• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2025

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Fair few rowers

Dooley (J) 1st VIII x3
Galligan (E) 1st VIII
Baker (K) 1st VIII x2 (Kings 1st XV Captain)
Conna (I) Stroke 2nd VIII

Some good cricketers too
Oxenham (K) captained the AAGPS First XI, Johnson (S) opened the bowling
Grover (I) First XI

Large (S), Hartman (I) and Warner (N) in Athletics

Arnautovic (J) is a handy basketballer.

Crashy

John Solomon (38)
Out of interest, when Shore is referenced with an E - is that from the England in their official name?

Mudgee Mudcrab

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wendt (E) Basketball in summer I believe he played 1sts last year before the rugby season
Stock (E) Water Polo
Armstrong (E) Shotput Athletics
Scammel (E) Rowing
Dooley (J) Rowing
Adlam (S) Cricket

Last edited:

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
I'd just like to comment on how close the 2024 GPS season was. The team that came last even beat the team that won the competition. I prefer this style of GPS rugby rather than just have a juggernaut dominate the competition, and the whole season be 'who can disrupt the premiership surge of ...', which this was seen in 2023 with Kings. I think the next two years of GPS rugby will follow a similar format to the two years prior to 2024; Joeys a juggernaut in 2025 (like how they were in 2022), then Kings a juggernaut in 2026 (like how they were in 2023). This is backed by the amount of year 11's in the 1sts at Joeys in 2024, who will be there next year, and the current group of year 10's at Kings who were in the 1sts in 2024.

In 2025, I think the comp will either go to Joeys or Kings. Kings was the only team to beat Joeys on both occasions this year, and Joeys vs Kings in 2025 will be like a rematch of 2024, as the 1st XV's from both schools have many returning players.

Springbokbreaker

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys' potential victory in 2025 hinges on their experience and talent, especially since Kings managed to defeat them twice this year. The rematch in 2025 is expected to be competitive, but Joeys' returning players will give them an edge, making them strong contenders for the championship.

Joker

Staff member
Important news

I have been asked by several members about discussing athletics. In response, I have started a thread here.

https://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/aagps-athletics-2024.19741/

Same rules apply of course as it is a schoolboy thread. I look forward to a spirited athletics season.

Simon.jpg

burritobokky123

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys' potential victory in 2025 hinges on their experience and talent...
Could not agree more. The passion and grit these boys have is sensational and cannot wait to see the returning players. This rematch will be all mental leading into the game. Both schools must get amongst it and support all the boys as it'll be the one of the greatest matches for 2025.