• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Your mate would have an absolute fit. Hahaha. It would kill him.
The thought occurred to me!
Last week I fully expected to have to defend a forfeit on here because of injuries, red shield appeal duties, school functions, dog washing and plain old no shows.
We just scraped in against opponents from another supposed super team one of whom had to leave at half time for league.
The talent at this age is spread amongst many demands.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The thought occurred to me!
Last week I fully expected to have to defend a forfeit on here because of injuries, red shield appeal duties, school functions, dog washing and plain old no shows.
We just scraped in against opponents from another supposed super team one of whom had to leave at half time for league.
The talent at this age is spread amongst many demands.
Gordon played a trial against a very big and strong well drilled country team up the coast. Gordon was short on numbers with sickness etc so there was not much chance of chatswood fielding a team. Apart from the ARU rules of how much rugby in a day. Lets wait for all the Sydney and state rep teams to get started and see how pushed these 25+ squads get pushed to field a team

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Another solution could be for Chatswood to "borrow" some lads from Mosman Hunters Hill or Wests to make the brave 12 remaining kids more viable and keep a team in the competition post JSC. MHH seem to have 32 players on their books, and Wests have 34 players on their books.

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
You'd have a lot more credibility if you mentioned all this before I did. Mate I'm not trying to turn you or your make believe mate into Gordon/chatswood lovers. Your dislike of these teams is your business. I trully hope your boy makes one of the rep teams and you learn that the power of rugby is the mates you make from all over. If this is your first boy trying to make it good luck. Most selectors and coaches truly want the best teams and over many years I have been at odds with some selections as I'm sure parents have been at odds with teams I have helped select or coach. I have made it a principle not to be involved in rep teams that have family involved. At the lowest level ie SC and it really is alow level this can be hard as it really is a parent run level.You stick to your story and your make believe friends story. I'm just trying to put a more balanced view fwd not convert you. Some of the disgruntled gordon people you have spoken to might also have an axe to grind

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

With due respect, having played 37 consecutive seasons I don't think there is much for me to learn with regard to rugby culture.

What I've said is the truth and nothing but the truth. If you choose to believe I'm making it up that's your prerogative.

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
Another solution could be for Chatswood to "borrow" some lads from Mosman Hunters Hill or Wests to make the brave 12 remaining kids more viable and keep a team in the competition post JSC. MHH seem to have 32 players on their books, and Wests have 34 players on their books.

What a magnificent idea. In fact that's exactly what my son's team did this year when their opposition was short. It is incumbent on all of us to ensure these kids get the run they desire and what better way for Chatswood to demonstrate their bona fides.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It's kids sport. Both sides have had their chance to put forward their arguments and offer rebuttal.

Any further and the discussion on what Chatswood Club U16 team may or may not do in SJRU competition after the JSC is likely to fall foul of rule 6.

With JSC not too far away, can we leave the "Told yer so's" until after the JSC and regionals?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Mhh did not have even 15: thats my point.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I knew of a team playing Under 16's many moons ago (they are all in their mid 20's now) that had 33 players on their books. Like Guiness Draught, they didn't travel well, and at one game they only had 12 players show up due to injuries, no shows, work, Thredbo, CBF etc. They started the game playing 12 vs 15 (and bench). The end result was that they had to forfeit the game when leading 38-5 with their 12 players.

Unfortunately one of their players got injured just after half time and could not play anymore. They were then unable to field the necessary 12 players to make it a game (as per rules). The opposition manager claimed the 28 - 0 forfeit at that point. A little petty, but the rules allow for that.

Some teams can make it in the 16's with 25 kids "on the books", but it is a close run thing each week and you need to have lots of CCC, and CHS kids. This is something that the East, North shore and Inner West are lacking in.

The reality is that teams in the North, East and Inner West need about 30-35 on their books to remain viable for all 14 rounds, plus rep duties, plus school games. Not many village clubs can muster those numbers at U16 level.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Lane Cove seem to be getting a bit of a towelling in the 16b comp - I wonder how their player numbers were at registration? For a next door team to enter a comp with 14 players, no matter what their intentions, seems a little odd and now unfair on the 12 remaining.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I knew of a team playing Under 16's many moons ago (they are all in their mid 20's now) that had 33 players on their books. Like Guiness Draught, they didn't travel well, and at one game they only had 12 players show up due to injuries, no shows, work, Thredbo, CBF etc. They started the game playing 12 vs 15 (and bench). The end result was that they had to forfeit the game when leading 38-5 with their 12 players.

Unfortunately one of their players got injured just after half time and could not play anymore. They were then unable to field the necessary 12 players to make it a game (as per rules). The opposition manager claimed the 28 - 0 forfeit at that point. A little petty, but the rules allow for that.

Some teams can make it in the 16's with 25 kids "on the books", but it is a close run thing each week and you need to have lots of CCC, and CHS kids. This is something that the East, North shore and Inner West are lacking in.

The reality is that teams in the North, East and Inner West need about 30-35 on their books to remain viable for all 14 rounds, plus rep duties, plus school games. Not many village clubs can muster those numbers at U16 level.

I'll bet his son was embarrassed that they took the forfeit. I assume they had a choice?

In the lineout

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm also going to bring up the U16 Chatswood issue again. Yet another forfeit...I don't give a flying $&"! What the excuses are about this. It's a blatant ethical abuse of the spirit of the rules

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm also going to bring up the U16 Chatswood issue again. Yet another forfeit.I don't give a flying $&"! What the excuses are about this. It's a blatant ethical abuse of the spirit of the rules

Which part of it?
I think there's more to it than meets the eye.
From information some key players in the Gordon rep team will not be playing next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.