• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
My great grandson and I were watching the rugby sevens and he was telling me that he had a rugby sevens boy in his year at (SJC) Ben Dowling who is competing in the Olympics and he wanted me to see if theres any former gps players representing any countries.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Caesar
Caeser, captain crash here
There is also a saint Ignatius boy representing australia in the sevens Henry Hutchison, quite a player I am told.
regards
captain crash

ManOSteel

Stan Wickham (3)
Maybe a bit controversial question but what direction would Newington be heading in with their co-ed plans for the college? One similar to Barker I'd assume
(In no way discussion of the actual decision just wondering if any Newington boys are aware of any plans for the rugby program)

-Superman

Love2Ruck

Frank Row (1)
I was at the TSC and Joeys game. Great game of rugby by both teams in the 1st XV and 2nd XV. Did everyone have a team listing of the Joeys 2nd XV against TSC on Saturday, as I would like to view the replay with player's names. Maybe someone from the Joeys community might know.

Thank you in advance

The_Lock

Frank Nicholson (4)
dont think they are going to have much affect on the rugby program
It may not directly affect the performance of the rugby program as they will continue to invest in some talented musicians who also happen to be good at rugby. However, both this and the transition to coeducation will see the culture of the school overall and the 'footy culture' detiriorate significantly.

play out back

Peter Burge (5)
yeah ben dowling from joeys was a standout he was the one that gave Riverview that devastating lost in 2020 on the bell with his chip and chase try he is very calm and collective when know one was there because of lockdown

Srgnt Short Ball

Chris McKivat (8)
It may not directly affect the performance of the rugby program as they will continue to invest in some talented musicians who also happen to be good at rugby. However, both this and the transition to coeducation will see the culture of the school overall and the 'footy culture' detiriorate significantly.
don't know about 'the deterioration of footy culture'. I would be worried about funding cuts.

Kings Rugby DAD

Bob McCowan (2)
Must saying after watching the replay of the View vs New game, Isaac Perkins after playing 16a's fro Riverview had a very strong 5 minutes of dominate tackles off the bench. He has certainly held his own when starting against Shore and Joeys aswell. A name that should be seen in Gen Blue 16s I believe.
KRD

Joker

Staff member
Maybe a bit controversial question but what direction would Newington be heading in with their co-ed plans for the college? One similar to Barka i'd assume
(In no way discussion of the actual decision just wondering if any Newington boys are aware of any plans for the rugby program)

-Superman
I assume it will continue as per usual. The big issue will be construction of girls only training venues like hockey, netball etc. Barker struggled in rugby in their early days of coed but solved the issue with $$$$ (which the CAS schools do). I am not sure if league clubs will continue to use the “parking station” at Stanmore (again legal)

Joker

Staff member
BTW

Don’t engage with those who have come here to cause trouble. Starve them of attention and never respond. The mods are working hard. Soon I shall be wielding actual power and not being the ceremonial prince of darkness.

9CEDDF74-C6A9-4341-B598-49AADAF2B209.png

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
3rd XV Round 4 Report
What an amazing round it was with upsets and surprises. The two remaining undefeated teams were beaten and there are now only two competition points separating the top six teams. With three rounds to go the 3rd XV competition is wide open.

Competition Table
Scots 6
Grammar 6
Riverview 5
Shore 5
Joeys 4
Kings 4
TAS 2
High 0

Grammar 17 d Scots 15
What a match it was at Rushcutters Bay, as Fortress Weigall defended yet another attack. Grammar led the undefeated Scots team 7-5 at half time and managed to hold on for a 17-15 victory. Scots missed a conversion from the sideline to tie it up on full time. This upset is the first loss that the Scots 3rd XV has had since 2022, and it means that Grammar and Scots are equal on top of the competition with three rounds to play. Well done to Grammar on bouncing back after the loss to Joeys last term.
If either or both of these two teams can win their last three rounds, they will win or share the premiership.
  • Grammar will play TAS, High and Shore.
  • Scots will play Riverview, Shore and TAS.
Kings 19 d v Shore 17
The second undefeated team to suffer their first loss of the competition on the weekend was Shore. Shore previously had a draw with Riverview, but in a big upset on JS White Oval, Kings toppled them by two points. Kings are now definitely on the up and only two competition points behind the leaders. They are not out of it but need all four of the teams ahead of them to lose one more match each. Not impossible but I won’t be betting on it. Shore can still win the competition. They are only a single point behind Scots and Grammar. As they are yet to play High, Scots and Grammar, three wins would hand them their first official 3rd XV premiership since 1951.

Riverview 40 d TAS 0
A big win for Riverview at Lane Cove over the travelling TAS team keeps Riverview well and truly in the competition. Their remaining games are against Scots, Kings and Joeys, so they need to win all of those and hope that someone else can topple Grammar. Once again, it’s possible but I won’t be holding my breath. Meanwhile it was a disappointing loss for TAS after their good win over High last round. They play Grammar, Joeys and Scots to finish the season and that will be a difficult run home for them.

Joeys 66 d High 0
It was a repeat performance at Hunters Hill as Joeys easily accounted for the High 1st XV with a similar score to the trial earlier this year. For High it has been another long season. They play Shore, Grammar and Kings for their final three matches and there are no easy games there. In true INP fashion I have determined a scenario where Joeys 3rd XV can still share the premiership:
  • Joeys beat Kings, TAS and Riverview in their remaining three games.
  • Riverview beat Scots (round 5)
  • Scots beat Shore (round 6)
  • Shore beat Grammar (round 7)
It should be a fascinating final three rounds to determine the premiership in one of the tightest races in recent years.
INP

Status
Not open for further replies.