• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2025

Rudderless

Trevor Allan (34)

THIS THURSDAY, 26TH SEPTEMBER 2024, THE AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLBOYS WITH PLAY IN A TRIALS TOURNAMENT WITH TWO RUGBY AUSTRALIA U18 TEAMS.​

Date: Thursday 26th September 2024

Match 1:12:00pmAus 18’s Gold vs Australian Schoolboys
Match 2:12:55pmAus 18’s Gold vs Aus 18’s Green
Match 3:1:50pmAustralian Schoolboys v Aus 18’s Green

Rules: Each match will be played as 40-minute games, 20 minutes each half, with a 5 minute half-time.

Streaming: Each match will be streamed on NSW Rugby TV

Spectators: Welcome

Photography: ASRU will cover the event with photos on ASRU Image Platform and Facebook

Australian U18’s Gold will wear GREEN jerseys for Match 1 vs ASRU Australian Schoolboys to avoid colour clash.
Australian U18’s Gold will then wear gold jerseys in Game 2.
Australian Schoolboys will wear the same jersey they will wear in Fiji the following week against Fiji Schools.
Todays Gold and Green teams will comprise of boys chosen in the extended Aust u18 Development Squad previously announced…

Selected players will assemble for a camp in Canberra later this month, where they will compete in trials against an Australian Schools squad.

A 26-man squad will then travel to NZ in October to face the New Zealand Barbarians and New Zealand Schools.

1727299449733.png

woefulwinger14

Frank Row (1)
Just a note from today’s Australia U18 squad announcement. I personally am astonished Marshall Le Maître hasn’t made the cut. In the past year or so he has played and captained all teams he has played in, including but not limited to: SHORE’s premiership team, AAGPS 1st, Waratahs U18. Also he was placed in the PONY squad all throughout 2024.
The only reasoning I could place for his non-selection is a personal reduction from the squad.
Regardless of this selection I wish the Aus U18 team the best in the various upcoming games.

-WW

Mule

Ted Fahey (11)
Just a note from today’s Australia U18 squad announcement. I personally am astonished Marshall Le Maître hasn’t made the cut. In the past year or so he has played and captained all teams he has played in, including but not limited to: SHORE’s premiership team, AAGPS 1st, Waratahs U18. Also he was placed in the PONY squad all throughout 2024.
The only reasoning I could place for his non-selection is a personal reduction from the squad.
Regardless of this selection I wish the Aus U18 team the best in the various upcoming games.

-WW
Is MLM injured after this weeks trial games?

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)

-WW
Fair comment and he’s been outstanding this year but it can be considered a good thing that just because you make the PONI squad doesn’t automatically get you a jersey.

Could be injured though so really unsure.

Fair comment and he’s been outstanding this year but it can be considered a good thing that just because you make the PONI squad doesn’t automatically get you a jersey.

Could be injured though so really unsure.
Pretty bad for some of the boys who’ve committed themselves to union all year to get dropped when leaguies who played their SG Ball season and schools league get picked in the 3rd and final squad selection and then make the trip. What message are we sending to the boys in future years. Loyalty doesn’t count

Mule

Ted Fahey (11)
Pretty bad for some of the boys who’ve committed themselves to union all year to get dropped when leaguies who played their SG Ball season and schools league get picked in the 3rd and final squad selection and then make the trip. What message are we sending to the boys in future years. Loyalty doesn’t count
Or the mothballed PONI* players didn’t play enough rugby GAMES and came up short? Thought they’d be an auto pick and didn’t prepare/play well enough this week?

13 of those in PONI* all year and didn’t make the cut!

*https://www.rugby.com.au/news/preli...n-u18s-build-towards-new-zealand-tour-2024328

Mule

Ted Fahey (11)
When were they mothballed? They played Tahs vs Reds in February and a full school season and school association games
They then didn’t play the ASRU tournament….

the 13 PONI that aren’t going to NZ (top squad) or Fiji (ASRU):

Bennett Armistead (Reds)
Bailey Bouquaiux (Brumbies)
Dylan Bretton (Brumbies)
Toby Brial (Waratahs)
Tom Hartman (Waratahs)
Talia'uli Latukefu (Brumbies)
Marshall Le Maitre (Waratahs)
Lehopo Leota (Reds)
Jay McKenzie (Waratahs)
Charlie Poynton (Waratahs)
Treyvon Pritchard (Reds)