• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Absolutely I do... I saw Jones at the Regionals and both he and Cotton are a long way away from AK (Andrew Kellaway) as fullbacks...
I think Kellaway will be playing most of his rep footy at Fullback. His kicking and counter attack is the best in the country for a 16 year old and when he comes up against quality defenders i feel he is wasted trying to take hit ups, when he can use his speed in counter attack. I think Tepai will be playing outside centre for most rep sides in this age group and Andrew will be at Fullback

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
OK I've moved Kellaway to 15 and slotted Tepai in at outside centre. Any comments on CC's suggestions? No doubt 10 will be contentious as will the back three in the forwards.

1. Sandell
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. Davis
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?
13. Moeroa
14. ?
15. Kellaway
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
OK I've moved Kellaway to 15 and slotted Tepai in at outside centre. Any comments on CC's suggestions? No doubt 10 will be contentious as will the back three in the forwards.

1. Sandell
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. Davis
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?
13. Moeroa
14. ?
15. Kellaway
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?
If Davis is the half then Deegan would be a chance of being the 10 as they had such a good combo at Schools. Pennisi would be the 7 and I would have him captain. I would probably have Tulloch on the bench and Morgan at 12, dont take that as an opinion on who is the better player as i dont think there is much between them i simply think Tulloch is a fantastic bench player is he is by far the most versatile back in NSW, you could put him at blindside wing and he would still make an impact.

R

rara10

If Davis is the half then Deegan would be a chance of being the 10 as they had such a good combo at Schools. Pennisi would be the 7 and I would have him captain. I would probably have Tulloch on the bench and Morgan at 12, dont take that as an opinion on who is the better player as i dont think there is much between them i simply think Tulloch is a fantastic bench player is he is by far the most versatile back in NSW, you could put him at blindside wing and he would still make an impact.

Dermo
Don't get me wrong and i know we have heard how Morgan was sick but i would put Winterstine in front of him based purely on the limited exposure i have had to them. And if Tulloch wasn't being moved around to accommodate others i think he would hold down a starting spot shame he seems to be good enough that coaches dont have to make the hard calls on others.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just to kick things along a bit....

1. Sandell
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. Davis
10. Deegan
11. Ah Cheung
12. Tulloch
13. Moeroa
14. Winterstein
15. Kellaway
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)

1. Sandell
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. Davis
10. Deegan
11. Ah Cheung
12. Tulloch
13. Moeroa
14. Winterstein
15. Kellaway
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?
Pennisi and Mccalman as flankers

C

cold coffee

I have a question ... who are the best in the front row... What about Jarrod Matairavula... ? Will he start for Schools ?

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)

1. Sandell
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. Davis
10. Deegan
11. Ah Cheung
12. Tulloch
13. Moeroa
14. Winterstein
15. Kellaway
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. ?
22. ?
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

You would have to have a fit Jake Roberts somewhere in the mix.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Question. When they pick the City, Country teams at then end of the season obviously Rory Davis will be the Country halfback so, for City would they pick Pat Curtin even if he hasnt played any rep footy, or do they pick someone else who performs well at nationals?

C

cold coffee

Question. When they pick the City, Country teams at then end of the season obviously Rory Davis will be the Country halfback so, for City would they pick Pat Curtin even if he hasnt played any rep footy, or do they pick someone else who performs well at nationals?

Why didnt he get picked at all ?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Pennisi and Mccalman as flankers

Great choices but as their best position is both 7 I could only have one of them in the starting side plus I'd want the team's 6 to be a bit bigger physically. McCalman to start for me with Pennisi on the bench.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Great choices but as their best position is both 7 I could only have one of them in the starting side plus I'd want the team's 6 to be a bit bigger physically. McCalman to start for me with Pennisi on the bench.
Pennisi is playing at 6 well for Joeys 1st XV and with the attacking ability outwide of Tepai and Kellaway, i think you would want flankers who are good in the rucks and not so much big running flankers.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have a question ... who are the best in the front row... What about Jarrod Matairavula... ? Will he start for Schools ?

He would be starting in my both Schools side and more than likely my starting NSW U16 side.

This age group has some great front row talent. Besides Sandell and Jarrod M there's Troy Smith who's currently injured, Lucas Bateman who is overseas and unavailable for selection - I think Dindong suggested he would have been a cert for the Schools team if available - and also Puippa Maa, Junior Satiu and Jackson McLean to mention just a few.

Given where front row play has headed in recent years being huge and a reasonable scrummager are no longer the sole prerequisites. Mobility, scrummaging technique, stamina and work rate are much more highly prized.

Status
Not open for further replies.