• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysfromtheBxW

Allen Oxlade (6)
My analysis on every teams road to the end of the season

1st Joeys 10 points-
Looked extremely good last term and we’re holding a strong position in 1st for the main part of last term. They only lost to kings in a tight match. Questions now roam around whether they can hold there strength and be named premiers after a tough loss to Scot’s yesterday. There upcoming fixtures are Kings at home, Shore at shore for shores old boys day (I think this will be the game of the season), and finish off with there rivals Riverview. They have a tough draw ahead and they will be tested to the max.

2nd Shore 8 points- They started off the season extremely slowly and many people counted them out in the first few weeks. In the last few weeks of term 2 they started a strong run and put themselves into 2nd coming into the holidays. They had a strong win over Kings yesterday with the likes of Marshall Le Maitre, Rex Bassingthwaite and Jai Callaghan all proving massive threats. They are looking extremely strong and are ready to prove there point in the last few weeks of the season. With a fairy tail finish if they were to go undefeated for the next 3 games they will be named Joint premiers with joeys. If joeys lose 1 game + lose to shore, Shore will be the premiers of the GPS. There upcoming fixtures are Newington away, Joeys at home and finish with scots away who are also looking strong this term.

3rd Scots 7 points- They spent most of term 2 on the bottom of the ladder with a disappointing start to the season. Injuries struck the team and they looked like the guranteed wooden spooners. They have picked up there act and now they find themselves 3rd on the ladder after a fairytale win against Joeys yesterday. They are still missing Laverty and Jacques which i’m unsure if they are coming back this season. There upcoming fixtures are Riverview away, Newington Home and Shore Home.

4th Riverview 6 points - They started off the season extremely strong in 1st place but dropped off and have lost 4 of their last 5 games. A tight win vs newington yesterday was a relief for the team and all they can do is try and ruin some teams premiership hopes. They have a tough draw playing against 2/3 of the top 3 teams in there next 3 games and look to prove a point. There upcoming fixtures are Scots home, Kings away and Joeys to finish.

Newington 5th 6 points- They have had a semi strong year upsetting shore and winning some close games but they have also lost some extremely close games leaving them with 3 wins and 5th on the ladder. Rodwell and Makasini have been extremely strong for them this season. There upcoming fixtures are Shore home, Scots away and finish with Kings home.

Kings 6th 5 points- Have had a super up and down season upsetting Joeys in a last minute thriller and tying with scots in the opening round but have lost some super close games. A tough loss against Shore yesterday pretty much closing out there season. All they can do in the next 3 games is prove there point and try get themselves off the bottom of the ladder. There upcoming fixtures are Joeys away, Riverview home and finish with Newington away.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Remaining Fixtures:

W8

Shore @ Newington
Scots @ Ignatius
Kings @ Joeys

W9

Joeys @ Shore
Newington @ Scots
Ignatius @ Kings

W10

Shore @ Scots
Kings @ Newington
Joeys @ Ignatius

Should be a nailbiter.

Balmain Subbies

Billy Sheehan (19)
What I noted about Joeys yesterday was the lack of forwards ball playing. Towards the end of the first half they did and it worked wonders. When the ball runner kept going one out they were nullified. Joeys will need to lift for Shore at Shore which I hope I will be at. There are pies with my name on them.
Nah Joker, Scots focused on slowing that down. Still cannot get over the win yesterday......even with the Ref clearly missing two tries by Scots in the first half. Either way great day and makes for an interesting race home

anothernudge

Herbert Moran (7)
Is anyone considering still Scots? If Scots win there next three, Joeys Win one and lose one and then draw with Shore even if Shore win their other two it could be a 3 Way 13 point Prem.

rugby-OG

Stan Wickham (3)
My TOTW

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Ghattas (J)
3. Osbourne (I)
4. Hamilton (E)
5. Brial (S)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Lemoto (S)
9. Wilson (K)
10. Bassingthwaighte (E)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Fittler (S)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Grantham (N)
15. Johnson (S)
No Brody Folkes at winger is crazy, I heard the young man scored a ripper of a try to cap off a great win against Newington

TriggerBall

Herbert Moran (7)
My TOTW

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Ghattas (J)
3. Osbourne (I)
4. Hamilton (E)
5. Brial (S)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Lemoto (S)
9. Wilson (K)
10. Bassingthwaighte (E)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Fittler (S)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Grantham (N)
15. Johnson (S)
I haven’t seen Wilson play. Can you give a quick summary of his game yesterday?

JackJill

Ward Prentice (10)
Joeys were poor today, hot and cold at best. Defended like champions in the first stanza. A lack of discipline in the second half by a certain few players in the forwards was extremely expensive. The Scots 15 did very well, popping up at 10 regularly and sparking opportunities for the talented backline. I thought the Scots 8 was great, his battle against the Joeys 7 was epic. I’m sure we will see them continue that in the other code next year.
Is Johannes Logan signed with league??

If so, that's a significant loss, he is quite the underrated player I personally believe. A 7 that has the size, a great running game and dominant over the ball? Surprised he didn't make any teams past AAGPS.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I haven’t seen Wilson play. Can you give a quick summary of his game yesterday?
He was a standout in a relatively average Kings side. He was nifty around the ruck and good in support which led to him snatching a try. Him and Fenwicke pretty much were the only things getting them moving on offense, and I would say he definitely outplayed and outkicked Binnie.

Joker

Staff member
1722198087314.png

I want your tips!

JOKER- I want you.jpg

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Nah Joker, Scots focused on slowing that down. Still cannot get over the win yesterday......even with the Ref clearly missing two tries by Scots in the first half. Either way great day and makes for an interesting race home
Clearly missed? The ref and his touchy seemed very much on the spot, doubt he missed anything. None the less, well done to Scots, they are greatly improved upon compared to round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.