free and gets the offload to a free outside man.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Can't believe oppositions still hold off on Read when he starts that wide run, as well as not locking up the ball. He's pretty one-dimensional in that role (in a good way) in that he just takes the contact between two players drawing both in, gets an arm free and gets the offload to a free outside man.

Think he's spending more time complaining to the ref tonight than playing rugby.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well I jinxed Dan with that kick out on the full. That plus the crooked line out throw we are certainly inviting the Blues to come at us.

Now Slade kicks out on the full :mad:

Slade goes high into Nonu & the mouth guard goes flying again! In meantime I can hear those ACDC lyrics at the ground "you shook me all night long" - appropriate lyrics.

There was a sign at the beginning of the game that said "Nonu please don't hurt Dan". So I guess Nonu thought "fine I'll just belt Slade instead".

Status
Not open for further replies.