• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ Domestic comps

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Ok kick off night for NPC. Tonight's games the Naki vs Counties (if my Dad was still alive we would be supporting opposite teans)
And later on the Jafas play Wellington Lions. My life is now full again!!!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sky Open, their FTA channel, today ran an ad "Heartland Championship returns 17 August": given HC (& Farah Palmer Cup) games are sometimes played as curtain raisers to NPC that implies some FTA coverage.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sample size of one but the Law variations did seem to result in less downtime last night with the exception of a scrum in the second half that seemed to take forever to set.

Still a bit pissed they're sticking with the four-try BP even if you lose, it's gotta be changed to plus-three.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Sample size of one but the Law variations did seem to result in less downtime last night with the exception of a scrum in the second half that seemed to take forever to set.

Still a bit pissed they're sticking with the four-try BP even if you lose, it's gotta be changed to plus-three.
I enjoyed the sped up game, though I wall say the 30 seconds to set scrum is a bit quick, and one that will perhaps get taken out a little longer. I counted a couple went a bit longer to set last night with no apperent stuffing around.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Looks like there's going to be quite a few Aussies popping up in the NPC this season:

North Habour:
Tane Edmed
Ben Grant
Daniel Halangahu (Coach)

Southland:
Jake Strachan
Lachie Albert
Byron Smith

Hawke's Bay:
Ben O'Donnell
Lukas Ripley
Brock James (Coach)

Auckland:
Tuaina Taii Tualima
Ola Tauelangi

Manawatu:
George Blake
Lachlan Shaw

Counties Manukau:
Sateki Latu

Northland:
Richie Asiata

Otago:
Lachlan McCaffrey (Defense Coach)

This has definitely picked up over recent years, I wonder if we might soon see some changes/tightening around the rules, I'm not sure how much appetite there will be from NZRU for foreign players to take up more places.
Hudson Creighton for Otago now too

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez I enjoyed the shield game last night. HB winning 55-30, was a bloody great watch, a couple of teams throwing it around and having a real crack. Ben O'Donnel from Brumbies scored a couple of tries , first one was a joy to watch, he caught the ball just inches above the ground ,after diving after a kick. Hwe said after game he lost the ball in lights and just dived, suddenly it was there! Was interesting hearing how he enjoying the NPC, loves the camaderie and the fact there just seems to be a joy in the players throwing the ball and running etc.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Awesome game & I'm glad Northland didn't get a 4-try BP, you shouldn't be rewarded for losing by 25. The sooner they adopt the +3 try BP system the better IMO.

Last edited:

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well bugger me I loving this, Otago after knocking over Aux last week do same to the Bay today in another absolute ripper game today.
Then enjoyed the NH/Waikato game. And thought Tane Edmed had a bloody good game for NH, another who looks to be settling in and enjoying the rugby.

RemainingInTheGame

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good to see Tane doing well over there.

Might need to watch more NH games as Auckland hard to watch at the moment (and not just for me, TJ was blowing a gasket in the commentary box over the quality of the Auckland / Canterbury game yesterday!).

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Was amused to hear them laughing today, that Tane Edmed is getting called the Maori pronounciation of his name (making him more one of the boys etc) and Tane is actually Te Reo for man!