• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
To completely change the topic away from selections, are there enough girls playing rughy to run a Carnival for them over the Long Weekend?

Perhaps a sevens carnival at Under 15's and Opens?

It is an Olympic sport. Our Women's team is one of the worlds best, yet our female player pyramid seems to be almost non existent. We can't keep on raiding Touch and other womens sports for talent can we?
as long as theyre not from the Barbarians U15 side we can apparently......:eek:

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
To completely change the topic away from selections, are there enough girls playing rughy to run a Carnival for them over the Long Weekend?

Perhaps a sevens carnival at Under 15's and Opens?

It is an Olympic sport. Our Women's team is one of the worlds best, yet our female player pyramid seems to be almost non existent. We can't keep on raiding Touch and other womens sports for talent can we?

How is this on topic?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The thread is NSW JRU State Championships 2014.

Simple question, are there enough girls playing junior rugby to hold a carnival (7's, 10's or 15's) for them in conjunction with the 2014 NSW JRU State Championships?

In the lineout

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've heard that yet again Chatswood U16's have forfeited another game. Is this just a blatant defiance against the ethics of our game?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So why???..can the SJRU continue to turn a blind eye to what is obviously going on. They should not be allowed to continue in the competition and therefore, effectively, Gordon will not be anle to field a team.

It does seem to be a bit much.
The cynic might think that all the relevant kids are qualified for state champs so it has served its purpose. For any that have ambitions in zone or beyond i repeat my information is they must play after state champs to retain eligibility.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So why???..can the SJRU continue to turn a blind eye to what is obviously going on. They should not be allowed to continue in the competition and therefore, effectively, Gordon will not be anle to field a team.

I think that it was posted a page of 2 back that the SJRU/NSWJRU rules only specify a minimum number of matches to be played BEFORE the championships. Assuming that the information supplied about Chatswood/Gordon 16s is correct they appear to be acting within the letter of the law, but perhaps not operating in the spirit in which the rules were written.

Of course, running these championships at the end of the village season, as I advocate, would not allow this situation to occur. As long as the championships are held half-way through the village season, it is very difficult to stop rorts like this.

Again assuming that your information is correct, I agree that it is a disgrace and the club needs to look at its ethics.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Clubs need to ask their SJRU delegate to lobby the SJRU committee. If it is as is asserted, chatswood should be asked to show cause as to why they should not be ejected from the competition, thereby invalidating all their rep players eligibilities.

Only 1 question needs to be asked & answered which is more important? The integrity of the entire competition or rep rugby?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
http://juniors.rugby.com.au/Portals...es - 2013 - Version 10 - 20130426 - Final.pdf

SJRU Rule 5.5.(H)
The Competition Manager may disqualify any Team that forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season. If a Team forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season, they will be required to furnish an explanation to the Competition Manager as to why they should remain in the Competition. In this instance the Team will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition and Competition Rule 3.13 will apply and / or the Team will become ineligible to participate in the Final Series.

In the lineout

Allen Oxlade (6)
quote="Hugh Jarse, post: 610610, member: 2072"]http://juniors.rugby.com.au/Portals...es - 2013 - Version 10 - 20130426 - Final.pdf

SJRU Rule 5.5.(H)
The Competition Manager may disqualify any Team that forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season. If a Team forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season, they will be required to furnish an explanation to the Competition Manager as to why they should remain in the Competition. In this instance the Team will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition and Competition Rule 3.13 will apply and / or the Team will become ineligible to participate in the Final Series.[/quote]so they will not be able to play in the final series....don't think this would really worry them given they have no obvious intention of lasting past June long weekend.

Understand this is the rule. If they do play in the State Champs, which I am sure the SJRU in their wisdom will let them do so, then none of those players should be picked for further rep honours. This is a pity as there are boys here I am sure want to play but are being guided by self obsessed trophy hunting committees. At the same time there are some boys who have no intention playing a full rugby season and will skip back to loig after each rep weekend.

