• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiker

Frank Row (1)
Newbie-could not agree with you more.After watching the earlier game where the Sydney U15's played,and took apart their KG side,I suppose there were expectations of more from the Sydney 16's.

Could not be further from the truth.As most of you would agree,as boys move up the ladder from club to reps to regionals etc,boys show that that there is a level that they will struggle at.In this case with the game v KG,sadly it showed that there were many boys way out of their depth.

It will be very important I would think that the boys in the Sydney side that play regular 1st's for their schools must be looked after,as they will determine the success-or not-of this side!Of those 1st XV boys I note there were a core of them on the side line-and the key to this side will be the the Trinity 1sts boys Clark,Orr and Afele,but also the Newington 1st's openside Morris-all out.Were these boys injured or just resting?

Syd U16 missed punch at the breakdown,and actual leadership in the forwards-but surely this will change with Morris,Orr and the likes playing.The first lineout the tall Sydney 2nd rower,who was at least a foot taller than his oppn jumper,was thrown the ball ,from his hooker,and it hit him below his shorts ..then the next one was not straight.I thought the props were ordinary and seriously ran out of steam as the game progressed.

Not sure how many trainings this side has had-I assume not many with the recent Sydney weather.However the coaching team,in my opinion are first class-Barkell and Sacker will be working hard on them and don't under estimate this team when all key boys are playing together,and with some time together at training!Just hope that the 6 on the bench on Sunday are fit.

Bill McLean (32)
I seen that too!

... The first lineout the tall Sydney 2nd rower,who was at least a foot taller than his oppn jumper,was thrown the ball ,from his hooker,and it hit him below his shorts ..then the next one was not straight.

You seen that as well ... lmao ... When I seen it I didnt know whether to laugh or cry!

I felt embarrassed to be honest with you when I started to think about the possible stories these Japanese kids will bring back home to their families and friends concerning the best of Sydney junior rugby.

Regards,

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
SJRU U/16 v. KG

For mine we have not seen a talented crop of U/16’s like the one's listed below in years!

Regards,

With the exception of their scrum almost all of the other set pieces were absolutely woeful! Not once were Sydney able to secure a receiving kick-off, in fact KG were able to steal every kick-offball with ease. The same applied when Sydney were kicking-off to KG; there was absolutely no pressure in the challenge! The line-outs too were at best ad-hoc!

I'm sorry but this was not a team of representative standard!

Regards,
Newbie[/QUOTE]

Second thoughts?

No.9

You have quoted first from Newbie's earlier post wherein he listed 12 players of high talent - only 5 of whom were Sydney Juniors.

You have then taken a quote from a later post about a Sydney Juniors game in which the team played poorly and in which I assume, though you don't make it clear, that the 5 players mentioned participated in. Perhaps you didn't know if they played or not, which you post look even sillier.

This reflects poorly on you:

- Either you were dissembling, or a best being a smartarse, in making it appear that the quotes were part of the same post.

- or you have a poor knowledge of rugby and honestly think that a team, which has 5 talented players in it, is not capable of playing badly.

Or both.

If it was for the first reason it was bad form and I hereby ask you not to do anything like that again.

Thank you.

Lee Grant

Bill McLean (32)
How dare you mis-quote me!

[/QUOTE]Second thoughts?[/QUOTE]

No9,

I take offence to you mis-quoting me by taking certain words from one of my posts and adding them to the words of another (and absolutely different) post, and then try to pass them off to others in this room as an actual singular post/quote belonging to me!

For the benefit of others is this room No9 has unconscionably taken paragraph 3 of my post at #1391 and added it to the heading I have used at post #1399. No9 has then tried to pass it off to you all as my actual singular quote in his post at #1403. He then uses this fake singular post/quote and uses it with another paragraph from my post at #1399 so that it seems that I am foolishly contradicting myself

No9 I find your behaviour in this instance to be absolutely repugnant! As a consequence I will be lodging a complaint with the keepers of this website. How dare you take my words out of context and try to misrepresent me! Grow up!

Newbie.

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Which hooker threw the dud throws ? Out of the two picked, I was impressed with Koutsoukis at the regionals, not so much Coffill although he was steady enough... Also, who was the jumper ? Takes two to tango...

