• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mule

Ward Prentice (10)
U16 Waratahs announced
IMG_2196.jpeg
IMG_2195.jpeg

rugby-OG

Stan Wickham (3)
Screen Shot 2024-07-29 at 6.20.19 pm.png

Here is what the ladder is looking like ..... a bit late but still interesting
it will be such a thrilling race to the last game, will Joeys keep on good form and take what is there's, will shore snatch it from underneath them or will Scots fight their way back into contention? I think it will all go down to that final Joeys v View game

Cauliflower Ear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Henry Hutchison view, Nathan Lawson Newington, Henry Paterson Waverly, James Turner Newington just to name a few in the aus 7s
ahhh Henry Hutchinson, taking me back too the good ol'days of Riverview Rugby. Great mixture of elite speed/gruelling physicality, probably one of Riverview's finest products as the highest try scorer for Australian 7's. Also remember watching Henry Patterson playing in a few powerful Waverly teams, awesome to see other avenues for players that have different skills sets/strengths.

play out back

Peter Burge (5)
ahhh Henry Hutchinson, taking me back too the good ol'days of Riverview Rugby. Great mixture of elite speed/gruelling physicality, probably one of Riverview's finest products as the highest try scorer for Australian 7's. Also remember watching Henry Patterson playing in a few powerful Waverly teams, awesome to see other avenues for players that have different skills sets/strengths.
yeah Henry Hutchison was something special and jack McGregor were a deadly combination

The Mauling Monster

Bob McCowan (2)
Have Joeys usually had more players in this squad in previous years??? Is this evidence of a diversifying selection pool or the possibility of a weak year at Joeys?

Scots, Kings and Newington with many names. A bit speculative, but all we have to go off for a possible 2026 competition.
Was thinking the same thing. Only one Joeys boy is surprising to me. Still blows my mind about Justice's age, keep thinking its his last year. 2026 should be an exciting year.

rugby-OG

Stan Wickham (3)
Have Joeys usually had more players in this squad in previous years??? Is this evidence of a diversifying selection pool or the possibility of a weak year at Joeys?

Scots, Kings and Newington with many names. A bit speculative, but all we have to go off for a possible 2026 competition.
tells tales about the age group......
not having one player in their year group (excluding Justice, because I am pretty sure he is in year 11) in the U16 waratahs
although I am not sure how their year group is fairing in the U16s GPS comp.
as we continue to repeat, 2026 is a year to look forward to with much anticipation.....

tight5

Frank Nicholson (4)
Heinz Lemoto, we all know how much of a standout player he is at Scots, has shown great promise with his full throttle running and staunch defence. I believe if he refines his rucking skills and increases his involvement, he could become a crucial asset in securing possession and scoring opportunities for his team, potentially leading them to greater success.

Thoughts Boys?
Agree! He played union at Gordon as a junior out in the centres. Pickup work rate at the rucks

Balmain Subbies

Billy Sheehan (19)
Clearly missed? The ref and his touchy seemed very much on the spot, doubt he missed anything. None the less, well done to Scots, they are greatly improved upon compared to round 1.
Have to disagree with you on that. Standing on the OB Pavilion right in front of two of the held ups, it was clear the ball touched over the line and the refs was just obstructed by the player. I understand the improvement by Scots is down to the head doc that has come in and has them focusing on working as a team

ManOSteel

Stan Wickham (3)
New list!

Hardest venues to play at (From a shockingly terrible rugby player who only spectates)

1. View-There support numbers are great but I'm more referring to the swamp aspect. Seen better irrigation in third-world countries. Might as well be considered a mud run on a rainy Saturday. Those boys however are very used to these conditions which is why I question the school's decision to host View vs Joeys at Leichardt in regards to winning the game. Would make a great advantage for view if the game was there I feel

2. Joeys- Conditions of the ground are great and besides the occasional mudslide along the spectator seats it's a great experience (Canteen prices are dreadful) Joey's however has by far the best school turnout of any GPS school and clocks some extremely loud warcries far above any other school in my opinion. You can tell the boys just breathe rugby and it's a lot more then a game for both players and spectators.

3. Kings- Proud to say my college has by far the most beautiful grass in the GPS but I've always thought the turnout for games isn't amazing but the boys that are there scream their hearts out. Really hope Kings continues this maintenance of the ground and am further hoping for some more attendance even in a year where we are not destined to be premiers. The hardest part however would probably be the 40-minute trip out!

4. Shore actually really like the design of the shore fields and stands but lack luster attendance lets them down fairly often. However, they can be loud when necessary and would be dead average on this list in my eyes. (DEFEND THE BRIDGE)

5. Newington- decent ground quality but let down by their supporters I'd say. Actually heard a parent yelling for the Newington boys to do some of their own war cries in response to riverviews when watching the live stream.

6. Scots- Very little attendance however did meet Brad Fitler at one of the games (Lovely bloke). Ground quality is poor and the supporters will only be seen yelling once a try is scored. Definitely Not the finest from the Bellevue boys yet they've still put on some stellar performances this year.

Would love some opinions, especially from @Joker

-Superman

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Have to disagree with you on that. Standing on the OB Pavilion right in front of two of the held ups, it was clear the ball touched over the line and the refs was just obstructed by the player. I understand the improvement by Scots is down to the head doc that has come in and has them focusing on working as a team
The shrink earned their call out fee!

Status
Not open for further replies.