• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rockon

Couldn't agree more. The SJRU 16s is extremely poor. Most of the Trinity boys are luckey Whicker, Coffil and the likes. Winterstein should have been there, he was my man of the tornament! The Baa Baa's fullback im quite sure his name is Niuu and is the MSZ lock's name Anthony Vasilis?

lucky*, Whicker best 9 in the regionals without a doubt, name one other? Winterstein has been called up which is the word around my sons "face book" site and anthony vasilis played in the bah bahs and was knocked unconscious in the 2nd game of the tournament. (made nsw schools as well)

kiwi playing in Oz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Couldn't agree more. The SJRU 16s is extremely poor. Most of the Trinity boys are luckey Whicker, Coffil and the likes. Winterstein should have been there, he was my man of the tornament! The Baa Baa's fullback im quite sure his name is Niuu and is the MSZ lock's name Anthony Vasilis?

I think the Trinity .boys are deserving of their selections especially Whicker who missed our last year even though I thought he deserved selection. The selection of Coffill would be my only question mark. I couldn't see anything that gave him the edge over any other hooker except that he is in the JGS but correct me if I'm wrong. I can say though that Coffill is improving his game. Still wish the SJRU the best and hope they do well.

And for the dream team I would put Afele at 8 and Cam Orr at 4 or 5

Bill McLean (32)
I Agree!

I emphatically agree with you here, as do many others! However with respect to Vasilis I think you'll find he received the higher honour of being selected for the NSW Schools team!

Regards,
Newbie.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the Trinity .boys are deserving of their selections especially Whicker who missed our last year even though I thought he deserved selection. The selection of Coffill would be my only question mark. I couldn't see anything that gave him the edge over any other hooker except that he is in the JGS but correct me if I'm wrong. I can say though that Coffill is improving his game. Still wish the SJRU the best and hope they do well.

Coffil is not in the JGS he's in the JGRTC. At U16 level in NSW the ARU runs two programs - Junior Gold Squad which has about 56 boys in it from all over the State and the Junior Gold Regional Talent Centre which runs progams at 5 locations in Sydney and at about four or five other regional locations. Quite a few boys are involved in both programs. There were about 120 boys involved in the Sydney JGRTC's program in the last off season and at the end of the program they picked a Sydney U16 Merit Team. Coffil didn't make this team and surprisingly they picked a prop, Junior Satiu, in the starting hooker position. Maybe that says someting about the depth of young hookers at the moment.

I thought Coffil played really well at the State Champs but not as well at the Regionals. It will be interesting to see whether he or Koutsoukis gets the starting no 2 jumper for Sydney.

C

cold coffee

I emphatically agree with you here, as do many others! However with respect to Vasilis I think you'll find he received the higher honour of being selected for the NSW Schools team!

Regards,
Newbie.

Correct fellas - Vasillis was the captain until he was knocked out cold !

C

cold coffee

And for the dream team I would put Afele at 8 and Cam Orr at 4 or 5

I tend to agree with "kiwi p i O" a fully fit Malaki is devasting and a tremendous leader for team unity as well (not that this matters for the excercise) A fired up Cam Orr is exactly what a team needs on the park. His speed around the ground is getting better but most of all his aggression at the break down does let the opposition know who's boss. Looking for a fully fit Big O to step up to the next level whilst playing for Sydney....

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
You get that - maybe after some exchanges on Saturday we'll have things to say

Country Cockatoo's U/16's start their Victorian tour on Friday - have a game vs. Victorian Presidents XV Friday night and another game vs. Victoria U/16's on Sunday. Is anyone able to update or get results? That may spark some discussion as well!

Good luck to all the Boys and congrats on making the touring squad!

G

gdog9610

The city v country match is at Knox this year at least for 15's so probably 16's aswell

S

SmarterChild12

Term is starting up again for the boys, anyone got information on games this weekends? Key matches to watch?

C

Casnovian

When is the Sydney VS Country game being played and where at?

Latest advice - SUNDAY 7th August - 12.30 pm. Foreshore Park Sylvania Waters

Vs ACT - in Canberra - Sunday 18th September - where? - TBC

D

Dingdong

I’ve been having a look around and can’t find a draw for the under 16’s Nationals anywhere. Just looking at the results from 2009 and then the draw for 2010 and think this is how it works for tier 1 teams. Can anyone confirm please. Below is the seeding from 2010.

1 SJRU
2 Qld White
3 NSW Schools
4 Qld Red
5 Western Australia
6 Brumbies
7 NSW Country
8 Victoria

Based on last year’s format teams ranked 1,2,5 and 7 will be in pool 1 and teams ranked 3,4,6 and 8 will be in pool 2. Now I know that doesn’t sound right, having the top 2 ranked teams in the same pool but IT actually does make sense.
The top 2 teams in each pool, pool 1 Juniors and QLD White and pool 2 Schools and QLD Red play the bottom 2 ranked teams in their respective pools in their first 2 games and don’t actually play each other unless they progress into the semi finals. All teams play 4 games over 6 days. So, if this is right then the draw will be
Day 1
Pool 1
GAME 1 Juniors V NSW Country
GAME 2 QLD White V Western Australia
Pool 2
GAME 1 Schools V Victoria
GAME 2 QLD Red V Brumbies
Day 2
Pool 1
GAME 1 Juniors V Western Australia
GAME 2 QLD White V Country
Pool 2
GAME 1 Schools V Brumbies
GAME 2 QLD Red V Victoria
On another note, I was told by a very reliable source that any of the schools players that qualified for either the SJRU or Country team WILL be considered for the NSW Juniors team that play Qld in October. I was told by my source that “this is the first NSW U16’s team for 10 years and there’s no way we’ll leave players out who deserve to be there just because they were selected in the NSW Schools team” Traditionally this team is picked from the City V Country game. Unfortunately my source wasn’t able to shed any light on how they’ll pick it this year.

F

For the love of the game.

On another note, I was told by a very reliable source that any of the schools players that qualified for either the SJRU or Country team WILL be considered for the NSW Juniors team that play Qld in October. I was told by my source that “this is the first NSW U16’s team for 10 years and there’s no way we’ll leave players out who deserve to be there just because they were selected in the NSW Schools team

does this mean that the nsw schools boys can get 2 lots of nsw gear?

C

cold coffee

On another note, I was told by a very reliable source that any of the schools players that qualified for either the SJRU or Country team WILL be considered for the NSW Juniors team that play Qld in October. I was told by my source that “this is the first NSW U16’s team for 10 years and there’s no way we’ll leave players out who deserve to be there just because they were selected in the NSW Schools team

does this mean that the nsw schools boys can get 2 lots of nsw gear?

Does that mean Kellaway wont get a run because he didn't play Regionals? That word consistency will pop up again.

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
How did Leu Saipani the 12/ Inside from the Under 16s ACT team go in the State champs? Sorry if its late... I heard he scored a chip chase try.

Status
Not open for further replies.