From the sound of Spiker's post all the best players were on the bench !

Also, glad to hear Taufa and Winterstein got a call up... Particularly the former, it is amazing that he wasn't picked in the first place !

Bill McLean (32)
Which hooker threw the dud throws ? Out of the two picked, I was impressed with Koutsoukis at the regionals, not so much Coffill although he was steady enough... Also, who was the jumper ? Takes two to tango...

Also, glad to hear Taufa and Winterstein got a call up... Particularly the former, it is amazing that he wasn't picked in the first place !

Malcsy,

I said the same in my post too (i.e. all the best stars being on the bench). It defies logic why this occurred as this was a perfect opportunity to gel the team for the CJRU game, and of course National's. From my earlier posts I questioned the selection of certain players within this SJRU team and the performance on Sunday tends to support my view and/or opinion.

I will qualify my last statement by saying that I emphatically supported the selection of those players on the bench, and also advocated the inclusion of Winterstein and Taufa (I would also like to have seen the inclusion of Taiki, Niu and a few others but alas it wasnt to be).

Regards,

F

fan

From what i saw koutsoukis was on bench till second half

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Second thoughts?[/QUOTE]

No9,

I take offence to you mis-quoting me by taking certain words from one of my posts and adding them to the words of another (and absolutely different) post, and then try to pass them off to others in this room as an actual singular post/quote belonging to me!

For the benefit of others is this room No9 has unconscionably taken paragraph 3 of my post at #1391 and added it to the heading I have used at post #1399. No9 has then tried to pass it off to you all as my actual singular quote in his post at #1403. He then uses this fake singular post/quote and uses it with another paragraph from my post at #1399 so that it seems that I am foolishly contradicting myself

No9 I find your behaviour in this instance to be absolutely repugnant! As a consequence I will be lodging a complaint with the keepers of this website. How dare you take my words out of context and try to misrepresent me! Grow up!

Newbie.[/QUOTE]

Thought it was obvious that he had picked up two separate quotes, but I didn't see it so much as a contradiction as a statement of fact.

Regulars on this post will understand that both observations are accurate - this year's U16 is a very talented cohort

AND

SJRU 16s on Sunday played less than representative standard rugby - they need to improve & no doubt (hopefully) when the lads who were sat out for the fixture return, some cohesion and purpose will return with them, otherwise I, like many, fear for them at Nationals.

Bill McLean (32)
Regulars on this post will understand that both observations are accurate - this year's U16 is a very talented cohort

AND

SJRU 16s on Sunday played less than representative standard rugby - they need to improve & no doubt (hopefully) when the lads who were sat out for the fixture return, some cohesion and purpose will return with them, otherwise I, like many, fear for them at Nationals.

MOTH,

The offence was taken because I never posted "SJRU v. KG" and "the most talented group of U/16's we have seen in years" together in the same post/quote! No9 falsely manufactured the same!

To then take that manufactured quote/post and post it with another of my quotes, when read together they clearly contradict each other! That is the way I read it and I found it offensive! Others in this room also seen it my way too!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
MOTH,

The offence was taken because I never posted "SJRU v. KG" and "the most talented group of U/16's we have seen in years" together in the same post/quote! No9 falsely manufactured the same!

To then take that manufactured quote/post and post it with another of my quotes, when read together they clearly contradict each other! That is the way I read it and I found it offensive! Others in this room also seen it my way too!

Please don't get me wrong - not trying to defend his clumsy actions - the guy is an ass and should be wiped!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
MOTH,

Toughen up Newbie.... the guy was just contrasting two separate quotes from you. For a man of the Bar you're being far too delicate.

sprites

Bob McCowan (2)
I think everyone needs to calm down a little. Just keep in mind SJRU U16's only had one 'proper' training session in a gymnasium (of all places) in the week leading up to their FIRST GAME as a whole team. Also, they did pretty well considering the frantic pace and fitness of the K.G outfit not to mention the 2 year age advantage the Japanese had on them.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I think everyone needs to calm down a little. Just keep in mind SJRU U16's only had one 'proper' training session in a gymnasium (of all places) in the week leading up to their FIRST GAME as a whole team. Also, they did pretty well considering the frantic pace and fitness of the K.G outfit not to mention the 2 year age advantage the Japanese had on them.