Fat Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sydney 16's calendar includes as I understand City v Country post zone trials then in September a watered down U16 tournament including schools, SJRU, Country, ACT, and maybe others which is still being finalised. Not sure what is happening with NSWJRU teams.

Eligibility for the Sydney team and the September tournament regardless of whether you make the initial Sydney team should depend on your commitment to and performance in the Sydney village club competition for the remainder of the season. NSWJRU teams should not be picked prior to that September tournament.

The SJRU and NSWJRU committees should call an extraordinary meeting and pass a rule preventing teams from blatantly flaunting the eligibility rules for the State Champo's, or get rid of the State Champo's.

the A grade comp in the 16's should be a district comp, it is now anyway despite the SJRU not wanting to call it that. Do this and get rid of the State Champo's, pick Sydney teams at the end of the year. Problem solved.

In the lineout

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sydney 16's calendar includes as I understand City v Country post zone trials then in September a watered down U16 tournament including schools, SJRU, Country, ACT, and maybe others which is still being finalised. Not sure what is happening with NSWJRU teams.

Eligibility for the Sydney team and the September tournament regardless of whether you make the initial Sydney team should depend on your commitment to and performance in the Sydney village club competition for the remainder of the season. NSWJRU teams should not be picked prior to that September tournament.

The SJRU and NSWJRU committees should call an extraordinary meeting and pass a rule preventing teams from blatantly flaunting the eligibility rules for the State Champo's, or get rid of the State Champo's.

the A grade comp in the 16's should be a district comp, it is now anyway despite the SJRU not wanting to call it that. Do this and get rid of the State Champo's, pick Sydney teams at the end of the year. Problem solved.

Fat Cat, couldn't agree with you more. It is a simple fix really. Will just take a higher authority within the rugby community with some "balls" so to speak to make changes

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
It wasn't long ago I was being attacked for being a critic of the empire builders and the self indulgent but there you go. Of course Chatswood should be thrown out of the comp. Let the kids who want to play go to Wahroonga, they're struggling for players, and pick the Gordon side from there.

I also agree with Fatcat to an extent re turning 16's into a district comp as the trend towards super teams has been established. My preference would be to to stop the formation of super teams but either option is better than the current situation where a club like Dural can be thumped by 50 pts against Raptors (Hawkesbury and Rooty Hill) which doesn't benefit either side, and then to have a competitive 3 try's each against Eastwood on the same day. The village club game seems pointless to me.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Who are these super teams?
The one I called you on: Mosman/HH played yesterday with 15 men (one of whom played c's I think), including a winger at 7 who then moved to half when the half got injured. They lost to chatswood and were somewhat lucky to beat Wahroonga having been flogged by the raptors.
This is no super team it is held together by hard work from coach and management and a lot go gaffer tape.
To my observation Beecroft in C's would beat Mosman/HH in A's.
The Raptors seem to have teams in many ages - are they amalgamated or true village clubs

Druid

Herbert Moran (7)
The Raptors (formally known as Rooty Hill) are a true village club, with the exception of the Under 16s which is pretty much the Penrith Rep team, although no formal amalgamation. Up until this year Hawkesbury and the Raptors shared the Rep Team players, however this year Hawkesbury were unable to get the numbers to form a team after the coach left Hawkesbury and went to Raptors and hence the consolidation of the Rep players to the Raptors. Bearing in mind though that there are only 3 Junior clubss in the Penrith district (Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury and Rooty Hill).

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
The Raptors (formally known as Rooty Hill) are a true village club, with the exception of the Under 16s which is pretty much the Penrith Rep team, although no formal amalgamation. Up until this year Hawkesbury and the Raptors shared the Rep Team players, however this year Hawkesbury were unable to get the numbers to form a team after the coach left Hawkesbury and went to Raptors and hence the consolidation of the Rep players to the Raptors. Bearing in mind though that there are only 3 Junior clubss in the Penrith district (Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury and Rooty Hill).

Yes Druid, I understand that is the case with the Raptors and while it is unfortunate that there is such a gap between them and other sides I believe they have entered the comp in good faith - unlike our friends at Chatswood.

Status
Not open for further replies.