So which is your son? So many of these boys play up a year or 2 so that's no excuse.

R

rockon

I agree with sprites, the u16s team did well to get that far ahead of a team like that. I was speaking to a parent of a trinity boy who went on their 2010 Japan rugby tour and there opens team lost to them. Pretty good for a team that is now winning the opens CAS comp. MOTH MAN

sprites

Bob McCowan (2)
Nevermind who my son is. In quoting you, 'So many of these boys play up a year or 2 so that's no excuse'. The only few that come to mind are Morris, Orr, Clarke, Williams and Cotton. But wait, didn't only two out of the possible five play in the game on Sunday against K.G? So that ulimately means that TWO of the 23 man team that played on Sunday had experience against boys of 17-18 years of age?

Before blaming a team for a poor performance after their FIRST GAME as a team which resulted in a win! Please get your facts straight.

Bill McLean (32)
U/16 Club Game!

Gentlemen,

There is a very good club game on this weekend at Canterbury's home ground, Wills Oval in Earlwood. It is a top of the table clash between Canterbury and Merrylands. After going through the sign-on sheets there will be no less than 11 SJRU and NSW School representatives on show at this game. They are;

Merrylands
1. Malaki Afele (SJRU)
2. Jamo Clark (SJRU)
3. Jake Roberts (SJRU)
4. Junior Satiu (SJRU)
5. Oliver Takiveikata (NSW Schools)
6. Trent Winterstein (SJRU)

Canterbury
1. Connor Finn (SJRU)
2. Christian Kagiassis (SJRU)
3. Vaka Maile (SJRU)
4. Michael Morgan (NSW Schools)
5. Hector Titterton (SJRU)
6. Addison Demetriou

Not many in rugby would know of this lad but I have added Demetriou here because this lad in an absolute gun player. He has now since moved to league (and will probably make his career there). He is team-mates with Morgan in the Bulldogs HM team (and actually made it into Bulldogs HM team when he was 14 which is somewhat exceptional). In addition he also made the U/16 NSW league team this year with Moeroa and Morgan, and last year made the U/15 Australian League team with Robert Wofgramm.

This will be some fixture!

Regards,

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Nevermind who my son is. In quoting you, 'So many of these boys play up a year or 2 so that's no excuse'. The only few that come to mind are Morris, Orr, Clarke, Williams and Cotton. But wait, didn't only two out of the possible five play in the game on Sunday against K.G? So that ulimately means that TWO of the 23 man team that played on Sunday had experience against boys of 17-18 years of age?

Before blaming a team for a poor performance after their FIRST GAME as a team which resulted in a win! Please get your facts straight.

That they won is not in dispute. That they played a school team of 18 yr olds - not in dispute. That SJRU are meant to be the very cream of their age for Sydney club rugby - they ought to kick the japanese schoolboys. Yes a win, but not as emphatically as many think they shoul have won by. Simple!

Bill McLean (32)
Toughen up Newbie.... the guy was just contrasting two separate quotes from you. For a man of the Bar you're being far too delicate.

CTPE,

I hear what you're saying but one of the quoted posts was a paragraph taken out of context by No9 which shouldn't be read without the rest of the quote from which it was taken. Anyway the matter is concluded with the assistance of Lee. BTW I assume you have read #1411 so we're all HAPPY CAMPERS now ... lol!!

Regards,

sprites

Bob McCowan (2)
That they won is not in dispute. That they played a school team of 18 yr olds - not in dispute. That SJRU are meant to be the very cream of their age for Sydney club rugby - they ought to kick the japanese schoolboys. Yes a win, but not as emphatically as many think they shoul have won by. Simple!

I know that the win and the age barrier is not in dispute but give them a break, they played their FIRST GAME as a unit against pretty tough opposition. Here's an example, the Queensland Reds (who we all know went on to win the Super Rugby title) played the Western Force in Round One....the Red's won 21-20. Round Two, they played the the Waratahs and got thumped 30-6. Two pretty poor performances but it shows that even great teams build on their past perfomances and the Red's were indeed, getting into gear and finding combinations much like what the SJRU U16's are most likely doing! Simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.